Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"

If a Republican said that would the media be a little bit more fired up about a comment like that? According to Mika Brzezinski this morning on Morning Joe the veep wasnt playing the race card and get this, there is no double standard. Yeah OK.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"

How is that playing the race card? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"": [QUOTE]How is that playing the race card?  Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE] You're joking.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

It may have been potrayed as insensitive to the struggle black people had to endure if, it was a republican!

Biden is a liability to the ticket if, you ask me. It's not a matter of if; it's a matter of when and how bad he'll screw up.

His comment was not racist in my opinion but, definitely a devisive comment when this country is too divided already!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"": [QUOTE]It may have been potrayed as insensitive to the struggle black people had to endure if, it was a republican! Biden is a liability to the ticket if, you ask me. It's not a matter of if; it's a matter of when and how bad he'll screw up. His comment was not racist in my opinion but, definitely a devisive comment when this country is too divided already!! Posted by tvoter[/QUOTE] It wasn't racist, he was playing the race card. He was saying to an audience that was approximately half black Mitt Romney and the GOP will put you back in chains.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : You're idiots. Complete idiots. Crying about "divisive" comments while simultaneously complaining out the other side of your @ss that Obama is the "worst President ever", trying to destroy America, is a kenyan muslim terrorist. etc etc etc. But only the D is divisive. F**k off until you can gather at least a few shreds of honor to yourself. Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE] Show me an ad where Romney days the president is a Muslim, show me an ad where Romney supporters say the president is responsible for a woman dying of cancer, show me a clip of Paul Ryan saying to an audience with a large group of blacks saying "they're gonna put ya'll back in chains". Donald Trump isn't on the ticket nor does he work for the campaign. keep pretending there is no double standard because it suits your needs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cookie-rojas. Show cookie-rojas's posts

In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!":
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : You're idiots. Complete idiots. Crying about "divisive" comments while simultaneously complaining out the other side of your @ss that Obama is the "worst President ever", trying to destroy America, is a kenyan muslim terrorist. etc etc etc. But only the D is divisive. F**k off until you can gather at least a few shreds of honor to yourself.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Look in the mirror idiot to see the real divisive shill on these boards.

You would no sooner jump to attack mode if a member of the GOP had said something even remotely close to what Uncle Joe said, hypocrit much?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!":
    [QUOTE]It may have been potrayed as insensitive to the struggle black people had to endure if, it was a republican! Biden is a liability to the ticket if, you ask me. It's not a matter of if; it's a matter of when and how bad he'll screw up. His comment was not racist in my opinion but, definitely a devisive comment when this country is too divided already!!
    Posted by tvoter[/QUOTE]

I am slowly becoming convinced that Biden is not a liability, but a well planted manchurian candidate within the Obama administration!  It is hard to believe he would say these things willingly.  He is obviously under the direct control of Dick Cheney.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : Look in the mirror idiot to see the real divisive shill on these boards. You would no sooner jump to attack mode if a member of the GOP had said something even remotely close to what Uncle Joe said, hypocrit much?
    Posted by cookie-rojas[/QUOTE]

I don't see whatdoyouwhatnow's comments as being devisive.  I think your comments are much more devisive.

And why would describing the world in a truthful and realistic way be considered devisive?  Are we not supposed to say the rich are getting richer and the poor are getting poorer when it's the truth?  Or say that a Romney-Ryan presidency will give huge tax breaks to the rich, increase military spending and balance the budge on the backs of the poor and middle class when it's the truth?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : You were included in my statement. If you think pretending not to remember the last 4 years counts as an "argument", then God help you. Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE] You and your hypocrisy were targeted in my response. Again, Donald Trump and any fringe birthers are not on the ticket but that gives Joe Biden and the Obama campaign the right to play the race card anyway and the media the right to excuse it and just glance right over it. The difference is the media didn't just glance over the birther stuff the way they are with "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains" Joe Biden. Keep denying the double standard, that's a qualification to be a democrat.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : Stop running away from what Damian posted in the other thread on this sandy crotch non-issue. Look to your own party for the "race card" (and the "race card" card...  which describes your hysterics here) ___________________________________________________________________ Hahaha.  The idea that Biden used coded racial hate speech is ludicrous.  Even more so because the GOP knows exactly how to do it and have no problem with it.  I eagerly await their condemnation of the following from their own ranks: Allen West comparing the Democrats to a “21st-century plantation.” He added, “So I’m here as the modern-day Harriet Tubman, to kind of lead people on the Underground Railroad, away from that plantation into a sense of sensibility.”  And West for the follow up slam dunk “The Democratic appetite for ever-increasing redistributionary handouts is in fact the most insidious form of slavery remaining in the world today,” West said. First rate scaremongering!  Sen Rand Paul - "With regard to the idea of whether you have a right to health care, you have realize what that implies. It's not an abstraction. I’m a physician. That means you have a right to come to my house and conscript me. It means you believe in slavery." Rand Paul who thinks anything the government does is akin to slavery reminding us that, yes, health care is slavery.  Cue up Rick Santorum former candidate for President! "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money." Give him credit for cutting to the chase and avoiding "code words"  Cutting government aid means getting black people off the welfare! Lets double down on Slick Rick "The question is — and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer — is that human life a person under the Constitution? And Barack Obama says no. Well if that person — human life is not a person, then — I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, 'We're going to decide who are people and who are not people.'"  Wha..wha whaaaaaaa?  How dare that uppitty NEGRO have an opinion on this issue that is contrary to mine!  Why he would have been barely 3/5's of a person not too long ago! Newt Gingrich...COME ON DOWN!  And show us some real dog whistling! "It would be great if inner city schools and poor neighborhood schools actually hired the children to do things. ... What if they cleaned out the bathrooms, and what if they mopped the floors? They had money on their own, they didn't have to become a p!mp or a prostitute or a drug dealer." Thats right Newt.  Poor minority kids should clean the school bathrooms versus going to school and that way they won't grow up to be a p!mp or prostitute.  Because that is what black people do.  All the time.  Who is up next on this GOP hate train?  Michelle Bachmann, get yo pretty self on down here and tell us what you think about nig...um...the blacks! Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President - A declaration Michelle signed WHILE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT IN THE 2012!  (2012!) And the above is just from a few high profile folks - elected politicians at that.  I completely ignored the cesspool of right wing websites, talk radio hosts, and fringe pundits who are all currently driving the theme that Obama intends to enslave americans, that Obamacare is a form of slavery, etc.  No GOPers, Biden wasn't using code words, or the actual words, like your people do.  He was alluding to the metephor of being shackled with debt a metaphor the GOP has used countless times in public discourse.  So go crawl back into your holes, under your rocks, and back into the scummy ponds you came from.  There is as JoeBiden would say, "literally" nothing to see here. 

"he idea that Biden used coded racial hate speech is ludicrous. "

You are right.  It was completely uncoded racial hate speech.

And it was a direct accusation that all republicans are racists.

See the progressives run from their little social experiment in the White House.

Next?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : Stop running away from what Damian posted in the other thread on this sandy crotch non-issue. Look to your own party for the "race card" (and the "race card" card...  which describes your hysterics here) ___________________________________________________________________ Hahaha.  The idea that Biden used coded racial hate speech is ludicrous.  Even more so because the GOP knows exactly how to do it and have no problem with it.  I eagerly await their condemnation of the following from their own ranks: Allen West comparing the Democrats to a “21st-century plantation.” He added, “So I’m here as the modern-day Harriet Tubman, to kind of lead people on the Underground Railroad, away from that plantation into a sense of sensibility.”  And West for the follow up slam dunk “The Democratic appetite for ever-increasing redistributionary handouts is in fact the most insidious form of slavery remaining in the world today,” West said. First rate scaremongering!  Sen Rand Paul - "With regard to the idea of whether you have a right to health care, you have realize what that implies. It's not an abstraction. I’m a physician. That means you have a right to come to my house and conscript me. It means you believe in slavery." Rand Paul who thinks anything the government does is akin to slavery reminding us that, yes, health care is slavery.  Cue up Rick Santorum former candidate for President! "I don't want to make black people's lives better by giving them somebody else's money; I want to give them the opportunity to go out and earn the money." Give him credit for cutting to the chase and avoiding "code words"  Cutting government aid means getting black people off the welfare! Lets double down on Slick Rick "The question is — and this is what Barack Obama didn't want to answer — is that human life a person under the Constitution? And Barack Obama says no. Well if that person — human life is not a person, then — I find it almost remarkable for a black man to say, 'We're going to decide who are people and who are not people.'"  Wha..wha whaaaaaaa?  How dare that uppitty NEGRO have an opinion on this issue that is contrary to mine!  Why he would have been barely 3/5's of a person not too long ago! Newt Gingrich...COME ON DOWN!  And show us some real dog whistling! "It would be great if inner city schools and poor neighborhood schools actually hired the children to do things. ... What if they cleaned out the bathrooms, and what if they mopped the floors? They had money on their own, they didn't have to become a p!mp or a prostitute or a drug dealer." Thats right Newt.  Poor minority kids should clean the school bathrooms versus going to school and that way they won't grow up to be a p!mp or prostitute.  Because that is what black people do.  All the time.  Who is up next on this GOP hate train?  Michelle Bachmann, get yo pretty self on down here and tell us what you think about nig...um...the blacks! Slavery had a disastrous impact on African-American families, yet sadly a child born into slavery in 1860 was more likely to be raised by his mother and father in a two-parent household than was an African-American baby born after the election of the USA’s first African-American President - A declaration Michelle signed WHILE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT IN THE 2012!  (2012!) And the above is just from a few high profile folks - elected politicians at that.  Igo completely ignored the cesspool of right wing websites, talk radio hosts, and fringe pundits who are all currently driving the theme that Obama intends to enslave americans, that Obamacare is a form of slavery, etc.  No GOPers, Biden wasn't using code words, or the actual words, like your people do.  He was alluding to the metephor of being shackled with debt a metaphor the GOP has used countless times in public discourse.  So go crawl back into your holes, under your rocks, and back into the scummy ponds you came from.  There is as JoeBiden would say, "literally" nothing to see here.  Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE] Show me the Paul Ryan clip of him using shackles or chains in a speech in front of a large black audience, I'm waiting. keep pretending that Gingrich, Santorum, rand Paul and Allen west get the same media treatment as Joe Biden and the dems, you have a great imagination

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"": [QUOTE]LOL. Why are you trying to move the goal posts? Why is the only thing that matter whether Paul Ryan said the same thing? Oh right: You're a hypocrite. You want to panic about Democrats and the "race card", while grasping onto the most pathetic excuse possible for not considering all the Republicans who used exactly the same language. Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE] So the media reaction towards one side being different is irrelevant, stop trying to ignore that because that us the issue. A double standard exists no matter how much you try to ignore it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : See, harpua. That was an actual race card. Calling someone a racist and/or saying they did something because they hate a minority. That's what the "race card" actually is. Ordinarily I would interpret it as a tongue-in-cheek remark, but, this is Alley talking. Not some reference to "chains," or as the Republicans prefer, outright references to "slavery". Which is what we call hyperbolic metaphor. By the way I'm still interested in hearing from Harpua why the fact that Paul Ryan is alive immunizes all other Republicans from references to slavery, but somehow fails to protect Biden. It's a very strange position to take if we're talking about politicians using the race card. Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE] Again you ignore the media double standard which is central to your whole argument and your candidate winning. Have a nice day junior.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Biden's comment was aimed at everyone in the middle class.  Romney/Ryan will put a huge burden (chains) on everyone in the middle class. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

In response to "Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!"": [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : LOL. Your ideology has you assuming far too much. My candidate? I don't like really like Obama much. All I care about this election is Republicans not getting full control of congress. "media double-standard"? First, these threads are about how Biden is supposedly playing the "race card" but Republicans saying ten times worse aren't. So there's your own double-standard. I just have to wonder why you want to protect hypocrites with lies.... And as was noted in the other thread in which you wet yourself, google news notes 700 instances of the media talking about this remark. So much for the non-existent media double-standard that has caused at least ten different stains on your pants today. You've already put Francis to shame, but go on. Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE] Yeah we get it whatdoyouwantnow, you feel there is no media double standard due to the mere mention of a story. The New York Times, The Washington Post, CBS News, ABC News, NBC News, CNN and MSNBC would have reacted the EXACT same way had a GOP politician said "they gonna put ya'll back in chains" in a phony southern twang to an audience with a lot of black people. If VP Cheney or Sarah Palin had said that the media sources mentioned above would treat it the same way they are treating Biden today. OK.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

It was a stupid thing to say.  Biden speaking off the cuff is always an adventure.   And not always a good one.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Sounds about right to me...

Of course, there are more eloquent ways of expressing what VP Biden was trying to say...

...but then, that wouldn't be Biden, who wears his heart on his sleeve 

(as opposed to Cheney, who kept his in a bunker below the earth surface...like the detainees he had tortured...)

A lot of conservatives think that the last 50 years more than makes up for centuries of slavery, and therefore anything even referencing assistance for minorities as a group is shot down out-of-hand.

A lot of southerners out there who think jim crow was just fine and poll taxes should be the norm.

A lot of people who decry minorities moving into their towns and disrupting their little white gated utopias.

A lot of people are attaching unfounded moral outrage to simple drug crimes and thereby institutionalizing hundreds of thousands of black men for buying and selling the same goods (often to spoiled suburban brats and super-spoiled execs) that pharmaceutical reps get paid so handsomely to sell.

Rank hyperbole on Joe's part?  Sure.  But I'll bet that he connected with that crowd in a way that Mr. Romney can't even try to do.  Simply having faith isn't the same as having soul.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]LOL. Why are you trying to move the goal posts? Why is the only thing that matter whether Paul Ryan said the same thing? Oh right: You're a hypocrite. You want to panic about Democrats and the "race card", while grasping onto the most pathetic excuse possible for not considering all the Republicans who used exactly the same language.

We are waiting for your posts showing the republicans use the same language.  Waiting, but we won't hold our breath, because you are shooting blanks.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Harpua710. Show Harpua710's posts

Chris Matthews in full panic mode as he knows the use of the race card could lead to a backlash among white voters. Bill Clinton had it used on him by Obama and Axelrod in 2008, Americans may be getting tired of it. "They gonna put ya'll back in chains"

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Playing the race card: "They're gonna put ya'll back in chains!" : Explain your screen name..."NO MO O". Why did you chose it? I'm not saying it's racist. I just want to know why you used "Mo" as opposed to "more". I'm sure there's a reasonable reason. What is it?
    Posted by jedwardnicky[/QUOTE]

He used to have the moniker Obammy.  It's what he does.

Sections
Shortcuts