President Big Spender says "there is no debt crisis"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

President Big Spender says "there is no debt crisis"

ABC:

There has been no shortage of dire warnings about the mounting US national debt, but President Obama is now offering a different assessment: no big deal.

“We don’t have an immediate crisis in terms of debt,” President Obama said in an exclusive interview with George Stephanopoulos for “Good Morning America.” “In fact, for the next 10 years, it’s gonna be in a sustainable place.”

It’s an assessment that will throw cold water on the latest attempt to achieve a so-called grand bargain to reduce the deficit. After all, a grand bargain would require excruciatingly difficult decisions for both sides — for Republicans, it would mean raising taxes, and for Democrats, cutting future spending on cherished programs like Social Security and Medicare. If there is no crisis, why would either side do it?

So, what happens if this latest effort to reach a deficit agreement falls through? Once again, the president’s answer was, essentially, no big deal.

“Ultimately, it may be that the differences are just too wide” to get a deal, President Obama said. “That won’t create a crisis. It just means that we will have missed an opportunity.”

Obama wants no grand bargain, he wants to campaign in 2014 and divide us some more.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: President Big Spender says

pre-emotive strike:

we know Bush did a poor job with the debt.  It was by promoting LIBERAL ideas.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Well, there isn't one. Now.

There may be depending on what happens in the next 30 years.

Isn't one what? Deficit?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

BREAKING NEWS: After Barack Obama claimed today that the US has no debt crisis, He has officially taken a new name:

"Pope Bankrupt the First"

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

pre-emotive strike:

Yes....like starting wars of opportunity, doubling the defense budget, huge tax cuts, and ignoring the rising costs of healthcare.  All liberal ideas.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

pre-emotive strike:

Yes....like starting wars of opportunity, doubling the defense budget, huge tax cuts, and ignoring the rising costs of healthcare.  All liberal ideas.

He didn't ignore the rising cost of health care. In fact, health care rose slower under Bush than Obama:

http://freebeacon.com/health-costs-rising-faster-under-obama-than-bush/

Maybe after reading that, you want to sign onto my get government out of the way stance?

Doubling the defense budget? You do know that Clinton ran the defense departement down?  That we had few operating cruise missles atthe start of the Iraq war due to Clinton's mismanagement of Defense?  Bush had to double the defense budget, to protect you.

HUGE tax cuts?  You mean the one's Obama extended until this year?  Yah, you are holding a thimle of credibility on that one.

LEt's switch to liberal programs enacted under Bush:

TARP

Prescription drug benefit

Rising food stamp recipients

No Child Left behind

All liberal programs.  All failures.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

You use a COMEDIAN to make your point?

that's funny right there.  I don't care who you are.  that's funny.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I could use a certain person who has to use WD 40 because he is so cheap that he squeaks to make a point too !

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I could use a certain person who has to use WD 40 because he is so cheap that he squeaks to make a point too !

WD 40 should be sold in 55 gallon drums.  I use the stuff everywhere.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I imagine that you use duct tape to side your house too !

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

The liberal mantra is amazingly dense.

Bush spent too much taxpayer money, and deficits exploded.
    That is bad..So to fix it, liberals elected Obama from the Party of Government, to spend incredibly recklessly (40% more in entitlements), give away trillions to Democrat special interests and ring up more of a deficit in 4 years than Bush did in 8. And make sure millions left the workplace permanently, and get millions addicted to free stuff from the government.

Good plan! Keep up the good work.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

and ignoring the rising costs of healthcare

As opposed to promoting the rising costs of healthcare as we are doing now?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

As long as we have our own currency, we will never have a debt crisis unless its created by republicans.  We can have an inflation problem, but not a debt crisis.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I imagine that you use duct tape to side your house too !

Duct tape to side my house?  no.  I use packing tape.  Duct tape isn't waterproof.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:

As long as we have our own currency, we will never have a debt crisis unless its created by republicans.  We can have an inflation problem, but not a debt crisis.

Such a weak grasp on economics.

Debt and inflation are linked.  Your idea that we can innflate our way out of the crisis in some sort of positive way is wrong-headed.  it leads to stagflation, a run on the dollar, higher food and fuel prices, lower living standards.  Like the Carter years.

Read up on it.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

@Newtster ..... why are refering Social Security as a ponzi scheme ? A Ponzi scheme is a illegal activity , why don't you just come out and say that you are in favor of privatizing Social Security and letting the Wall Street hustlers loot it ?

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

@Newtster ..... why are refering Social Security as a ponzi scheme ? A Ponzi scheme is a illegal activity , why don't you just come out and say that you are in favor of privatizing Social Security and letting the Wall Street hustlers loot it ?

The government is looting it now.  At least with Wall St. there is some (not saying much) accountability.  you send them money, they need to account for what they did with it.

The ponzi scheme reference is that, if this was done in the private sector, it would be illegal, like a ponzi scheme.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

and ignoring the rising costs of healthcare

As opposed to promoting the rising costs of healthcare as we are doing now?

Funny. Haven't heard one person claiming that Obamacare "increased health care costs" actually explain in detail - with reference to evidence - how that works.

Well, clean the wax out of your ears.  Plenty of people are paying more due to Obamacare right now.  Catastrophic plans are up, and all plans now cover mandatory items, like Sandra Flukes contraception.

Only an idiot would claim that Obamacare is not increasing health care insurance costs.  References?  Here:

http://reason.com/blog/2013/01/08/is-obamacare-causing-health-insurance-pr

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/04/obamacare-costs-health-care-young-people_n_2231490.html

http://www.forbes.com/sites/sallypipes/2013/01/07/obamacare-guarantees-higher-health-insurance-premiums-3000-higher/

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323936804578227890968100984.html

And, a really good one about the actuarial stupidity of liberals:

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/337634/who-will-pay-more-health-insurance-under-obamacare-veronique-de-rugy

And, thogh covered earlier as well, a decent explanation for why OBamacare necessarily raise costs:

http://washingtonexaminer.com/higher-health-care-premiums-could-cause-obamacare-to-death-spiral/article/2517939

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

The Social Security trust fund has over a trillion dollars worth of US Treasury bonds. The excess brought into the fund over the past half century has been invested in treasury bonds, as required by law. Now that the system is paying out a bit more than it is taking it, some of those bonds must be sold back to the government. The government must purchase those bonds with either general revenue funds or the feds creating more bonds to sell to raise the money to pay the benefits. General revenue funds are not used to pay Social Security benefits. The Social Security fund is not in debt. And it should not be included in any discussion of deficit or debt reduction.

Raising the minimum wage and raising the salary ceiling will quickly resolve any need to cash in the treasury bonds the Trust fund is holding.