Paul Ryan said yesterday on Face the Nation that the US doesn't have a debt crisis .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Paul Ryan said yesterday on Face the Nation that the US doesn't have a debt crisis .

Did he misspeak yesterday or has he misspoken for the last few years ?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Paul Ryan said yesterday on Face the Nation that the US doesn't have a debt crisis .

A possible course correction?  Speaker Boehner was out with the same message over the weekend.  And ABC and Murdoch&Ailes are giving it a platform.  (The president's propaganda machine?)  Perhaps the loyal opposition's leadership has some new economic news?

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/03/17/boehner-ryan-us-has-no-imminent-debt-crisis-but-argue-issue-must-be-fixed-now/

The loyal opposition here might want to stay close to the ground, or at least keep their ear to the rail.  Remember what Tip O'Neill used to say about President Reagan: "Did he just do a 360?"  Hard to see how Speaker Boehner can hold this new position. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Re: Paul Ryan said yesterday on Face the Nation that the US doesn't have a debt crisis .

Or perhaps a more apt quote would be Mr. Romney's, when the economy ticked up briefly during the campaign: "All recessions end."  Trying not to sound just silly.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"To borrow a phrase from my friend Erskine Bowles, we are the healthiest-looking horse in the glue factory. That means America is still a step ahead of the European nations who are confronting a debt crisis, of Japan, that's in its second lost decade. It's probably because of our resilient economy, because of our world currency status," Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said on "Face the Nation" today.

"So we do not have a debt crisis right now. But, we see it coming. We know it's irrefutably happening. And the point we're trying to make with our budget is, let's get ahead of this problem," he said.

It is because the Obama Administration endless reckless spending hasnt had quite enough time to ruin us. 

Yeah, we didnt think we had a mortgage crisis meltdown, until it happened.  $17 trillion in debt and rising is a ticking time bomb, but the liberals dont care, they want to quickly give away more free stuff.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"To borrow a phrase from my friend Erskine Bowles, we are the healthiest-looking horse in the glue factory. That means America is still a step ahead of the European nations who are confronting a debt crisis, of Japan, that's in its second lost decade. It's probably because of our resilient economy, because of our world currency status," Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) said on "Face the Nation" today.

"So we do not have a debt crisis right now. But, we see it coming. We know it's irrefutably happening. And the point we're trying to make with our budget is, let's get ahead of this problem," he said.

It is because the Obama Administration endless reckless spending hasnt had quite enough time to ruin us. 

Yeah, we didnt think we had a mortgage crisis meltdown, until it happened.  $17 trillion in debt and rising is a ticking time bomb, but the liberals dont care, they want to quickly give away more free stuff.

the healthiest looking horse in the glue factory is the right analogy.   It is the only thing that has kept the Trifflin dilemma from spilling into our lives, that everyone is hurting, us the least.

It still doesn't make debt not a problem.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

So, my comments on the weak links in the two prevalent liberal arguments deserves to be removed?

In brief:  Liberals, like Krugman, insist the debt is not a problem because future generations will simply re-finance the debt handed to them, despite the increasing debt, which will crowd out the availability of money for things like, food.  So, at some point, it will no longer be a "no problem" option to refinance the debt, and it will stop.

The second argument is that the U.S. is the reserve currency for the world, so it is the most secure place to put your money, that is, until it is not the most secure place to put your money.  That day is coming.  It is one of the drivers behind growing countries (like India)buying up gold.  It is a better defacto reserve currency for their purposes.

The bottom line is that the left is playing chicken with our future.  And, when it ends, it will end abrubtly, to the shock and surprise of the left, primarily.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter I wouldn't have your comments deleted ......... I will go toe to toe with you but I believe everyone has the right to be heard .

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

skeeter I wouldn't have your comments deleted ......... I will go toe to toe with you but I believe everyone has the right to be heard .

Sis, you are a warrior for your side. That's a good attitude.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

(Y) I feel the same way toward you skeeter ...... I know you are a scrapper and a True Blue American and I look forward to reading your comments .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter btw ..... I can't wait to kick your b-tt again in our next debate ...... ;)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

skeeter btw ..... I can't wait to kick your b-tt again in our next debate ...... ;)

I am sure that (you think) you will!

well, I'm off to do the evil work of capitalism for a while. Ltr.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

The debt being put upon us by our own government is economic slavery.  That's the bottom line.