1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: Palin Mangles Paul Revere

In Response to Re: Palin Mangles Paul Revere:
    [QUOTE]I suppose if Palin muffed and said Salem was the capital of Mass., jmel would be agreeing with her on this as well. The whole idea behind the revolution was not to warn the British, thus the reason behind the minutemen.  The British had fought the same way for centuries, and we were silent about our plan of attack and the way it was carried out.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]
    Jmel has his wingnut handbook in front of him..following all the plays..top of the list..? When you are losing an argument resort to name calling. Ever notice how quickly the wingers resort to this tactic..?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fafhrd. Show Fafhrd's posts

"But no, they went off and screamed Revere never told them that armed colonials waitin on their a55es, and that bells were never rung."

Nice strawman.  The entirety of her word salad was the joke.  The idea of Revere riding around Boston shooting warning shots, ringing bells and riding with the intent to send a message to the Brits was the joke.

It's simple.  Somebody says Paul Revere and his midnight ride.  You say one if by land, two if by sea, riding to warn of the coming of the Brits.  You don't make it into a bold statement of defiance to the Brits about 2nd amendment rights.  And after his ride, he was captured, and lied to the Brits, who then let him go.  That was not his ride.

Anyway she's a joke, and you look silly for defending her.  She represents the dumbing down of America, and willful ignorance.  Whatever happened to being thoughtful instead of going with your gut or what God tells you to do, that religious certainty that defies reason and logic?  Being wrong is one thing, but the doubling down and willful ignorance is the real problem.  A gotcha question, really?

Wingnuts defend her because they think the argument was that at no time were bells rung, and that Paul Revere never encountered the British AFTER his ride.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Palin Mangles Paul Revere : Coming from you? Well, at least you can joke about yourself. Some people can't, so that's a good thing.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Well, being correct about things, which I almost always am, keeps me from bumping into walls.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]http://www.episcopalcafe.com/daily/politics/vicar_confesses_sarah_palins_h.php So funny that these right-wingers jumped to Palin's defense.  She was wrong and incoherent.  You really needed to stretch her response to defend her.  Just throwing in one historical reference in her word salad response does not validate her answer. It was a proper mangling.  Pulling a few words out of her answer and then matching them to a quote from Revere's letter = you were trying too hard.  All she had to do was admit she was wrong and restate what she was referring to, which she obviously jumbled together in her excitement.
    Posted by greymouser[/QUOTE]

You think your 1 millionth claim that she was wrong will be any more truthful than your first?

Wistling past the graveyard...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Palin Mangles Paul Revere : No offense personally,.............but, if the teachers do not know the accurate, historical, and (yes) CORRECT version,.....it explains a few things.
    Posted by jmel[/QUOTE]

My neice was taught that Greenland was a continent.  She had points taken off an exam because she identified it as part of North America.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]"But no, they went off and screamed Revere never told them that armed colonials waitin on their a55es, and that bells were never rung." Nice strawman.  The entirety of her word salad was the joke.  The idea of Revere riding around Boston shooting warning shots, ringing bells and riding with the intent to send a message to the Brits was the joke. It's simple.  Somebody says Paul Revere and his midnight ride.  You say one if by land, two if by sea, riding to warn of the coming of the Brits.  You don't make it into a bold statement of defiance to the Brits about 2nd amendment rights.  And after his ride, he was captured, and lied to the Brits, who then let him go.  That was not his ride. Anyway she's a joke, and you look silly for defending her.  She represents the dumbing down of America, and willful ignorance.  Whatever happened to being thoughtful instead of going with your gut or what God tells you to do, that religious certainty that defies reason and logic?  Being wrong is one thing, but the doubling down and willful ignorance is the real problem.  A gotcha question, really? Wingnuts defend her because they think the argument was that at no time were bells rung, and that Paul Revere never encountered the British AFTER his ride.
    Posted by Fafhrd[/QUOTE]

Regardless of whether Palin was right or wrong, let's advance the story.  The real issue is that the left sees this as an absolute horror that she could get something so insiginficant wrong.  I mean, this is so much worse than claiming to have been to all 57 states.

The left has been caught caring deeply about the accuracy of something that is irrelevant.  Waste all the ammo you want. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Interestingly, just a quick look at the recent trove of emails has shown that Mrs. Palin is actually an effective writer and uses proper syntax - something many, many college grads (esp. in business) can't seem to grasp.

Why that efficiency in her writing does not translate into the same efficiency in her speech is unclear.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Again with the 57 states.  I will agree that this was a mistake that no one saw coming.  I am willing to forgive what candidates  say while debating or when months into a physically taxing campaign trail.  When I say forgive, I mean comments like 57 states or when Palin did not know who was in charge of the senate, or the names of the Generals in Iraq. The thing about this palin mistake was:  it appeared that someone had just briefed her.  She was speaking slowly and was unsure of her comments.  In other words, speaking as she does all the time.
    Posted by jackbu[/QUOTE]

"appeared" 

Always looking for that angle to get in a dig.  When wrong on the facts, argue how the facts "appeared".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Interestingly, just a quick look at the recent trove of emails has shown that Mrs. Palin is actually an effective writer and uses proper syntax - something many, many college grads (esp. in business) can't seem to grasp. Why that efficiency in her writing does not translate into the same efficiency in her speech is unclear.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

I understand it.  It is how people compensate.  I do most of my communication face to face, write little.  when I do write, it is a challenge to capture all the information I need to convey, or receive.  Maybe Palin is the opposite.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

anyone who believes that palin was right, should be sent back to the 4th grade to learn some history

and when you watch the video...you can see that even she knows she said the wrong thing and then tries to cover it up

but its ok...conservatives and history go together like conservatives and fiscal responsibility

or did they find the billions "lost" in iraq yet?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]anyone who believes that palin was right, should be sent back to the 4th grade to learn some history and when you watch the video...you can see that even she knows she said the wrong thing and then tries to cover it up but its ok...conservatives and history go together like conservatives and fiscal responsibility or did they find the billions "lost" in iraq yet?
    Posted by Jimmy42Jack0[/QUOTE]

The facts are against you on this one, jack.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]anyone who believes that palin was right, should be sent back to the 4th grade to learn some history and when you watch the video...you can see that even she knows she said the wrong thing and then tries to cover it up but its ok...conservatives and history go together like conservatives and fiscal responsibility or did they find the billions "lost" in iraq yet?

I'd say the second grade. That's the level of the Palin apologists.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

How about them Mavericks?  We on the Celtics board are STILL waiting for you to come on and offer congratulations.  But I know you won't, for, as I've said all year, you are a passive-aggressive coward who can't ever admit he's wrong.

Have a nice day, and don't come back!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]anyone who believes that palin was right, should be sent back to the 4th grade to learn some history Egads man, this is page 8! Revere told the Brits there were hundreds of armed colonials waiting for them because he had a gun to his head. No, it wasn't planned and no, it wasn't about taking guns away.  If the idiot dems so obsessed with this dunce had gone after that, they'd have been fine. Oh, and yes, bells were a-ringing.  I live on his route. I will type slow. PAUL REVERE WARNED THE BRITISH ARMY THAT THE COLONIALS WERE ARMED AND WAITING FOR THEM. - Source, Paul F'ing Revere. We all set now???
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]
    because im sure that is what she meant

and giving out information because you have a gun to your head is not a warning, its a plea for your own life...which would actually make revere a bit of a coward right?

warned? good grief...anything to support a conservative dummy huh?

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Palin Mangles Paul Revere : How about them Mavericks?  We on the Celtics board are STILL waiting for you to come on and offer congratulations.  But I know you won't, for, as I've said all year, you are a passive-aggressive coward who can't ever admit he's wrong. Have a nice day, and don't come back!!
    Posted by hedleylamarr[/QUOTE]
    i thought you were done with basketball dummy

besides...its a celtics board...who cares about the mavs there? right? right?

stick with math, since you clearly arent very good at anything else

by the way, how is pierce's golf swing these days?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Palin Mangles Paul Revere : The facts are against you on this one, jack.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]
    and it seems history and logic are against you on this one, skeeter

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Palin Mangles Paul Revere : i thought you were done with basketball dummy besides...its a celtics board...who cares about the mavs there? right? right? stick with math, since you clearly arent very good at anything else by the way, how is pierce's golf swing these days?

Not done with basketball, just blogging, coward.

It IS a Celtics board, as I've told you all year, so who cares about the HEAT???  Only you, and your obnoxious bragging.

Clearly, while I may be good at math, politics isn't your bag either.

Pierce's handicap is about one better than LeBron James, the King of Nothing, who flamed out in the playoffs, and is a bigger quitter than bandwagon fans like you.

You are a coward, come on back to the Celtics board and see how much everyone missed you!!