Politician, talking tough.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Politician, talking tough.....

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2014/01

/29/michael_grimm_ny1_video_gop_congressman_

allegedly_threatened_to_toss_a_repoter.html

As you can see in the clip above, that'll apparently be news to Rep. Michael Grimm, a New York Republican facing an investigation into possible campaign finance violations. During a post-SOTU interview Tuesday night, Grimm walked off camera after it became clear that NY1 reporter Michael Scotto planned to ask about the allegations. After Scotto tossed it back to the studio—but with the camera still rolling—Grimm can then be seen walking back into (and through) the s hot to aggressively confront Scotto for daring to ask a follow-up question about something other than President Obama's address.

It's hard to make out exactly what the congressman says to Scotto in the clip, but at one point it sounds as though he warns, "I'll break you in half." According to the write-up on the station's website, that was only part of the threat. Here's the transcript of the off-camera exchange, as transcribed by NY1:

Grimm: "Let me be clear to you, you ever do that to me again I'll throw you off this f-----g balcony."
    Scotto: "Why? I just wanted to ask you..."
    [[cross talk]]
    Grimm: "If you ever do that to me again..."
    Scotto: "Why? Why? It’s a valid question."
    [[cross talk]]
    Grimm: "No, no, you're not man enough, you're not man enough. I'll break you in half. Like a boy."

Christ. Have some class. Just have him put in a closet for a time out.
     No need to talk about beating people up, like you're still in a schoolyard.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from undermyskin. Show undermyskin's posts

Re: Politician, talking tough.....

testing one two three, last didn't show. 

Sad when this is all over the News .

Just a show of anger towards stupid reporters.

Oh there are no reporters any more. just news blogs for entertainment

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]Just have him put in a closet for a time out.[/QUOTE]

heh.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Awww, congress critters...

...so like us...they think they're people....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

If Grimm keeps this 'tough talk' up, he may be elected mayor of Chicago!

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

He's sorry

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/rep-michael-grimm-apologizes-to-reporter-for-threatening-to-break-him-in-half-20140129

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I saw an interview with the reporter. Apparently Grimm has been avoiding the press for weeks. Here's a thought. If you want to avoid the press then don't feed your ego and jump on camera after the State of the Union.

Anyhow..seems like the guy has some serious anger issues if he is threatening violence. Isn't the threat of violence considered assault?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]Isn't the threat of violence considered assault?[/QUOTE]

Yes, I believe so.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSF4Life234. Show RSF4Life234's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's sorry

http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/rep-michael-grimm-apologizes-to-reporter-for-threatening-to-break-him-in-half-20140129

[/QUOTE]

The title in the link made me chuckle and for that I thank you.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If Grimm keeps this 'tough talk' up, he may be elected mayor of Chicago!

[/QUOTE]

CLC,

Or perhaps the governor of New Jersey?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

Among other things that struck me about the rant of Con. Grimes were these two points.

First, the last rant the country was talking about was the rant by cornerback Richard Sherman of the Seattle Seahawks right after they won the NFC Championship game.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2014/1/20/5319032/richard-sherman-interview-nfc-championship-2014

The above link contains that rant for those of you who may have forgotton it already.

Afterwards, and still, Sherman has been called just about every name in the book, including classless and most importantly a thug.

In our current culture most feel that while the "N" word is no longer an acceptable word to employ, the word thug has taken on a strong racist connotation and did and does here in reference to Sherman....top of his class in high school and a graduate of Stanford...and of course black.

His rant did not use any profanity whatsoever nor did it contain any threats to commit bodily harm against another human being.

Compare that to Grimm. He used both profanity more than once as well as threatening to throw a reporter off a very high balcony and break him in half "like a boy". (See link in OP.)

So who is the real "thug" here? Richard Sherman OR Con Grimm. My vote is for the Congressman.

The 2nd point is the rant by Grimm overshadowed the multiple GOP responses to the State of the State Address. IMO I am pretty sure the RNC et. al. are not at all happy with the Congressman as he completely obliterated their planned responses. He may survive the current investigations surrounding him but this incident, for a lawyer and for an ex-FBI agent went completely over the line and will stay with him for some time even if Congress does not pursue any disciplinary action.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

Yes, BDC conservatives, it's clearly libruls' fault

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to NowWhatDoYouWant's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yes, BDC conservatives, it's clearly libruls' fault

[/QUOTE]

What is librul's fault?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NowWhatDoYouWant. Show NowWhatDoYouWant's posts

I trust that answer's the question......

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

When will we admit that congress represents the good and bad in all of us and take responsibility for sending them there in the first place to act like cravens, know-nothings, and buffoons...?

Like the rest of us on both sides of the aisle and in between, there are a few winners, a large swath of mediocrity, and special class of losers for whom mediocrity would qualify as a life achievement.

And don't look now, but the private sector is chock full of these yahoos, too.  Else, where do you think reps and other govt tools are grown like that...??  Some dimwit runs a car dealership or a restaurant chain, gets some local notoriety and runs for office...and then we're surprised when we find out they can't tell the difference between climate and weather or that they think kyrgyzstan is a type of leafy vegetable?

22. This post has been removed.