Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County

After much hype, Sarah Palin’s poorly-named documentary The Undefeated premiered last night in a whopping 10 theaters around the country, but that may have been too many because in Orange County, California, www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/07/sarah-palin-movie-debuts-to-empty-theater-in-orange-county/241983/">no one showed up. Literally. The area is a bastion of conservative politics and Palin herself visited the affluent OC as recently as October, but when Atlantic editor Conor Friedersdor attended the premier last night, he “www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/07/sarah-palin-movie-debuts-to-empty-theater-in-orange-county/241983/">sat through the whole movie alone.” Friedersdor reflects:

Instead of researching civil liberties violations, or the war in Libya, or the contest to elect the next president of the United States, I was both a journalist and the only member of the public willfully paying attention to Sarah Palin, as if standing in for the pathologies of my profession.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County

What is “empty theater” gate?  It’s all about Conor Friedersdorf and a staged midnight showing of the Palin Movie, The Undefeated, which was not advertised, promoted, or even had tickets offered on any of the movie sites.  Some guy in the Block at Orange CA Movie Theater decided to suddenly, without informing anyone, including AMC, including the people marketing this film, that he would show the film at 12:45 am PST.  Only one guy showed up- Conor Friedersdorf- who happens to be a long-time poison pen attacker of Sarah Palin and other conservative leaders. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County:
    What is “empty theater” gate?  It’s all about Conor Friedersdorf and a staged midnight showing of the Palin Movie, The Undefeated, which was not advertised, promoted, or even had tickets offered on any of the movie sites.  Some guy in the Block at Orange CA Movie Theater decided to suddenly, without informing anyone, including AMC, including the people marketing this film, that he would show the film at 12:45 am PST.  Only one guy showed up- Conor Friedersdorf- who happens to be a long-time poison pen attacker of Sarah Palin and other conservative leaders.  
    Posted by BobinVa

BobinVA still loves Caribou Barbie. Hahahahaaaaaaa! KittyDuke loves her too, which is pretty hot.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Posted by BobinVa

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I'm waiting for the film version of "Dreams of my Father"  I figure Bill Ayres can narrate.  Should feel natural to him, afterall, he wrote it.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

I'm waiting for the film version of "Dreams of my Father"  I figure Bill Ayres can narrate.  Should feel natural to him, afterall, he wrote it.
    Posted by skeeter20

And yet her film stank more than her .

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Why the obsession by the progressivs against conservative women? 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Wonder what 'STANKS' more... The Palin film or Obamas presidency. 

The later no doubt

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Posted by skeeter20

Why not...?  Turnabout is more than fair play...especially when the toadying likes of bobin protesteth waaayyy too much...

...the woman many on the right dismiss in one breath yet can't stop defending in another...

When conservatives and end-timers alike are proclaiming the next queen esther, "obsession" on their part is but an understatement....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

Posted by skeeter20

They're regarded as "traitors" by the leftist (and feminist) establishment because women are supposed to subscribe to their views without question. When they don't, they become a target for more extreme hostility 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County : They're regarded as "traitors" by the leftist (and feminist) establishment because women are supposed to subscribe to their views without question. When they don't, they become a target for more extreme hostility 
    Posted by lrecliner

BS.

"...as he disingenuously ignored arch-con arguments against female careerism and their constant pining for the 50's ideal suzie homemaker-supplicant...."

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

So the headline in Atlantic magazine is that a film premiered to an "empty House".
    .....and it turned out the Atlantic magazine writer arranged steathily for a showing of the film at 12:45 AM, with no advertising to the public...just so he could arrange that headline.
    ....and the libs are good with that...
    "Liberal ethics"...are an empty house... or an oxymoron.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County : BS. "...as he disingenuously ignored arch-con arguments against female careerism and their constant pining for the 50's ideal suzie homemaker-supplicant...."
    Posted by MattyScornD

Hmmm, that's a toughy, believe what I see with my own eyes, or believe in the typical shop worn pontifications that some leftist coot tells me I possess. I am not buying your BS. Sarah Palin was able to acheive without the "help" that the left thinks all women need in this hoooorrrribly oppressive society we all live in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County : Hmmm, that's a toughy, believe what I see with my own eyes, or believe in the typical shop worn pontifications that some leftist coot tells me I possess. I am not buying  your BS. Sarah Palin was able to acheive without the "help" that the left thinks all women need in this hoooorrrribly oppressive society we all live in.
    Posted by lrecliner

Right.  As you say, we should ignore the obvious societal inequalities simply because of Mrs. Palin's "achievements".

Your sarcasm is glaring...as is the cons' play here of the gender-card.

That would be like arguing minorities need no "help" because Barack Obama is the first potus of african descent.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County : Right.  As you say, we should ignore the obvious societal inequalities simply because of Mrs. Palin's "achievements". Your sarcasm is glaring...as is the cons' play here of the gender-card. That would be like arguing minorities need no "help" because Barack Obama is the first potus of african descent.
    Posted by MattyScornD

There you go again, always gotta bring in the blacks. Typical pandering. I am sure we can agree that the advancement of women has taken a much different trajectory than that of black americans. When I say women I am referring mainly to well off white females since that is what made up the leadership in the feminsist movement (and now establishment) that originated in the 1960's. These social inequities that you mention are a little easier to ignore since they don't exist as much as you would like them to. That is the issue and the root of the animous towards the likes of Palin. They don't need you anymore.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Posted by BobinVa

There was advanced advertising for this movie on Thursday, July 14th, in the LA TIMES.  Further the movie has no "advertising" budget anyway, the filmmaker is relying on social media and word of mouth to get the word out. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County : There you go again, always gotta bring in the blacks. Typical pandering. I am sure we can agree that the advancement of women has taken a much different trajectory than that of black americans. When I say women I am referring mainly to well off white females since that is what made up the leadership in the feminsist movement (and now establishment) that originated in the 1960's. These social inequities that you mention are a little easier to ignore since they don't exist as much as you would like them to. That is the issue and the root of the animous towards the likes of Palin. They don't need you anymore.
    Posted by lrecliner

Now, I'm supposed to presume which women you were referring to?

The disingenuous part is in purporting that there is a real distinction between conservative feminists and liberal feminists...except in certain matters of public policy where it shouldn't matter anyway.

Regardless, while there may be some evolutionary bridges which may never get crossed, that's no excuse for ignoring some very basic gaps in equality, and that definitely includes media of all stripes.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Oops... "beKool" and "wrong" are now officially synonyms...
    Say it aint so, bekool ! 
    Let's hear your logical coherent argument..or else give us those cute icons, maybe the two kittens ...

CNN:

The distributor of the Sarah Palin biopic "The Undefeated" is expected to announce details of a wider run after a 10-city opening over the weekend.

The film's distributor, ARC Entertainment, said the film averaged $5,000 per screen Friday and Saturday night, with sold-out screenings at several locations. ARC Entertainment said in a statement "... with the strong initial showing, the film is going to a wider release footprint later this month."

"Incredible. ... Inspiring" was how viewer Casey Cunningham described the film after the sold-out 7 p.m. showing at the AMC Barrett Commons in Kennesaw. Groups were organized via social media to support the opening, with some attendees driving from neighboring states.

The auditorium was packed with Palin enthusiasts who frequently applauded lines the former Alaska governor delivered on screen, giving the screening the feel of a political rally. Further contributing to that atmosphere was that many attendees wore buttons supporting Palin as well as an entrepreneurial moviegoer hawking anti-President Obama T-shirts.

The director, Stephen K. Bannon, a conservative auteur in the mold of Michael Moore right down to the New Balance sneakers, attended the screening and told CNN that he hopes to expand to more screens, but that decision would have to be made by theaters and the distributor after returns from the current release are counted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from brat13. Show brat13's posts

Undefeated? Love the title. Is this Cobain's "you can't fire me 'cause I quit" in action? Also..love the victimization theme here. If someone doesn't like Palin, it now means that they hate women... ok...
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Well we have been told for the last 4 years "if you don't support Obama, you are racist!".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County : Well we have been told for the last 4 years "if you don't support Obama, you are racist!".
    Posted by brat13

Who told you that..??  And you listened?

And "4 years" ago...really...?!?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County : Now, I'm supposed to presume which women you were referring to? The disingenuous part is in purporting that there is a real distinction between conservative feminists and liberal feminists...except in certain matters of public policy where it shouldn't matter anyway. Regardless, while there may be some evolutionary bridges which may never get crossed, that's no excuse for ignoring some very basic gaps in equality, and that definitely includes media of all stripes.
    Posted by MattyScornD

If you don't know who/what comprised the feminist movement and when/where it started, then not sure how you could think you could speak intelligently on it. Conservative/Liberal feminism has no distinctions and shouldn't matter anyway? Well apparently it does, which is what I was responding to in my initial post....the hypocrisy associated with supposedly promoting and protecting the well being all women in an endless march towards a rigid egalitarian nirvana of outcomes. Of course, there are apparently very strict guidliness that need to be adhered to when crossing this evolutionary bridge.

Exagerrating ones victims status, and the ad nauseum celebration of group and sub-group identity while at the same time not wanting to be treated "differently", is something that should not be ignored either, given its popularity these days.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

That said I don't give a flying f*ck about how much or how little money Sarah Palin's film makes.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow

Careful...they might call you "obsessed" for not caring a whit about her film....

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Palin Film Premiers To Empty Theater In Orange County : Lie of the year award. Congratulations. What you say gets to the actual scary part: The paraniod and delusional false victimhood complex that seems to have struck a large body of the right. Nobody has said "if you don't support Obama, you are racist!" Or can you set my teeth on edge with examples of people calling conservatives racists for disagreeing with a policy position of Obama's ?"

Ask, ya shall receive. A duly elected Congressperson, no less... 

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee, D-Texas, suggested during a House floor speech Friday that raising the debt ceiling was being held up by members of Congress because President Obama is black.

“Only this president–only this one–only this one has received the kind of attacks and disagreements and inability to work,” she said. “Only this one. Read between the lines.”

“What is different about this president that should put him in a position that he should not receive the same kind of respectful treatment of when it is necessary to raise the debt limit in order to pay our bills?” she added.

Sections
Shortcuts