Panetta said "Obama was absent during beghazi and never even checked in" WOW

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Panetta said "Obama was absent during beghazi and never even checked in" WOW

Panetta said, though he did meet with Obama at a 5 o'clock prescheduled gathering, the president left operational details, including knowledge of what resources were available to help the Americans under siege, "up to us."

In fact, Panetta says that the night of 9/11, he did not communicate with a single person at the White House. The attack resulted in the deaths of four Americans, including Ambassador Chris Stevens.

Obama did not call or communicate in anyway with the defense secretary that night. There were no calls about what was going on in Benghazi. He never called to check-in.

The 5 o'clock meeting was a pre-scheduled 30-minute session, where, according to Panetta's recollection, they spent about 20 minutes talking a lot about the American embassy that was surrounded in Egypt and the situation that was just unfolding in Benghazi.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Panetta said

In response to NO MO O's comment:

We all know Barry has a drinking problem.

So Obama was NEVER presented with the option of saving American lives over a 9 hour period?

The medias interpretation will determine if people know or care.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

He said nothing of the sort.  He noted that operational details regarding the response were given to him and his staff and they conducted the response to the best of their abilities.  The president isn't suited for that sort of task so what value does he bring to the table aside from asking for constant updates, which he could recieve from other members of the staff dealing directly with coordinating the response. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

To make decisions like whether to drop the atomic bomb.

Also, to make decisions like whether or not to violate another countries airspace in order to rescue Americans under siege. That has to come from the President. But you knew that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

This dead horse is certainly taking a beating.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Perfect, put your fingers in your ears and say "na, na, na, na, na" over and over again until it goes away.

Now we know why there are no pictures of Obama in the situation room the night of 9/11/12 looking presidential.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

Perfect, put your fingers in your ears and say "na, na, na, na, na" over and over again until it goes away.

I know perfectly well what happened.

It's just not as important as you think it is.

Way to pretend you actually care about the lives lost, though.  Someone might believe you....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Look I know you want everyone to cater tO, protect and insulate Obama from his mistakes like you do but, my loyalty is not to a man but, to the USA.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Look I know you want everyone to cater tO, protect and insulate Obama from his mistakes like you do but, my loyalty is not to a man but, to the USA.

I didn't say it wasn't a mistake, and I'm not sheltering anyone.

The situation was very unfortunate...a tragedy even.  The world is a dangerous place where sometimes Americans get killed.

But the political scandal pushed by you and others is misplaced, outsized and disrespectful to the memories of the fallen.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Angry wingnuts. Not invited to the party. Waaaaaaa

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

in his defense, didn't he have an important meeting with Jayz to go to?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I know perfectly well what happened. It's just not as important as you think it is. Way to pretend you actually care about the lives lost, though.  Someone might believe you....

No, you really don't know what really happened. None of us do. There was an intentional decision to engage in a cover-up and we can only speculate on the reasons for that. The implications of this are potentially enormous.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to bald-predictions' comment:

in his defense, didn't he have an important meeting with Jayz to go to?

That, and he had to shoot some hoops.  With items like that on his agenda, why wouldn't he just leave a yellow stickie for Panetta telling him to handle it?  Priorities, man.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

I can accept all the reasons for this not going well and a cluster F.  But I find this story to be the most disturbing.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I know perfectly well what happened. It's just not as important as you think it is. Way to pretend you actually care about the lives lost, though.  Someone might believe you....

No, you really don't know what really happened. None of us do. There was an intentional decision to engage in a cover-up and we can only speculate on the reasons for that. The implications of this are potentially enormous.

I know as much as I need to at this point.

This was not the first nor last snafu in the war on terror arena, and this is not even close to the hysterical superlatives bandied about in the right-wing, obama-hating echo chamber.

And unfortunately, you and others have debased it to just another political witch hunt, and that's just pitiful.

A little perspective is in order.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

This was not the first nor last snafu in the war on terror arena, and this is not even close to the hysterical superlatives bandied about in the right-wing, obama-hating echo chamber.

And unfortunately, you and others have debased it to just another political witch hunt, and that's just pitiful.

You could careless that Obama was disengaged while our citizens were under attack for 12 hours and 4 died?

This is not Bush and you cant just say "reps did worse" to excuse every thing bad this administration does!

You are a coward in you inability to be critical of your party!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Can you blow any harder? 

Honestly....these conservatives... 

Yea no reason for the CIC to care when our people are being attacked and killed for 12 hours!!

You act like a fool who puts party over whats right and wrong for the country!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfilio. Show portfilio's posts

There were far more attacks on US embassies under Bush but nobody cared or try to make political hay out of it:

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/09/14/krauthammer-whitewashes-bushs-history-to-bash-o/189890

http://www.bartcop.com/hillary-embassy-funding_n.jpg

And who cut the funding for embassy security?  It was Republicans:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/10/jason-chaffetz-embassy_n_1954912.html

But, as always,  BLAME OBAMA!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/02/07/obama-was-absent-during-benghazi-attack-shocking-truths-emerge-at-second-senate-libya-hearing/

“Did you have any further communications with him that night?” Ayotte asked Panetta.

“No,” said Panetta.

“Did you have any other further communications? Did he ever call you that night to say how are things going, what’s going on, where’s the consulate?” asked Ayotte.

“No,” said Panetta. “But we were aware as we were getting information about what was taking place there, particularly when we got information that the ambassador, his life had been lost, we were aware that that information went to the White House.”

“Did you communicate with anyone else at the White House that night?” asked Ayotte.

“No,” said Panetta.

“No one else called you to say: How are things going?” asked Ayotte.

“No,” said Panetta.

Barely twenty minutes later, under questioning from South Carolina Senator Lindsey Graham, General Dempsey and Defense Secretary Panetta admitted that military assets had not been used at all in the attack. Why?

“Was any DoD asset–aircraft or individual soldier–ever sent or put in motion to help these people before the attack was over?” asked Republican senator Lindsey Graham. “My question is did anybody leave any base anywhere to go to the aid of the people under attack in Benghazi, Libya, before the attack ended?”

“No,” Panetta responded. “Because the attack ended before they could get off the ground.”

“Okay, and we didn’t know how long it would last,” Graham added.

Ten minutes later, Dempsey admitted to being shocked that Secretary of State Hillary Clinton hadn’t known about the diplomatic cable from Ambassador Chris Stevens pleading for help prior to the attacks, once more under questioning from Graham:

And speaking of Clinton, after another 30 minutes, another bombshell emerged: Secretary of Clinton hadn’t corresponded with the military or Department of Defense at all about the Benghazi attacks. In fact, neither Dempsey nor Panetta had any conversations with Clinton.

Republican Ted Cruz asked both Leon Panetta and Martin Dempsey, “In between 9:42 p.m., Benghazi time, when the first attacks started, and 5:15 am, when Mr. Doherty and Mr. Woods lost their lives, what converations did either of you have with Secretary Clinton?”

“We did not have any conversations with Secretary Clinton,” Panetta responded.

“And General Dempsey, the same is true for you?” Cruz asked. Dempsey confirmed this.

Given these revelations, one wonders in what possible context the previously photographed meeting between President Obama and his advisers on national security could have taken place. Or, if that meeting did concern Benghazi, why the President showed such little interest in responding to the crisis in real time.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

You could careless that Obama was disengaged while our citizens were under attack for 12 hours and 4 died?

This is not Bush and you cant just say "reps did worse" to excuse every thing bad this administration does!

You are a coward in you inability to be critical of your party!!

I could care less, but I don't.

I never said 'reps did worse'.  You did.

'Coward', eh...?   A little much for such a third-rate "scandal".  It would be an insult...if anyone took you at all seriously.