Pope Francis

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

Pope Francis

Pope Francis said the Catholic Church must shake off an "obsession" with teachings on abortion, contraception and homosexuality and become more merciful or risk the collapse of its entire moral edifice "like a house of cards".

In a recent interview, Francis said the Church had "locked itself up in small things, in small-minded rules" and should not be so prone to condemn.

It looks like Pope Francis is reincarnating the long lost 'Christian' part of the church that has been locked in the Vatican basement for far too long. 

Ideological right-wingers who have banked on religious spite to fuel their politics should be frightened by this pope.  Once you remove the ideology of hate and division from modern religion, almost everyone becomes a Democrat.

The GOP is going to find itself in even deeper trouble with this thoughtful and humane Pope.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Pope Francis

"Obssession" being the operative word.

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
    âۥ Socrates

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Ideological right-wingers who have banked on religious spite to fuel their politics should be frightened by this pope.  Once you remove the ideology of hate and division from modern religion, almost everyone becomes a Democrat.

Sorry to blow your theory apart but I think that this Pope is great, he aligns perfectly with my understanding of Christianity, and I see absolutely no conflict between his pronouncements and my conservative principles.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName9's comment:

Pope Francis said the Catholic Church must shake off an "obsession" with teachings on abortion, contraception and homosexuality and become more merciful or risk the collapse of its entire moral edifice "like a house of cards".

In a recent interview, Francis said the Church had "locked itself up in small things, in small-minded rules" and should not be so prone to condemn.

It looks like Pope Francis is reincarnating the long lost 'Christian' part of the church that has been locked in the Vatican basement for far too long. 

The GOP is going to find itself in even deeper trouble with this thoughtful and humane Pope.

You are misrepresenting what he said, just like most of the press coverage has. You slyly, like a serpent, slip in the word "teachings", which was not part of what he said in word or in implication.

then, you use this misrepresentation to launch into another one of your hate filled screeds.

What he said is fairly uncontroversial, that Christian love is being crowded out by focus on social issues. what he says is focus on love first, dogma later.  That's a sound approach, IMHO.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

what he says is focus on love first, dogma later.  That's a sound approach, IMHO.

It's an awesome approach, IMHO.

--

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

you start to lose your ability to herd them.

That's the government's job and they don't take kindly to competition.

--

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

"When you can't burn people at the stake for disagreeing with you,"

Now there is a tolerant kind modern progressive, being all warm and fuzzy and full of love for his fellow man. Thanks for your input.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

The Bishop of Rome advised a group of Italian gynecologists today to "recognize, in the fragile human being, the face of the Lord...Each child that is unborn, but is unjustly condemned to be aborted, bears the face of Jesus Christ....And each old person, even if infirm or at the end of his days, bears the face of Christ. They cannot be discarded, as the 'culture of waste' proposes!"

Read more: http://newsbusters.org/#ixzz2fU3vu1St  

Darn, just when some progressives were saying nice things about the Pope, he goes and says that...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

the Catholic Church must shake off an "obsession" with teachings on abortion, contraception and homosexuality and become more merciful or risk the collapse of its entire moral edifice "like a house of cards"

When you can't burn people at the stake for disagreeing with you, let alone shame them for behaving in ways contrary to what men said about what a nice Jewish man who was killed for threatening regional Roman powers supposedly said, you start to lose your ability to herd them.

I see you are not on board with the whole ideas of grace and salvation.  How unexpected from a commie.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]you start to lose your ability to herd them.

That's the government's job and they don't take kindly to competition.

--

[/QUOTE]

ZING!!!!!!!!!!

He's not going to get it, trust me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

"When you can't burn people at the stake for disagreeing with you,"

Now there is a tolerant kind modern progressive, being all warm and fuzzy and full of love for his fellow man. Thanks for your input.

Don't get all butthurt just because you don't know history. Pick up a book and get reading.

Wow.  just Wow.

You might try some of your own medicine.

To what history are you referring?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

You are misrepresenting what he said, just like most of the press coverage has. You slyly, like a serpent, slip in the word "teachings", which was not part of what he said in word or in implication.

then, you use this misrepresentation to launch into another one of your hate filled screeds.

What he said is fairly uncontroversial, that Christian love is being crowded out by focus on social issues. what he says is focus on love first, dogma later.  That's a sound approach, IMHO.

[/QUOTE]

Due respect skeeter, but I do not see a "hate filled screeed" in this post from User99, even after several readings.

Please, where do you see what I do not?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Due respect skeeter, but I do not see a "hate filled screeed" in this post from User99, even after several readings.

Please, where do you see what I do not?

[/QUOTE]

Why don't you re-read the paragraph that includes this:

"once you remove the ideology of hate from modern religion"

oh, I get it. You think everything in that paragraph is true And not just hate-spewing against Christians.

all is clear now.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Nice post Username.

I am hopeful.  I am in awe of Pope Francis. It seems to me that he understands the New Testament better and more completely than any other Pope in my lifetime. It seems to me he is willing to put into action Jesus' message of love and taking care of one another in a more complete way than any of his most recent predecessors.

Most importantly..it seems that he is intent on rescuing the Catholic faith from politics.

"It is not down in any map...trueplaces never are...." ( Melville)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"Most importantly..it seems that he is intent on rescuing the Catholic face from politics"

Thank God for the new Pope! We wont have to watch those obnoxious government-worshipping leftist "Nuns on a Bus" on every news show, any more!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]I see you are not on board with the whole ideas of grace and salvation.  How unexpected from a commie.ZING!!!!!!!!!! He's not going to get it, trust me. Wow.  just Wow. You might try some of your own medicine. To what history are you referring?

[QUOTE]In my worldview, homosexuality is as wrong as cancer[/QUOTE]

Sorry your Pope betrayed you.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not my Pope.

Oh, and homosexuality is still immoral and wrong, in society, as well as in the Catholic church.  Nothing the Pope said has changed that.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

FACE THE FACTS. POPE FRANCIS IS A SPIRITUAL, SMART, ARTICULATE, INCLUSIVE, HUMBLE AND COMPASSIONATE POPE.HE SEEMS VERY DOWN TO EARTH. HECK HE EVEN BOUGHT A USED PUEGEOT. IT'S MY BELIEF THAT POPE FRANCIS IS A LIBERAL!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME. MAYBE NOW THINGS WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to kelldog1's comment:

FACE THE FACTS. POPE FRANCIS IS A SPIRITUAL, SMART, ARTICULATE, INCLUSIVE, HUMBLE AND COMPASSIONATE POPE.HE SEEMS VERY DOWN TO EARTH. HECK HE EVEN BOUGHT A USED PUEGEOT. IT'S MY BELIEF THAT POPE FRANCIS IS A LIBERAL!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME. MAYBE NOW THINGS WILL CHANGE FOR THE BETTER!

Believe what you want, but the pope evidently is not saying what the press is reporting.

but, I draw the line on Puegeot's.  commie inspired piece of junk.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

what a great country we use to be ...... all we are good for now is making life harder for those who have zilch .....

btw ..... all you righties make sure you all go the Church this A.M. pray , shake and lurch or what ever you do  ...... but if there is a God he ain't looking kindly at you because He knows you don't mean it

Galatians 6:9

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

what a great country we use to be ...... all we are good for now is making life harder for those who have zilch .....

btw ..... all you righties make sure you all go the Church this A.M. pray , shake and lurch or what ever you do  ...... but if there is a God he ain't looking kindly at you because He knows you don't mean it

Right. That's what it is all about.  People like you on the gravy train complaining about people who have zilch.

so quick to judge others, particularly church goers.  I suppose you get out the lead regularly for the needy?

I think someone is having guilt pangs.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Right. That's what it is all about.  People like you on the gravy train complaining about people who have zilch.

so quick to judge others, particularly church goers.  I suppose you get out the lead regularly for the needy?

skeeter you must have been looking into a mirror when you wrote the above comment ..... do you know that the way you speak to people in this forum who you don't agree with reveals the darkness which is truly in your heart .... remember you are suppose to be " the light of the world " !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

skeeter you must have been looking into a mirror when you wrote the above comment ..... do you know that the way you speak to people in this forum who you don't agree with reveals the darkness which is truly in your heart .... remember you are suppose to be " the light of the world " !

I'm speaking truth to power.

Nothing in the bible tells me to roll over for the evil you spew day in day out.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Nothing in the bible tells me to roll over for the evil you spew day in day out.

You better hope I'm right that that is just a book of fairy tales. Else you're going to find the afterlife pretty unpleasant.

If only you knew what you are talking about.

How can you claim it is a book of fairy tales, and in the same breath claim it sets moral standards?

I pray god touches your heart.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]I see you are not on board with the whole ideas of grace and salvation.  How unexpected from a commie.ZING!!!!!!!!!! He's not going to get it, trust me. Wow.  just Wow. You might try some of your own medicine. To what history are you referring?

[QUOTE]In my worldview, homosexuality is as wrong as cancer[/QUOTE]

Sorry your Pope betrayed you.

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not my Pope.

Oh, and homosexuality is still immoral and wrong, in society, as well as in the Catholic church.  Nothing the Pope said has changed that.

[/QUOTE]

How is homosexuality immoral and wrong?