Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names

Yet Bill Maher can call Sarah Palin a "dumb Twa t"  and nary a peep from the now-outraged phony "women's groups"....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names

Maybe they just find Maher more attractive than the girthsome El Rushbo, and give him the benefit of the doubt. 

Maher acknowledges he is a comedian.

Rush rejects the connotation.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

Remember...

Libs/Progs disparage women = A-Ok

Conservatives disparage women = horrific, sky is falling, end of the world

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names:
    [QUOTE]Maybe they just find Maher more attractive than the girthsome El Rushbo, and give him the benefit of the doubt.  Maher acknowledges he is a comedian. Rush rejects the connotation.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

Ah...the old "it's ok to call a woman a tw*t because he's a comedian" defense....classic!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : Ah...the old "it's ok to call a woman a tw*t because he's a comedian" defense....classic!
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

Why not?  She is a tw*t.  I've heard worse from Lisa Lampanelli or even Joan Rivers.  Again, comedians.  When Rush and his audience admit he's a comedian, I'll recant.

But context and intentions are important, too.  Bill Maher may indeed be a misogynist; Rush may be one, too.  But Maher isn't in favor of misogynistic legislation limiting contraception for women; Rush not only favors it, but wants to shame women in proving that he's right.

Either way, they're both d*cks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]Remember... Libs/Progs disparage women = A-Ok Conservatives disparage women = horrific, sky is falling, end of the world

I don't see proof of either of those sentiments.

Sure you didn't just imagine them..??

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : Comedians say all sorts of highly offensive things for laughs, no?
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

Limbaugh and Maher are both entertainers. Therefore it's either ok or it's no ok for BOTH. Can't have it both ways depending on who's saying it. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : Why not?  She is a tw*t.  I've heard worse from Lisa Lampanelli or even Joan Rivers.  Again, comedians.  When Rush and his audience admit he's a comedian, I'll recant. But context and intentions are important, too.  Bill Maher may indeed be a misogynist; Rush may be one, too.  But Maher isn't in favor of misogynistic legislation limiting contraception for women; Rush not only favors it, but wants to shame women in proving that he's right. Either way, they're both d*cks.

Haha...he is an entertainer...he's a radio host. I don't care what he calls himself or what his fans supposedly call him. Radio hosts are entertainers. 

And I agree they're both dicks. Although I did enjoy Religulous. There isn't anything I like about Rush. He's actually a tw*t

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : Haha...he is an entertainer...he's a radio host. I don't care what he calls himself or what his fans supposedly call him. Radio hosts are entertainers. 

I suppose...

So, does that mean Beck and Hannity and O'Reilly are entertainers, too...?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I have to agree that although Bill Maher is not wrong in his assessment, he is wrong to say it out loud.

But, let's expand on this for a moment. The title of the thread is "Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names."

Do you mean to say it is okay for them to use nasty names when referring to a man?

And if that's okay , then the use of nasty names with women should be allowed also.

Women always scream to have equal rights. But somehow we often find a dividing line which seems to make one sex more equal when it comes to having it's rights.

If "dope" is a nasty name, then I am guilty of using this when referring to men and women on lots of occassions. Hell, I even do dopey things myself from time to time. The term does not offend me. However, I can see where a women would not want to be called a tw*t. I like the term "dope" but I have to draw the line when someone refers to me as an "upstart."

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : I suppose... So, does that mean Beck and Hannity and O'Reilly are entertainers, too...?

Yes...and a-holes too

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : Unless I take issue with putting comedian under "entertainer" and then going with entertainer as the category. All sorts of entertainers would get reamed out for saying something like that: Oprah, Olberman, BB King, Tom Brady, O'Reilly, Glenn Beck, who have you. They all fit under the umbrella "entertainer"... Comedians generally get their own little niche. They really do do a lot of shock humor and/or simply use highly offensive language. We tend to give them a pass. I think the only reason you're going the way you are on this one is that Maher, while a comedian, explicitly aims for direct political commentary as well. Most other comedians are not as political, in general. They have more material that doesn't involve politics, that is.

If Maher was just a stand up comic then I would agree he'd fall into that niche that comedians are in. But's he's more than a comedian. He has a politically motivated show where they discuss all the big political issues/stories of that day/week. He's on all the political shows giving his opinions on the issues. And yes, he throws humor in there but mostly to poke fun. It's sprinkled in with his opinions. Much different than what stand up comics do in their bits.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Limbaugh panders to his audience like the whole republican tragedy happening now.
    Pathetic and low rent.

No respect for the girl, just high school slander and foolishness.

sad for the GOP. And yet they think they can beat Obama with this tactic. Good and smart thinking.

That's called sarcasm; for you wingnuts

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : Limbaugh is not in support of legislation that limits contraceptives for women. He's for having them pay for it themsleves, that's the whole point. .
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

In many places, the expense (bc pills are not cheap) is itself a barrier to access...

...just as being uninsured is often a barrier to accessing (quality) healthcare.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]When Rush and his audience admit he's a comedian, I'll recant. ------------------------------ I appreciate your recant. The guy does SKITS on the radio in between commentary.  Sound familiar??? Duh!
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Please.  If he's playing for laughs, then it's mostly unintentional.

Rush is an entertainer.  Except when he isn't.

Right?

And he's not the de facto voice of the gop.  Except when he is.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : Please.  If he's playing for laughs, then it's mostly unintentional. Rush is an entertainer.  Except when he isn't. Right? And he's not the de facto voice of the gop.  Except when he is.

The Left seems to be the only one saying he's the voice of the GOP and not an entertainer. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Political comedian/commentators shouldn't call women nasty names : Oh come on. If Stewart said something similar he'd get slammed, political entertainer though he may be.

BULL

Sections
Shortcuts