Outside of Washington, the GOP has never been stronger.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Outside of Washington, the GOP has never been stronger.

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

...all to demonstrate how utterly craven and contemptuous they are IN DC.....

we agree. just like democrats everywhere.

Agreed.  

Though I don't recall the Dems having to give two separate responses to the SOTU.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Agreed.  

Though I don't recall the Dems having to give two separate responses to the SOTU.

Did you miss the Official Moonbat response?

Ralph Nader, your response to the State of the Union address? It could be President Obama’s last. It could be the beginning of a new President Obama for a second term. What do you think?

RALPH NADER: Well, I think his lawless militarism, that started the speech and ended the speech, was truly astonishing. I mean, he was very committed to projecting the American empire, in Obama terms, force projection in the Pacific, and distorting the whole process of how he explains Iraq and Afghanistan. He talks about Libya and Syria, and then went into the military alliance with Israel and didn’t talk about the peace process or the plight of the Palestinians, who are being so repressed. Leaving Iraq as if it was a victory? Iraq has been destroyed: massive refugees, over a million Iraqis dead, contaminated environment, collapsing infrastructure, sectarian warfare. He should be ashamed of himself that he tries to drape our soldiers, who were sent on lawless military missions to kill and die in those countries, unconstitutional wars that violate Geneva conventions and international law and federal statutes, and drape them as if they’ve come back from Iwo Jima or Normandy. So I think it was very, very poor taste to start and end with this kind of massive militarism and the Obama empire.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: And on the economy, Ralph Nader, on the economy, your response to what Obama said last night?

RALPH NADER: A lot of good-sounding words. He’s very good at that. I’m glad he focused on Wall Street abuses on more than one occasion. I’m glad that he focused on renewable energy. But notice that he just mentioned climate change but didn’t go anywhere on that one. He still is not able to use the word "poverty." It’s always the middle class, which is shrinking into poverty. But you’ve got 60, 70, 80 million people living in poverty in the United States, and child poverty.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Agreed.  

Did you miss the Official Moonbat response?

Ralph Nader, your response to the State of the Union address? It could be President Obama’s last. It could be the beginning of a new President Obama for a second term. What do you think?

RALPH NADER: Well, I think his lawless militarism, that started the speech and ended the speech, was truly astonishing. I mean, he was very committed to projecting the American empire, in Obama terms, force projection in the Pacific, and distorting the whole process of how he explains Iraq and Afghanistan. He talks about Libya and Syria, and then went into the military alliance with Israel and didn’t talk about the peace process or the plight of the Palestinians, who are being so repressed. Leaving Iraq as if it was a victory? Iraq has been destroyed: massive refugees, over a million Iraqis dead, contaminated environment, collapsing infrastructure, sectarian warfare. He should be ashamed of himself that he tries to drape our soldiers, who were sent on lawless military missions to kill and die in those countries, unconstitutional wars that violate Geneva conventions and international law and federal statutes, and drape them as if they’ve come back from Iwo Jima or Normandy. So I think it was very, very poor taste to start and end with this kind of massive militarism and the Obama empire.

NERMEEN SHAIKH: And on the economy, Ralph Nader, on the economy, your response to what Obama said last night?

RALPH NADER: A lot of good-sounding words. He’s very good at that. I’m glad he focused on Wall Street abuses on more than one occasion. I’m glad that he focused on renewable energy. But notice that he just mentioned climate change but didn’t go anywhere on that one. He still is not able to use the word "poverty." It’s always the middle class, which is shrinking into poverty. But you’ve got 60, 70, 80 million people living in poverty in the United States, and child poverty.

Nader is not a Dem, and this hardly seems official.  Or current.

Rand Paul is a GOP sitting senator.

Not surprised you whipped out your false equivalence fairy wand, though.  It's your reason for being.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

And it's a fair bet unless they drop their social nonsense.

Here is where we are in complete agreement. The GOP needs to stick to their strengths, the economy, foreign affairs, and all around general competency. Once they stray into social issues they're dead in the water. In this, and only this, they need to take a lesson from the libertarians and go with the live and let live philosophy.

The Democrats and their willing lackeys in the press will always highlight and exploit (even make up as in the idiotic Sandra Fluke 'controversy') any stupid foray into social issues. The truth is that these are the least important issues facing us. There are a lot of things that need fixing before we need to start worrying bloody birth control and the other wedge issues that the Democrats use to mask their dearth of real ideas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

And it's a fair bet unless they drop their social nonsense.

Here is where we are in complete agreement. The GOP needs to stick to their strengths, foreign affairs

Not much of a strength any more...

...not after the botched response to 9/11

...not after blowing it Afghanistan and missing bin laden

...not after the Iraq debacle (which human shell McCain still admit to)

...not after Abu Ghraib and torture at Gitmo

...not after the benghazi witch hunt (all for nothing) and now their childish petulance over a SecDef nominee because Hagel gave them a wedgie or some other bu!!s**t.

To the degree that most people even think about foreign policy, the gopers have not excelled in that area as of late.  Even if they had, prostrating themselves before Israel and demanding war with Iran does not bode well.

As it is, the dem front runner for 2016 is the last dem SecState.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

The truth is that these are the least important issues facing us. There are a lot of things that need fixing before we need to start worrying bloody birth control and the other wedge issues that the Democrats use to mask their dearth of real ideas.

While I fully admit to the dems subterfuge, the gop brings it upon themselves almost constantly.

Especially in the state houses, where they are rolling back anti-discrimination orders, attacking voter rights, calling fetuses "persons", demonizing gay marriages, gerrymandering, de-funding medicaid and demanding the right for businesses to fire anyone they wish, for any reason.

And unfortunately for the gop, many voters DO think these issues are important, and many more sympathize with them immensely.

The GOP brand (contra CLC) is rather tarnished among a very wide, very diverse segment of the population that also happens to be growing...unlike the over-70 crowd, who are not.