Notice: All Boston.com forums will be retired as of May 31st, 2016 and will not be archived. Thank you for your participation in this community, and we hope you continue to enjoy other content at Boston.com.

Paul Ryan can't explain his tax plan to you because the math is too complicated and there's not enough time to go through it all.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

But trust him.... just ignore that last financial debacle that happened under the wingnut leadership....they are born again fiscal hawks.

Now stop laughing, that's not polite.

They're serious...they really mean it this time.

Have some faith.

Paul Ryan: ‘It would take me too long’ to explain the math on tax plan

But GOP’s veep candidate insists to "Fox News Sunday" tax cuts are ‘revenue neutral’

GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan declined Sunday to give specifics of the campaign’s tax plan, saying “it would take me too long.”

The Democrats have repeatedly hammered Ryan and Mitt Romney for failing to detail how they would finance a promised 20% tax cut.

On “Fox News Sunday,” host Chris Wallace pressed Ryan to do the arithmetic, noting that President Obama says it would cost $5 trillion over a decade.

Ryan said that figure was off-base but refused to offer one of his own.

“I don’t have time,” the Wisconsin congressman said. “It would take me too long to go through all the math.”

He insisted the tax plan was “revenue neutral” because eliminating loopholes and deductions would make up for the lost tax revenue — but he did not specify which ones are on the chopping block.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/paul-ryan-long-explain-math-tax-plan-article-1.1171433#ixzz27zKFpch5

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

tflea seems to think that regurgitating ignorance will somehow change the absurdity of his position.

Nice to see the childish rants of ideological idiots is the 'go to' argument for the wingnuts.

Well done.

Sorry spanky, no phone for you.

It's way too complicated piece of equipment for morons.

Just keep letting mommy dial the phone for you, it's worked well so far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Repeated

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:

I want an obama phone! 

Acknowledgment after acknowledgment.  Look over there, not over here.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Well, you know how it is. BDC cnservatives can get so excitable when they think they've come up with something clever.

The party of bumper sticker politics strikes again!

Simple slogans for oh-so simple minds.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 12-Angry-Men. Show 12-Angry-Men's posts

Wasn't there whacko wingnut convulsions over a comment that was eerily similar?

Something about "We have to pass it to see what's in it."

Didn't the whacko wingnuts have a meltdown over that?

Hmmmm, I wonder where are all those wingnuts are now?

Where's all the whacko wingnut outrage over the lack of specifics to a simple question?

That's okay, I found 'em...they're busy making pathetic excuse for their pathetic candidates.

Ya, I know, the whacko wingnut double standard rule applies. Silly me.

Why would anyone expect anything less from a party that keeps it's spine in a petri dish on it's bedside table....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It's really bad when FOX is asking questions that the Republcan candidates don't want to answer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

It's really bad when FOX is asking questions that the Republcan candidates don't want to answer.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Well, make the time. Romney/Ryan have a month left to tell us why we should vote for them. Up till now they have run a campaign so devoid of details and specifics, that many folks have absolutely no clue where they stand on many issues. As for the debates, the Romney team is already telling us to lower our expections of their candidate. Pretty reassuring.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to polar123's comment:

Well, make the time. Romney/Ryan have a month left to tell us why we should vote for them. Up till now they have run a campaign so devoid of details and specifics, that many folks have absolutely no clue where they stand on many issues. As for the debates, the Romney team is already telling us to lower our expections of their candidate. Pretty reassuring.

Yeah ok.

Watch the debate Wednesday night and see how well armed the empty chair is without the ability of blaming George Bush for the past 4 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

GOP vice presidential candidate Paul Ryan declined Sunday to give specifics of the campaign’s tax plan, saying “it would take me too long.”

My my, a candidate that doesn't want to talk in soundbites. That's just terrible.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

My my, a candidate that doesn't want to talk in soundbites. That's just terrible.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink2. Show WhichOnesPink2's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Yes. Let's try to distrct everyone by talking about phones.

Amazing you can be distracted by that. Explains a lot actually.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

They have drugs for that you know.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

They have drugs for that you know.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

I got me a Romney-Phone.  Here's how you get one:

Go to a store. 

Pick out a phone.

Pay for it yourself.

Pay the monthly phone bill evey month, yourself.

The Romney-phone.  Trusting you with your own life's decisions.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

But he wont talk at all about it.  No details for his "plan".  That is no plan at all.  That doesn't trouble you?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

But he wont talk at all about it.  No details for his "plan".  That is no plan at all.  That doesn't trouble you?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

His plan is simple.  Stop taxing peopl and spend less.

He even does it on a gradual basis, something I do not endorse. I'm in the rip the bandaid off school of thought.

Afterall, we don't even collect enough taxes to fund the debt and pay for entitlements.  How does spending more, creating more entitlements solve that problem?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

He even does it on a gradual basis, something I do not endorse. I'm in the rip the bandaid off school of thought.

Afterall, we don't even collect enough taxes to fund the debt and pay for entitlements.  How does spending more, creating more entitlements solve that problem?

No it is simple only for the simpleminded.  He proposes tax cuts and is vague about how he will make up for the loss of revenue except to say "trust me" in terms of closing loop holes and other adjustments.  That is not a plan at all.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

No it is simple only for the simpleminded.  He proposes tax cuts and is vague about how he will make up for the loss of revenue except to say "trust me" in terms of closing loop holes and other adjustments.  That is not a plan at all.

Sections
Shortcuts