Olbermann Suspended...indefinitely...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Olbermann Suspended...indefinitely...?

That's the scuttlebutt around The Rock...politico had the scoop:

MSNBC host Keith Olbermann made campaign contributions to two Arizona members of Congress and failed Kentucky Senate candidate Jack Conway ahead of Tuesday’s election — a potential violation of NBC ethics policies.

Olbermann, who acknowledged the contributions in a statement to POLITICO, made the maximum legal donations of $2,400 apiece to Conway and to Arizona Reps. Raul Grijalva and Gabrielle Giffords. He donated to the Arizona pair on Oct. 28 — the same day that Grijalva appeared as a guest on Olbermann’s “Countdown” show.

It now seems the suspension is "www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/11/05/keith-olbermann-suspended_n_779586.html" target="_new">indefinite." And official:

"Anyone working for NBC News who takes part in civic or other outside activities may find that these activities jeopardize his or her standing as an impartial journalist because they may create the appearance of a conflict of interest. Such activities may include participation in or contributions to political campaigns or groups that espouse controversial positions. You should report any such potential conflicts in advance to, and obtain prior approval of, the president of NBC News or his designee."

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Re: Olbermann Suspended...indefinitely...?

I guess MSNBC really can't hold a candle to Fox after all:

"News Corp made www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2010_10/026157.php" target="_new">multiple undisclosed donations to the Republican Governors Association, totaling at least $1.25 million, in addition to a $1 million contribution to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for its pro-Republican election-year activities. Fox News has helped GOP candidates raise money on the air; Fox News personalities are featured guests at Republican fundraisers; while other Fox News personalities www.slate.com/BLOGS/blogs/weigel/archive/2010/11/05/who-s-backing-joe-miller.aspx" target="_new">continue to help generate financial support for Republican candidates now, even after the elections." - WaMo

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

General Electric, which owned NBC until recently , has also made substantial political contributions in the 2010 election cycle. For example, GE donated $688,900 to Democrats through its PAC this election cycle compared to $410,100 to Republicans. The company has also given $75,500 to Democratic-affiliated leadership PACs and $74,500 to Republican-affiliated leadership PACs.

Meanwhile, GE has donated $237,000 to the Democratic Governors Association and $205,000 to the Republican Governors Association

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Wow they have ethics at MSNBC.

I have a tingle up my leg, I understand how Chris Matthews feels.

The only question I have is how will they blame Bush for this?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

In Response to Re: Olbermann Suspended...indefinitely...?:
    [QUOTE]who is Keith Obermom
    Posted by howiewho[/QUOTE]

Mr. Olbermann is a crazy individual who needs to be medicated! Keith, dude, get some help!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In Response to Re: Olbermann Suspended...indefinitely...?:
    [QUOTE]I guess MSNBC really can't hold a candle to Fox after all: "News Corp made www.washingtonmonthly.com/archives/individual/2010_10/026157.php " target="_new" /> multiple undisclosed donations to the Republican Governors Association, totaling at least $1.25 million, in addition to a $1 million contribution to the U.S. Chamber of Commerce for its pro-Republican election-year activities. Fox News has helped GOP candidates raise money on the air ; Fox News personalities are featured guests at Republican fundraisers ; while other Fox News personalities www.slate.com/BLOGS/blogs/weigel/archive/2010/11/05/who-s-backing-joe-miller.aspx " target="_new"> continue to help generate financial support for Republican candidates now, even after the elections." - WaMo
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

(Sniff, Sniff, cough, cough ....) "But, But, But, THEY do it! (Sniff, sniff, sniff, cough, cough....)

LMFAO!  Do you want to enter teh "Unscrew Keith's Lightbulb When He Leaves The Air" Contest? Careful.... even though it's one of those 25 watt icr cream cone deals, it may be hot to the touch.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Keith Olbermann is a dispicable, angry, bitter, warped and misguided individual.  The guy is completely unhinged. 

However.....I wish he wasn't taken off of the air for donating money to candidates that he believed in.  On one hand I understand a corporate policy.  I get that, and he shouldn't have violated his contract, that was dumb of him.  I think the clause is ridiculous, he should be able to support who he wants.

With all of that said....I really wish this wasn't the way he left TV.  I want Olbermann thrown off TV because the free market determines that he is unwatchable.  I want his abysmal ratings and the merit of his work to determine his demise, not some silly camapign contribution.  It's a free country, he can say and do what he wants in my eyes.  Let the market judge his viability.

I will miss you Keith...you have very high entertainment value and I know with a little more time, you would have gotten ten times the audience you have now so you could be half as successful as O'Reilly.

Olbermann will have his own high-chair on The View soon....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Ponder the irony of an organization that would hire Keith Olberman claiming to have journalistic ethics.

Really?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I watch him every so often, for maybe a minute or two.  It is always a sober reminder, as he talks, hunched forward with furrowed brow, that most progressives are in lock step with every thing this evil, sick person utters.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

I think Olbermann lost his mind when Laura Ingram dumped his sorry A**, he never got over it and now blames all on the right for this happening.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

Is that the fool who said he went to Cornell?
    Ivy leaguer faker lier like his buddy oboso.

...only if he can take Chris the pvssy mouth matthew and Rachell madcow desease with him. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pymus1. Show pymus1's posts

I actually fell bad for the guy. I've been saying for years - few people know he suffered a terrible head injury years back. He is unable to drive a car. The guy needs help. Its about time MSNBC stopped allowing this guy to embarrass himself. I guess up until recently they needed the the few side-show bucks this guy pulled it.

Get well Keith!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Super77. Show Super77's posts

My grade school time out punishment far severe than
       stupid MSNBC....wonder why no one watch their network.

Chris pvssy matthew
    Rachelle madcow desease
    Ivy league faker Olbermann ...a bunch of liberal mental desease.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Well that was short and sweet....

Keith Olbermann will be allowed to resume his nightly program on MSNBC tomorrow, ending his suspension for donating money to three Democratic candidates, the channel’s president said last night.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

It took this for them to realize he may be seen as an "impartial Journalist"???

That's hilarious!!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from hawkeye01. Show hawkeye01's posts

I missed his frothing psychopathic rants. Quite amusing to say the least.