Pope Francis on Gays .... " Who am I to judge a gay person ?"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Pope Francis on Gays .... " Who am I to judge a gay person ?"

I guess he saying what Jesus said .... Love one another .

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Pope Francis on Gays ....

Poor Rick Santorum.  This has got to sting.

Good for the new pope.  Off to a good start.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I have to say..I've been incredibly impressed and moved by the comments Pope Francis has made as he celebrated World Youth Day in Brazil. For sure..he is a reformer and he seems to be just what the Catholic Church needs.

I was struck by a comment he made earlier. He said..and I quote "I want to see the Church get closer to the people. I want to get rid of clericalism, the mundane, this closing ourselves off within our parishes, schools,  or structures. I want a mess...I want trouble in the dioceses!". ( Pope Francis, 2013)

This is not a spiritual leader who is going to sit around and be led by the power structure of the Vatican. This is not a spiritual leader who is going to be overly concerned by negative politics within the Church. When I first heard that Cardinal Bergoglio was the chosen one..I felt a great hope and happiness for the Catholic Church. When he chose Francis as his papal name..I knew in my heart he was going to a special leader.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

The Pope tweets?

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

This Pope seems to be an absolute breath of fresh air. It'll be very interesting to see what kind of impact he has on the Church.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

I like this pope

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

I worry for his safety.  He seems to not take security very seriously at all.  Some of the footage of him driving around Brazil was pretty frightening.

Sections
Shortcuts