One lesson from the election, wingnuts must change or die.

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: One lesson from the election, wingnuts must change or die.

In response to NO MO O's comment:

Change or die... sounds like a threat.

O speech does not support violent phrases.. unless his attack dogs spew them. Are you one of them ?

How did you graduate from kindergarten?

Change or die isn't a threat.  It's a warning.  Kind of like, evacuate the Jersey coast or die because a super storm is coming.

The Republican party needs to change or they risk never being in the oval office again.  If they are going to continue to alienate minorities and working women and young whites, then they will never win another national election.

How can expect to win a national election if their values run counter to the values of a mojority of the electorate.

I never understood the alliance between small government advocates and the religious fundamentalists.  it results in a platform of freeing corporations and the wealthy from government regulation but having the Government telling individuals what they can and cannot do. 

On the one hand, they complain about the government telling the doctor how to treat patients and then they try to pass laws telling doctors that they have perform trans-vaginal ultrasounds.  And none of you sees the hypocracy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Through their politics of fear the GOP has alienated themselves from many of the growing demographics in this country.  It is a short sighted approach to large scale politics.  It is by no means irreversable but if the GOP doesn't start reconsidering some of their platform regarding marriage equality, reproductive issues, and issues important to the Latino community, they will continue to lag behind as the GOP base grows older while the Dem base continues to win by large margins under age 30.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

In response to NO MO O's comment:

Change or die... sounds like a threat.

O speech does not support violent phrases.. unless his attack dogs spew them. Are you one of them ?

How did you graduate from kindergarten?

Change or die isn't a threat.  It's a warning.  Kind of like, evacuate the Jersey coast or die because a super storm is coming.

The Republican party needs to change or they risk never being in the oval office again.  If they are going to continue to alienate minorities and working women and young whites, then they will never win another national election.

How can expect to win a national election if their values run counter to the values of a mojority of the electorate.

I never understood the alliance between small government advocates and the religious fundamentalists.  it results in a platform of freeing corporations and the wealthy from government regulation but having the Government telling individuals what they can and cannot do. 

On the one hand, they complain about the government telling the doctor how to treat patients and then they try to pass laws telling doctors that they have perform trans-vaginal ultrasounds.  And none of you sees the hypocracy.

Ah...but Palin really meant she wanted to shoot people....my god...

You read that whole post and your take away is a useless Palin comparison?  It seems the substance is lost on you, which is both ironic and telling.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

After the shellacking the Dems took in 2010, the advice was that they had to change their leftist ways....they didnt, and roared back with their own shellacking.

The GOP can't pander to Latinos and women by becoming Democrat-lite, that would only make things worse, electorally and otherwise.

Wingnuts are damaged, but not dead, and need to take this lesson from a poem hundreds of years old:

"Fight on, my men," says Sir Andrew Barton, "I am hurt, but I am not slain; I'll lay me down and bleed a while, And then I'll rise and fight again."

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to BetheKoolaid's comment:

After the shellacking the Dems took in 2010, the advice was that they had to change their leftist ways....they didnt, and roared back with their own shellacking.

The GOP can't pander to Latinos and women by becoming Democrat-lite, that would only make things worse, electorally and otherwise.

Wingnuts are damaged, but not dead, and need to take this lesson from a poem hundreds of years old:

"Fight on, my men," says Sir Andrew Barton, "I am hurt, but I am not slain; I'll lay me down and bleed a while, And then I'll rise and fight again."

Rise and fight again?

Not with the changing demographics you wont. 

Change the social conservatism, stop the threats to the social programs regular people depend on and have arealistic immigration policy or... be dead and buried.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

"The GOP can't pander to Latinos and women by becoming Democrat-lite, that would only make things worse, electorally and otherwise. Wingnuts are damaged, but not dead, and need to take this lesson from a poem hundreds of years old: "Fight on, my men," says Sir Andrew Barton, "I am hurt, but I am not slain; I'll lay me down and bleed a while, And then I'll rise and fight again."

I hope the GOP stays as it is. Keeps them out of the oval office and limits the damage they can do to the country. unfortunately, they'll still have the ability to own state government and gerrymander the congressional districts to make it easier for them to keep the house.

As long as the GOP is the party of fear, their chances of taking the white house will dwindle.  As they they dwindle, they will become more and more conservative and more and more about fear. 

Sections
Shortcuts