Olbermann to Return to ESPN

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Olbermann to Return to ESPN

Guess Who's Back???

Here comes Keith Olbermann’s second act. The fiery newsman will return to ESPN, his original home, after 16 years, sources told The New York Times on Wednesday. Olbermann, 54, is expected to host a one-hour nightly show on ESPN2, where he will be free to discuss topics other than sports such as pop culture and current events—but not politics. The host ofSportsCenter with Dan Patrick, Olbermann left the network in 1997 and went on to host Countdown on MSNBC from 2003 to 2011. Since Olbermann is known for being liberal, ESPN executives had apparently worried that he’d become too politicized, leading to 14 months of intense discussions between ESPN and Disney.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

Re: Olbermann to Return to ESPN

ln Won't watch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Second act? More like 4th act. Olby has self-destructed and failed at ESPN, MSNBC and AlGore's network...
    Per usual he will deliberately defy his bosses like a recalcitrant teenager, and discuss politics on his show, count on it.
    Per usual his ratings will be very bad, but per usual liberal media critics will love him.

Liberal media figures like Katie Couric and Olberman can fail and fail again, but they always are propped up and given new jobs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Second act? More like 4th act. Olby has self-destructed and failed at ESPN, MSNBC and AlGore's network...
    Per usual he will deliberately defy his bosses like a recalcitrant teenager, and discuss politics on his show, count on it.
    Per usual his ratings will be very bad, but per usual liberal media critics will love him.

Liberal media figures like Katie Couric and Olberman can fail and fail again, but they always are propped up and given new jobs.

CLC,

Pardon me, but what has Katie Couric "failed" at?

She was a success on the Today Show, as well as the 1st woman to anchor the evening news solo on CBS. She currently has a successful daytime one hour talk show.

Katie Couric, after losing her husband at an early age to colon cancer, underwent a colonoscopy on air on the Today Show. That alone has probably saved untold lives. The best way to beat colon cancer, a very difficult cancer to beat, is to catch it early. The number of people requesting colonoscopies after her's skyrocketed. 

I have one at least every three years. That is because I have had ulcerative colitis since I was 19. My risk for colon cancer is sky high. On the other hand there is almost no chance I will die from it because it will be caught soon enough to be treated sucessfully.

That alone is a legagy she can live on.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

ln Won't watch

bp,

I believe that is why they invented the remote control.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The fiery newsman

"Newsman?" Seriously?

The worst thing that could have happened to Olberman was having a Democrat become president. It removed around 75 percent of the material from his schtick. All of a sudden people looked up and said "hey wait, this guy is useless!!"

Glad to see he's back in a role that he's more or less competent at though. Someone let me know how he does. ;-)

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Who?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The big question is:  If a white lineman sacks a black quarterback, will Olberman scream racism?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]The fiery newsman

"Newsman?" Seriously?

The worst thing that could have happened to Olberman was having a Democrat become president. It removed around 75 percent of the material from his schtick. All of a sudden people looked up and said "hey wait, this guy is useless!!"

Glad to see he's back in a role that he's more or less competent at though. Someone let me know how he does. ;-)

--

[/QUOTE]

SB,

Sure, no problem.

And he reported the news with 2 different Democrat presidents...Clinton and Obama.

So not "could have happened"... it did happen.

And he wents nuts the first time having to report on Lewinskygate every night for months so when he came back to news he made sure the show (Countdown) was structured in blocks, so no one story would get over reported for the sake of ratings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Okay, you got me andie, I only became aware of his "news" show during the Bush admin. Did he foam at the mouth when Clinton was prez or did that come later?

--

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Okay, you got me andie, I only became aware of his "news" show during the Bush admin. Did he foam at the mouth when Clinton was prez or did that come later?

--

SB,

He is a very smart guy. Really. 

He did let his emotions, his anger at what was happening get to him. He was not the detached news person many seem to prefer. 

Sections
Shortcuts