On his 938th day in office Obama says he will put forth a JOBS plan........in a month or so!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whatnow4. Show whatnow4's posts

Re: On his 938th day in office Obama says he will put forth a JOBS plan........in a month or so!!

Why are dems beating around the bush?

Dems need to put forth a bill that raises taxes on those who make more than a million.

Then let those who are against it, shoot themselves in the foot.  Let the people see it, and then act on it come election time.

They should have done this before.  I even recommended it (cause I am wicked smawt).

Obama should have said. . . . 'don't like $250 then how about 350, 450, 550 etc. . . .

Eventually the majority of voters will be for it, and we will see who is being an obstructionist.

I think $500 is legit.  1 million most certainly.

And don't give me the job producers argument.  A small business owner who is making over 1 million is not reinvesting, and low taxes won't make them do it. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Re: On his 938th day in office Obama says he will put forth a JOBS plan........in a month or so!!

Yeah.

He should put on a cowboy hat and pose with chainsaws or something.

Oh SNAP.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from s0ftsquash. Show s0ftsquash's posts

And don't give me the job producers argument.  A small business owner who is making over 1 million is not reinvesting, and low taxes won't make them do it. 

I guess you've never been a small business owner. The several that I know have 1/2 their earnings taken from the government...thats before they can pay all the overhead of running the business to just turn a profit. The governments theft/taxation of small businesses DIRECTLY affects its ability to hire on new staff, expand operations, and even reinvesting back into the business.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Re: On his 938th day in office Obama says he will put forth a JOBS plan........in a month or so!!:
    It's indisputable by any measure. The stimulus' goal of saving or creating 3-to-4-million jobs was indeed successful. Was it enough to stem the tide of labor sacrificed for capital?  No. Think of how many more jobs could have been created or saved if the stimulus was as big as it should have been (and many economists urged at the time). Of course, spending cuts would have guaranteed even more layoffs. Interestingly, during this recent debt ceiling debate, part of the opposition strategy of attempting to force either a downgrade or govt shutdown drove many investors into federal treasury bonds, thereby hurting the private sector. Ironic, eh, that the logjam in DC over the debt ended up favoring the fed's coffers instead of the dow's...??
    Posted by MattyScornD

Sounds like liberal BS with no actual facts to back it up. Without the stimulous the job sheading may have stopped anyway! You do not know with any real certainty that the stimulous did anything other than raise the debt by 50%

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: On his 938th day in office Obama says he will put forth a JOBS plan........in a month or so!!:
    Um... Obama bundled in a jobs component into the original stimulus, remember that?  You may recall the ariticles that come out every six months or sostating for every job created it cost ONE GAZILLION DOLLARS.  The stimulus is credited with saving or creating well over 2 million jobs, potentially more.  In March 2010 Obama signed a 17 billion dollar jobs bill (reduced from 85 billion by congress) In August 2010 Obama signed a 26 Billion dollar jobs bill that sent aid directly to states to shore up their funding for state and local municipal jobs. In September 2010 Obama signed the Small Business Jobs Act, which was intended to free up credit for small business, lowered taxes, and provided other incentives for hiring. What, pray tell, has the GOP done to address joblessness? 
    Posted by DamainAllen

The theory that these were jobs bills, well, if you are a state or local worker, maybe, as the money went in great measure to "save" jobs in government, jobs that were only at risk in a theoretical sense, jobs that should have been eliminated anyways, as we cannot afford them.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

He was too busy this month working on his illegal imigrant administative amnesty plan to work on a jobs plan; he'll get that next month.

Sections
Shortcuts