Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round.

In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round.:
    In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : Lol, one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other dummy, but thanks for playing.  As for gracious, look at this thread full of "patriots" whooping it up because an American city lost an Olympic bid.  Well really what you are whooping it up over is the chance to stick it to Obama on what was likely to be a losing proposition anyway.  Congrats, I am sure your american flag shirts will wear extra snug on this day where you cheer Rio winning out over your own country. 
    Posted by DamainAllen

Now now Damien, if some republican had come up with egg on his face I am sure the left would be snickering a little too. The Olympics are overrated anyhow, its not some guaranteed huge money maker thats going to make or break our country.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round.:
    In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : Sorry, not interested in a circle jerk about the United States losing
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

But we so wanted you in the middle. I know you dems like that stuff.

Besides.. Obama taught us.. It's not that we lost.. the whole world WON.. by not having to go to that corrupt cesspool.

Johnny.. tell him about the fine parting gifts he'll get for participating. (Did they say that to Messiah and Michelle too?)

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : Lol, one thing doesn't have anything to do with the other dummy, but thanks for playing.  As for gracious, look at this thread full of "patriots" whooping it up because an American city lost an Olympic bid.  Well really what you are whooping it up over is the chance to stick it to Obama on what was likely to be a losing proposition anyway.  Congrats, I am sure your american flag shirts will wear extra snug on this day where you cheer Rio winning out over your own country. 
    Posted by DamainAllen

I am reminded of the officer in Viet Nam: "We had to destroy the village to save it".  That seems to be the attitude of too many conservatives today.  Wreck Obama no matter what happens to the country.  Dance over any defeat he may have even if the country is the actual loser.  Is it racism?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it sure is partisan politics at its very worst.   And Viet Nam turned out so very well...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

On a less than humorous note..

Do you think this has come down to good guys and bad guys?
    Are Repubs everywhere celebrating because Obama comes back a loser?

Might the opposite be true?
    How very petty... OR.. how over emotional things have evolved.

Anyway.. it's only political. We do share the bond that we are all Americans (Green card senor?) and will root for the US where ever it's held.

Special thanks to Jimmah and Damian.. ESAD.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bill-806. Show Bill-806's posts

WOW......  NO JOY IN CORRUPTVILLE TONIGHT !!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

bammy, do you frequent minnesota airport bathrooms too? or just keep it confined to repub circle jerks?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from PS911fan. Show PS911fan's posts

In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : I am reminded of the officer in Viet Nam: "We had to destroy the village to save it".  That seems to be the attitude of too many conservatives today.  Wreck Obama no matter what happens to the country.  Dance over any defeat he may have even if the country is the actual loser.  Is it racism?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it sure is partisan politics at its very worst.   And Viet Nam turned out so very well...
    Posted by Reubenhop

Ruben, you give interesting prose but i choose to point it out for exacty who these people are

UNPATRIOTIC, HUBRIS Filled sacks of disloyal maggot s**t that infest the skin of a human body....plus they call for a military coup of this country

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

bammy, do you frequent minnesota airport bathrooms too? or just keep it confined to repub circle jerks?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0

At the monthly meetings we ALWAYS invite a Dem as a ... guest.. speaker.
    I was hanging out at yo mamas.. but the lines got too long.
    All the illegals were ahead of me and I only had 2 hours.

Is stress management in the Bammy HC proposal... Ooops he himself never proposed any of the 14 versions in Congress. Sorry.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : Ruben, you give interesting prose but i choose to point it out for exacty who these people are UNPATRIOTIC, HUBRIS Filled sacks of disloyal maggot s**t that infest the skin of a human body....plus they call for a military coup of this country
    Posted by PS911fan

Flunked anger management huh?
    Don't hold back.. tell the group how you REALLY feel. Geesh !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : I am reminded of the officer in Viet Nam: "We had to destroy the village to save it".  That seems to be the attitude of too many conservatives today.  Wreck Obama no matter what happens to the country.  Dance over any defeat he may have even if the country is the actual loser.  Is it racism?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it sure is partisan politics at its very worst.   And Viet Nam turned out so very well...
    Posted by Reubenhop

Your faux outrage is disingenuous. Sorry, but the Left, in general, never supported Bush from day 1. They were pi55ed about the election and wanted him to fail at everything. Of course they got their wish but that doesn't negate the fact that the Left hated him and wanted him to fail from day 1. All because they thought the election was "stolen".
    BOTH sides seem to want the other guy to fail because they want THEIR guy in the next election.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dexter67. Show dexter67's posts

In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : Ruben, you give interesting prose but i choose to point it out for exacty who these people are UNPATRIOTIC, HUBRIS Filled sacks of disloyal maggot s**t that infest the skin of a human body....plus they call for a military coup of this country
    Posted by PS911fan

You seem like a real fun guy....yikes!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : Now now Damien, if some republican had come up with egg on his face I am sure the left would be snickering a little too. The Olympics are overrated anyhow, its not some guaranteed huge money maker thats going to make or break our country.
    Posted by lrecliner

I will grant you that some people may very well have done that, but I can assure that I would not.  I didn't think Chicago would win anyhow simply because between Los Angeles, Atlanta, Lake Placid, and Salt lake City we've had a number of summer and winter olympic events in recent memory. 

What I don't really understand how the IOC makes these decisions since I would have figured Madrid would have won as Rio has some serious issues to overcome.  But I suppose the IOC looked at it and felt the entire country of Brazil would rally around the effort in much the same way China did, whereas if Chicago had won it would have been a largely regional effort at best.  Also given that South America has never hosted a summer games before there was that historical element involved as well.

At any rate I don't see why folks are eager to portray this as a defeat for Obama, if anything the greater Chicago Area lost out on a chance to do some serious infrastructure building and add some jobs that would help over the short to intermediate term.  I won't go all melodramatic and claim this is a loss for America, but I think it would have been nice to host a global event like the Olympics again. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

Actually, I can't wait to watch all the media tonight, it'll be amusing to watch Brian Williams get all choked up that "America lost a valiant battle by the great warriors of our time". 

They all had it pegged as slam-dunk, poor Oprah dragged her fat ar-se over there to dance and cheer, too bad.

Talk about sour grapes ruben:

"I am reminded of the officer in Viet Nam: "We had to destroy the village to save it".  That seems to be the attitude of too many conservatives today.  Wreck Obama no matter what happens to the country.  Dance over any defeat he may have even if the country is the actual loser.  Is it racism?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it sure is partisan politics at its very worst.   And Viet Nam turned out so very well..."

You truly are one sorry-SOB!

Have nice weekend everyone!  Go PATS!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ManWithNoName. Show ManWithNoName's posts

My my my what a snub.

Obama, Jesse Jackson, Oprah and Daley all looking like fools on a world stage.

Pinch me...........I must be dreaming...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

Actually, I can't wait to watch all the media tonight, it'll be amusing to watch Brian Williams get all choked up that "America lost a valiant battle by the great warriors of our time".  They all had it pegged as slam-dunk, poor Oprah dragged her fat ar-se over there to dance and cheer, too bad. Talk about sour grapes ruben: "I am reminded of the officer in Viet Nam: "We had to destroy the village to save it".  That seems to be the attitude of too many conservatives today.  Wreck Obama no matter what happens to the country.  Dance over any defeat he may have even if the country is the actual loser.  Is it racism?  Maybe, maybe not.  But it sure is partisan politics at its very worst.   And Viet Nam turned out so very well..." You truly are one sorry-SOB! Have nice weekend everyone!  Go PATS!
    Posted by dazydo

It is not sour grapes.  I have not really lost anything in this Chicago decision.  But we all have lost is a sense of perspective that we have more that unites us than that divides us.  And that is a very real loss that everybody should feel.  There are too many bitter enders.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

In Response to Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round.:
    That's gotta sting! www.cnn.com Another devastating defeat.
    Posted by sk8ter2008

Today was the FINAL round, Dr. Boater.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Drudge: Obama + Michelle x Oprah= Zero

Dont blame the President so much.
    The incredibly obnoxious Oprah Winfrey may be a major reason.  She no doubt thought Her celebrity presence was enough to sway the decision;  the IOC nonetheless refused to bow and scrape to the rotund "queen of new age gurus".  
    The boorish Oprah hasnt lost any weight, but her empire has lost $400 million in one year and the world is sick of her. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from catmantwo. Show catmantwo's posts

The boorish Oprah hasnt lost any weight...
    Posted by BobinVa

I beg to differ Bobin.

Oprah has lost THOUSANDS of pounds over the years!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

This is simple, the IOC is obviously a racist organization.  There can't be any other reason obama didn't bring home the bacon.

Is Sarah Palin the chair of the IOC?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from movingtarget2. Show movingtarget2's posts

Brazil is not in better financial condition than the US.  Brazil is, however, in better financial condition than it ever has been.  SA deserves an Olympics, and Brazil is the only country that could pull it off.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

There's a google board where the libbies are blaming Bush, and they're buying it.

Its HILARIOUS!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]There's a google board where the libbies are blaming Bush, and they're buying it. Its HILARIOUS!
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]
    It gets better.  Jesse Jackson has joined the cupcake squad!  And get this, he blames, and I quote, "“The way we [refused to sign] the Kyoto Treaty".

Clinton refused to SUBMIT Kyoto upon a UNANIMOUS "suggestion" by the US Senate!  And in case you haven't noticed Jess, Obama hasn't either.

Now thats just stupid, Jess

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : Sorry, Reuben, but how can you not be embarrassed by this display?  Here we are, a lead nation whose greed and shortsightedness has caused economic shambles worldwide, sending our President, First Lady, and the richest woman on the planet to beg for the privilege of taking other people's money to improve their hometown.  They even had the gall to personalize their plea.  There may be more that unites us, but this type of behavior certainly doesn't represent it.  And would you have ever have thought in your lifetime that Brazil would be in better financial position to host the games than the USA?  
    Posted by crzn[/QUOTE]

Obama made a mistake making this a "personal mission".  The writing on the wall should have been evident that South America deserved an Olympics (it has never had one) and he should not have wasted his political capital on the venture.  Of course, if he did not go the conservatives would have complained about that as well and he would have been "defeated" again. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

Fair analysis (B+) .... until you got into self serving conjucture (F).

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreginMedford. Show GreginMedford's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Olympic body rejects Obama's! Chicago knocked out in the first round. : It gets better.  Jesse Jackson has joined the cupcake squad!  And get this, he blames, and I quote, " “The way we [refused to sign] the Kyoto Treaty". Clinton refused to SUBMIT Kyoto upon a UNANIMOUS "suggestion" by the US Senate!  And in case you haven't noticed Jess, Obama hasn't either. Now thats just stupid, Jess
    Posted by GreginMedford[/QUOTE]

Is there ANYTHING these dopes won't blame on Bush?

Sections
Shortcuts