President visits Texas to laughably claim credit for its success

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: President visits Texas to laughably claim credit for its success

In response to bigdog2's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

....lol....   

No, Obama. That doesn't work.

Almost like Dukakis in the tank and Kerry crawling around in a hazmat suit.

More like Django.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

The success has NOTHING to do with the stimulus. If the amount of federal money spent is a majic elixir for economic growth and prosperity, then  Detroit, Oakland, southside Chicago would be paradises.
    If he didn't need stimulus money, if stimulus money had nothing to do with succes, why'd he take it? Doesn't that mean it was a waste? Wouldn't it be best for Americaif the stimulus money went to the most needed places?
    "Bank error in your favor" is something you need to report; if you don't, as an individual, you've committed a crime.

From what I remember he refused it originally but, political pressure and lawsuits caved him.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

I suppose you think crony capitalism doesn't exist in MA?

Now why would you 'suppose' that?

Is there something in my posts that even remotely alludes to that?

The fact that you're complaining about it. MA does the same thing. It exists pretty much in every state. Why you're harping on TX for something that happens everywhere is beyond ridiculous.

I'm pointing out reality and showing that the subject of this thread is one big self-dellusional lie.

The reality that pretty much all states have crony capitalism? No...no you didn't show that. Not even close.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

Of course the fact that TX leads the country in crony capitalism, to the tune of $19 billion/year is just your idea of a thriving 'free market'.

Looks like they're doing pretty weel to me!

Texas is the leading crude oil-producing state in the nation.

• The State's signature crude oil type, West Texas Intermediate (WTI), remains the major benchmark of crude oil in the Americas.
    • Texas’s 26 petroleum refineries can process nearly 4.8 million barrels of crude oil per day, and account for about 1/3 of all U.S. refining capacity.
    • More than 1/3 of all U.S. natural gas production occurs in Texas, making it the nation’s leading natural gas producer.
    • Texas is also rich in renewable energy, including wind, solar, and biomass resources.
      • Texas areas including the Panhandle, the Gulf Coast, and the Trans-Pecos have some of the nation's greatest wind power potential. Texas leads the U.S. in wind-powered generation capacity and is building substantial new capacity. West Texas alone has more than 2,000 wind turbines, and their numbers continue to increase as development costs fall and wind turbine technology improves. At 736 megawatts, the Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center in Central Texas is the world's largest single wind power facility.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

The fact that you're complaining about it. MA does the same thing. It exists pretty much in every state. Why you're harping on TX for something that happens everywhere is beyond ridiculous.

I'm pointing out reality and showing that the subject of this thread is one big self-dellusional lie.

The reality that pretty much all states have crony capitalism? No...no you didn't show that. Not even close.

The reality is that TX has the highest crony capitalism in the country and yet the neo-cons want to ignore this fact.

The reality is that TX took $6.5 billion in stimulus money which the neo-cons wish to ignore.

The reality is that Obama has constantly endorsed private/public partnering and has been ridiculed by these same neo-cons who do it while touting it's success.

I see you're back to make sweeping generalizations. New screen name can't change that eh?

So do you have some sort of chart that shows state ranking highest to lowest for crony capitalism?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

The reality is that TX has the highest crony capitalism in the country and yet the neo-cons want to ignore this fact.

The reality is that TX took $6.5 billion in stimulus money which the neo-cons wish to ignore.

The reality is that Obama has constantly endorsed private/public partnering and has been ridiculed by these same neo-cons who do it while touting it's success.

I see you're back to make sweeping generalizations. New screen name can't change that eh?

So do you have some sort of chart that shows state ranking highest to lowest for crony capitalism?

I do.

So when you replied would normally be the time to share that list. I wasn't asking for sh!ts and giggles.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

So a very large part of Texas' budget was the equivalent of welfare and food stamps. Therefore, Texans are wrong to pretend their states' success is owed solely to everyone being the equivalent of a tough whiskey-drinking gun-slingin' cowboy who works 18 hours a day?

(Nevermind the benefits of being an oil rich state during 10 years of oil boom)....    

Texas is the leading crude oil-producing state in the nation.

• The State's signature crude oil type, West Texas Intermediate (WTI), remains the major benchmark of crude oil in the Americas.
    • Texas’s 26 petroleum refineries can process nearly 4.8 million barrels of crude oil per day, and account for about 1/3 of all U.S. refining capacity.
    • More than 1/3 of all U.S. natural gas production occurs in Texas, making it the nation’s leading natural gas producer.
    • Texas is also rich in renewable energy, including wind, solar, and biomass resources.
      • Texas areas including the Panhandle, the Gulf Coast, and the Trans-Pecos have some of the nation's greatest wind power potential. Texas leads the U.S. in wind-powered generation capacity and is building substantial new capacity. West Texas alone has more than 2,000 wind turbines, and their numbers continue to increase as development costs fall and wind turbine technology improves. At 736 megawatts, the Horse Hollow Wind Energy Center in Central Texas is the world's largest single wind power facility.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

I do.

So when you replied would normally be the time to share that list. I wasn't asking for sh!ts and giggles.

Most people would have phrased the question correctly if they wanted a link to the source.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2012/12/01/us/government-incentives.html#TX

Sorry, I assumed you had cognitive thinking ability. My bad

Per capita, TX is not the highest. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

While Texas booms, other states, blue ones, somehow dont get that same sugar high from the almighty stimulus...hmmmm.

The blue state economies will make you blue...

Picking out the worst Obama state culprits is difficult, but here are a few of the most obvious:

• Illinois (188,000 establishment survey jobs added, but only 71,000 in the household survey) — Obama’s home state is the only one in the union with a higher seasonally adjusted unemployment rate (9.5%) than it had three years ago (9.3%). It is no coincidence that it is also a state which tried — and has obviously failed — to climb out of a dangerous debt hole with massive tax increases.
    • New York (+355,000 establishment vs. only +13,000 household) — Mike Durant at the National Federation of Independent Business referenced a 2011 study showing that the Empire State “said goodbye to more residents in the last decade than any other state.” That exodus has apparently continued into this decade. The state’s current unemployment rate of 8.2% is slightly higher than the 8.1% seen two years ago.
    • Connecticut (+59,000 establishment vs. -32,000 household; you read that right) — Like his gubernatorial counterpart Pat Quinn in Illinois, Governor Dannel Malloy condemned the Nutmeg State to economic misery by increasing 75 different taxes and making insufficient dents in bloated state spending.
    • California (+744,000 establishment, +486,000 household) — The alleged and certainly overhyped resurgence of what used to be known as the Golden State under Governor Jerry Brown is less than two-thirds of what it’s cracked up to be.

These four states and others which are sadly imitating them explain why 1.2 million residents of Obama-supporting states would be working somewhere — either in their home state, or perhaps a neighboring one– if their governors and legislators were applying fiscal and economic policies diametrically opposed to the tax-and-spend approach most of the national establishment in Washington is fiercely defending at the federal level.  But they’re not. Their states, and people, are worse off for their poor decisions.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

If they're doing so well why did they have a $7 billion budget deficit that needed a $6.5 billion infusion of federal money?

They are not immuned from global economic turmoil.

They are reporting an 8 billion dollar surplus now or 15 billion dollar positive turn around. How we doing?

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

If they're doing so well why did they have a $7 billion budget deficit that needed a $6.5 billion infusion of federal money?

They are not immuned from global economic turmoil.

They are reporting an 8 billion dollar surplus now. How we doing?

Ya, and only $6.5 billion of it was federal welfare. Well done

That would be 8.5 billion they generated!

that's a hell of a return!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I was in Dallas a few months ago for some meetings about energy efficiency standards.

The people I spoke with were in awe of what we've done in Mass to rightsize, reduce demand and deploy smarter, greener technologies.

They also mentioned lots of backward-thinking yokels who are impeding their progress on that score, but they still persist.

Had some great BBQ brisket, too.

Nice place, but I couldn't live there.  Too much drought and too far from the ocean for this New Englander....

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Texas, which crafts a budget every two years, was facing a $6.6 billion shortfall for its 2010-2011 fiscal years. It plugged nearly all of that deficit with $6.4 billion in Recovery Act money, allowing it to leave its $9.1 billion rainy day fund untouched.

Now they have only $8.5 billion in the rainy day fund.

That means that even with $6.4 billion in federal welfare they still LOST over a billion dollars in surplus.

Oooops.

Only 8.5 billion surplus. If, only every state could say that!!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Concerned citizen is only concerned with government, and its expansion.

In 2011,Texas had a gross state product of $1.332 trillion, the second highest in the U.S. A few billion from the feds in the stimulus given to state government, is trivia.

Concerned has no concern or even knowledge the existence of a thriving private sector in Texas. Concerned citizen, is there a thriving private sector in Texas?