Oh What a Night....one suspect dead one on the run

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Oh What a Night....one suspect dead one on the run

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

Considering they were unsophisticated, low-velocity explosives anyone with an internet access could find the directions quite easily.

That genie is out of the bottle so to speak.

Thats true, and vanish during a police chase and shoot out; and then evade a massive manhunt with a city locked down for going on 17 hours now....sure anyone could do those things.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Considering they were unsophisticated, low-velocity explosives anyone with an internet access could find the directions quite easily.

Thats true, and vanish during a police chase and shoot out; and then evade a massive manhunt with a city locked down for going on 17 hours now....sure anyone could do those things.

Seek help immediately.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to mef429's comment:

and you keep hanging onto the notion that an 8 year old came to this country as a trained terrorist..

When did I say that? 

Although extremist groups are known for starting the indoctrination process much younger than 8.

[QUOTE]

One report said they were throwing explosives; possibly hand grenades at police during the chase. If true, That takes support to obtain and a certain skill level (training) to accomplish.

Oh ok, so you are claiminmg that since they came here when they were 8 they have no training.

So they havent left in 11 years? Are you sure??

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mef429. Show mef429's posts

and you keep hanging onto the notion that an 8 year old came to this country as a trained terrorist..

When did I say that? 

Although extremist groups are known for starting the indoctrination process much younger than 8.

[QUOTE]

One report said they were throwing explosives; possibly hand grenades at police during the chase. If true, That takes support to obtain and a certain skill level (training) to accomplish.

Oh ok, so you are claiminmg that since they came here when they were 8 they have no training.

my position is that since one of them has been here since he was 8 he has no formal training from a terrorist cell. the "training" he has is probably from the internet. where you can learn to make homemade bombs and stuff like that. Also the fact that they held up a 7/11. That doesn't seem like something a trained operative would do.. It was hasty, panicked and quite dumb actually. So all that leans (in my mind anyway) towards the possibility that they are not a part of an external organization and are acting on their own accord.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

When did I say that? 

[QUOTE]

my position is that since one of them has been here since he was 8 he has no formal training from a terrorist cell. the "training" he has is probably from the internet. where you can learn to make homemade bombs and stuff like that. Also the fact that they held up a 7/11. That doesn't seem like something a trained operative would do.. It was hasty, panicked and quite dumb actually. So all that leans (in my mind anyway) towards the possibility that they are not a part of an external organization and are acting on their own accord.

I've been attending a statewide service organization for the past couple of days so have been trying to catch up on news reports. I've heard so many varied reports that it is almost impossible for the average person to know what's true. I think it's very early days in the investigation. I am glad they caught the younger brother alive. I think he will sing like a canary and the authorities will have a lot of the answers...but patience is needed at this time. We should let law enforcement do their jobs..and concentrate on helping those affected heal...in both body and spirit.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to ms_obstinate's comment:

In response to miscricket's comment:

When did I say that? 

[QUOTE]

I've been attending a statewide service organization for the past couple of days so have been trying to catch up on news reports. I've heard so many varied reports that it is almost impossible for the average person to know what's true. I think it's very early days in the investigation. I am glad they caught the younger brother alive. I think he will sing like a canary and the authorities will have a lot of the answers...but patience is needed at this time. We should let law enforcement do their jobs..and concentrate on helping those affected heal...in both body and spirit.

I hope he is kept alive long enough to shed some information, but from what I'm hearing from others is that he has a hole in his head which doesn't sound good.  Otherwise, I hope he goes quickly and none of our tax dollars are used to keep this evil creature alive.

I hadn't heard that he had a head injury...no..that's not good.  Disappointing news...although I thought I heard they had made other arrests. Is this true?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

When did I say that? 

[QUOTE]

I hope he is kept alive long enough to shed some information, but from what I'm hearing from others is that he has a hole in his head which doesn't sound good.  Otherwise, I hope he goes quickly and none of our tax dollars are used to keep this evil creature alive.

I hadn't heard that he had a head injury...no..that's not good.  Disappointing news...although I thought I heard they had made other arrests. Is this true?

They did take in three on Friday night from an apartment in NB. Then let them go, but then on Saturday detained the  the two males they took in on Friday night. 

There is a story going round that #2 tried to commit suicide on the boat and shot himself in the head. 

I guess that wouldn't surprise me. I've been trying to catch up on all the news but in reality it may not be until tomorrow anyhow..lol. Considering what he faced..I'm not surprised he tried to kill himself.

What I am somewhat surprised about is all the interviews I've seen with friends of his saying what a nice..kind person he was ( that's the kind of "news" you get after midnight..lol). Guess you never really know some people.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130420/NEWS/130429995

Link to the story on the New Bedford arrests... glitch won't let me edit my post above....I am now you miscricket...lol. 

(Sometimes I want to ignore myself ...haaaahaaa)

lol...you are too funny :-) Thanks for the link..I'll check it out!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

The fact is that they aren't that sophisticated seeing as they were identified within a few days and were only discovered because they continued to commit murder and mayhem drawing even more attention to themselves.

You pretense would be much more believeable if they were never identified, were able to slip way undetected and weren't being hounded to ground like the animals they are.

It is tough to judge. I tend to agree with you that if these were sophisticated terrorists..they would have been on the other side of the globe before Tuesday morning. My initial guess is that the older brother was the ringleader and interested in "building a resume" so to speak. Truly an evil individual.  Pretty much everything we say until the investigation is complete is just speculation. There's nothing wrong with speculating in a discussion forum..as long as we all keep in mind that it's all just speculation.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

http://www.southcoasttoday.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130420/NEWS/130429995

Link to the story on the New Bedford arrests... glitch won't let me edit my post above....I am now you miscricket...lol. 

(Sometimes I want to ignore myself ...haaaahaaa)

I checked out the link. What an article!  It seems like the plot thickens. To me..the most interesting thing in that article was the report of the presence of a consulate van..which then took the females away. What consulate? Where did they take the women? So many questions.....!