Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2010/07/29/ricks.burn.koran.cnn?hpt=T2

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mattyhorn. Show Mattyhorn's posts

Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning

Right..because there certainly aren't any americans who might be placed in harm's way over a perceived blasphemy, is there...???

What some people do in the name of their god never ceases to amaze me....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from plasko. Show plasko's posts

Ultra-Religious Christians have long been known for their tolerance of others. NOT:

An oldie:

I think the best idea is to minimize the powers of ANY religion. For starters get them all to pay taxes - we need the money for real social programs. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning:
    [QUOTE] All religions are about EGO and money, that is why Jesus was killed, "Money and Power" My Uncle was a preacher and I went with him to church to pick up girls.
    Posted by howiewho[/QUOTE]

I am pretty sure buddhism is about eliminating ego.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

[QUOTE]Right..because there certainly aren't any americans who might be placed in harm's way over a perceived blasphemy, is there...??? What some people do in the name of their god never ceases to amaze me....
    Posted by Mattyhorn[/QUOTE]

I mean I get that they have a right to burn the Quran. I agree its freedom of speech. But it just shows how intolerant some have become toward other religions. I am all for calling out extremists. But not attacking an entire faith community.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

The National Association of Evangelicals, the nation's largest umbrella evangelical group, issued a statement urging the church to cancel the event, warning it could cause worldwide tension between the two religions.

"The NAE calls on its members to cultivate relationships of trust and respect with our neighbors of other faiths. God created human beings in his image, and therefore all should be treated with dignity and respect," it said in the statement.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

Moonbat Matty,
    basher of Christians and defender of Muslims in all cases, 
    says:
    "because there certainly aren't any americans who might be placed in harm's way over a perceived blasphemy, is there...???"

Harm's way? So it is OK for Muslims to commit violence over this stupid act?

If it was the Bible being burned, sure as shooting moonbat Matty would say , "what's the big deal, it is just paper..."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Ultra-Religious Christians have long been known for their tolerance of others. NOT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw_BvBRBDkU http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFGsI-5gxM4 An oldie: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ra_fAYl4Th4&feature=related I think the best idea is to minimize the powers of ANY religion. For starters get them all to pay taxes - we need the money for real social programs. 
    Posted by plasko[/QUOTE]

Ysh, they are out there, like this guy.  But, you could fit all of them into a mini van.  These guys are not even closeto mainstream.  These guys aren't even close to extremists, these guys are wackos.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wraughn. Show wraughn's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : Ysh, they are out there, like this guy.  But, you could fit all of them into a mini van.  These guys are not even closeto mainstream.  These guys aren't even close to extremists, these guys are wackos.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

Adding in their congregations and followers, they're bigger than a van.
    ===============================

All religions are about EGO and money, that is why Jesus was killed, "Money and Power"

And guilt.  Original sin and all.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

Who cares I mean there is no god its all made up anyway.

Burn what ever you want its all fine.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wraughn. Show wraughn's posts

[QUOTE]Who cares I mean there is no god its all made up anyway. Burn what ever you want its all fine.
    Posted by shumirules[/QUOTE]

I get your point, but having a ritualistic burning of anyone's holy book is totally provoking and unnecessary.  It begs for retaliation.  The worst case scenario would be Muslims blowing up a few churches.  If they take it lightly, they'll realize that hundreds of Americans just bought Qurans and helped their economy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : You are right BobinVa. Christians are in open season with the moonbats. They pick some moron who says something that offends them and all of the sudden Christianity is painted with a broad brush of hate and exclusion by the moonbats. Timothy McVeigh is proclaimed as a Christian terrorist the equivalent of the 911 attackers. And of course 911 is our fault because of our foreign policy and relationship with Israel. The moonbats lecture us how to behave as the gleefully celebrate and attempt to justify the treasonous acts of Wikileaks. Americans and America are always up for sacrifice at the altar of moonbat liberalism.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

With all due respect, McVeigh WAS a Christian terrorist. He was part of the Christian Patriot movement. You can take the same road muslims do and say "but he isn't a real Christian" if you want, but that doesn't change the fact that Christianity was the ideological underpinning that motivated the guy. From abortion clinic attacks to the Oklahoma and the Olympic Bombing, not to mention smaller attacks that barely make the news, there are certainly Christian Terrorists out there. Are they as numerous as Muslim Terrorists? No. But we live in a country made up mostly of Christians, and our politics are such, that Christian Terrrorist groups one of the bigger concerns after Islamic Terrorism.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ProfessorPain. Show ProfessorPain's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : I get your point, but having a ritualistic burning of anyone's holy book is totally provoking and unnecessary.  It begs for retaliation.  The worst case scenario would be Muslims blowing up a few churches.  If they take it lightly, they'll realize that hundreds of Americans just bought Qurans and helped their economy.
    Posted by wraughn[/QUOTE]

I think this is an important issue. Basically there are two problems here: burning the Quran, while it is the man's right, is offensive to Muslims and a blatant display of intolerance. I would put it up there with burning a cross or any other overt act of bigotry. The other issue is, Islamic Terrorism is a serious problem. And by doing this, the preacher is basically painting targets on all Christian Churches. Muslim Terrorists aren't going to distinguish between denominations here.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : Adding in their congregations and followers, they're bigger than a van. =============================== All religions are about EGO and money, that is why Jesus was killed, "Money and Power" And guilt.  Original sin and all.

Sorry you feel that way.  Well, I guess you are entitled to your opinion.

These congregations usually consist ofthe familyand a few hanger ons.

A real christian would not do what this pastor is doing.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]Does this bozo realizing he will be burning large sections of the Bible as well?
    Posted by GreginMeffa[/QUOTE]

Having read the quran and the bible, I dont think this statement is accurate.  Still burning the quran is a stupid idea intended to inflame, not the kind of thing Jesus would do.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : None of which changes the fact that this "preacher" is an a55hole and an idiot.  I got 10 bucks he has no idea he is burning Genesis, Exodus, Zacaharia and a good chunk of the Gospels

Well, he isn't.  Mohammed had access to some bible texts, and drew on them, but these books do not appear as written in the quran.  Maybe I'm wrong, I haven't read the quran in about ten years.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : None of which changes the fact that this "preacher" is an a55hole and an idiot.  I got 10 bucks he has no idea he is burning Genesis, Exodus, Zacaharia and a good chunk of the Gospels

But, NONE of the gospels are in there.  that's for sure.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shumirules. Show shumirules's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : Having read the quran and the bible, I dont think this statement is accurate.  Still burning the quran is a stupid idea intended to inflame, not the kind of thing Jesus would do.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

True but at least we in america just burn the book.

If you are say a christian or jew try living in some muslim countrys, they might burn you.  Or at least stone you.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : They are referenced EXTENSIVELY.  The Injil.

Errant early copies, some cross reference, but to insinuate that they are the same is factually incorrect.  Nor are the gospels referenced.  there are some apocraphal links.

BTW.  Though jesus is referenced once, he is hardly significant in the koran.  Jesus was about love, and love is never mentioned in the koran.  That's all you need to know about the koran and jesus.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from taxmeintooblivion. Show taxmeintooblivion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Preacher plans 9/11 Quran Burning : I get your point, but having a ritualistic burning of anyone's holy book is totally provoking and unnecessary.  It begs for retaliation.  The worst case scenario would be Muslims blowing up a few churches.  If they take it lightly, they'll realize that hundreds of Americans just bought Qurans and helped their economy.

We're supposed to be afaid to say or express anything in this country now?

If that's the case, they have already won.