Putin and Assad just blinked.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: Putin and Assad just blinked.

We do know what the rabid leftist zealot response is so far....See above.

What predictably will follow is mindless moonbat worship of Obama regardless of facts, mixed in with claims of victory over evil Republican 'wingnuts", with various assertions blaming "baby Bush".

Lather, rinse and repeat.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName9. Show UserName9's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

I wonder what the neo-con response to this new developement will be?

http://abcnews.go.com/International/syria-welcomed-russian-proposal-destroy-chemical-weapons/story?id=20198655

The neo-cons were never too excited about a limited strike anyway.  A full blown, boots on the ground invasion of the wrong country is more their style.

Senator Cruz claims the Syria fiasco is just a distraction from what the people want anyway.......more Benghazi investigations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

I suppose you think we neo-cons would all be happy with a nuclear confrontation> Do you realize the authorization bills allow "boots on the ground"? 

Obama has jeopardized the safety and security of the country over something that is no threat to us at all. I suppose you are gleeful over such a display of utter incompetence.

Do you morons realize that the Russians are trying to control islamic terrorists that have been plaguing them and also happen to be from the same region that spawned the Marathon bomber?

Libruls = brain dead

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

I'm glad that it appears that cooler heads will prevail this time ..... btw Hanson .. here's a bronx cheer for your rant

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

I'm glad that it appears that cooler heads will prevail this time ..... btw Hanson .. here's a bronx cheer for your rant

Cooler heads prevailed...that means you consider Obama a hot head? He definitely acted that way.

Yeah, forgive my rant over the dumba55 hothead generating a nuclear confrontation over nothing.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

[QUOTE]

Cooler heads prevailed...that means you consider Obama a hot head? He definitely acted that way.

Yeah, forgive my rant over the dumba55 hothead generating a nuclear confrontation over nothing.

[/QUOTE

it's your right to rant if you want and I support that right ..... I just thought that I would get you going a little but i have to ask you .. Obama is a hothead ? When and where did that happen... when did chemical weapons become as you say nothing ... and a nuclear attack is always possible  .... but it won't happen unless a terroist group gets their hands on nuclear material ....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Russia seizes on American offer to Bashar al-Assad and urges Syria to 'destroy' its chemical arsenal.

Russia urged Syria to "destroy" its chemical arsenal on Monday, seizing on an apparent American offer to cancel military strikes if President Bashar al-Assad disarmed within a week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10297356/Russia-seizes-on-American-offer-to-Bashar-al-Assad-and-urges-Syria-to-destroy-its-chemical-arsenal.html

Syria 'Welcomed' Russian Proposal to Destroy Its Chemical Weapons

http://abcnews.go.com/International/syria-welcomed-russian-proposal-destroy-chemical-weapons/story?id=20198655

So, Obama lackey Kerry steps in it, and makes his statement, in response to a question. Putin siezes upon it and completely boxes Obama in.

Now, what is Obama to do? Putin is giving him what he wants, or at least, what Obama says he wanted.

Putin played this well, and Obama looks weaker than ever, and Kerry looks even more foolish.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

[QUOTE]

Russia seizes on American offer to Bashar al-Assad and urges Syria to 'destroy' its chemical arsenal.

Russia urged Syria to "destroy" its chemical arsenal on Monday, seizing on an apparent American offer to cancel military strikes if President Bashar al-Assad disarmed within a week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10297356/Russia-seizes-on-American-offer-to-Bashar-al-Assad-and-urges-Syria-to-destroy-its-chemical-arsenal.html

So, Obama lackey Kerry steps in it, and makes his statement, in response to a question. Putin siezes upon it and completely boxes Obama in.

Now, what is Obama to do? Putin is giving him what he wants, or at least, what Obama says he wanted.

Putin played this well, and Obama looks weaker than ever, and Kerry looks even more foolish.

[/QUOTE]

skeeter .... I think it was always in the works ..... fools like you are always victims of your own arrogance

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

skeeter .... I think it was always in the works ..... fools like you are always victims of your own arrogance

[/QUOTE]

That's funny coming from the master of arrogance, you.

Maybe this is the "flexibility" Obama talked about with Putin.

But, here's the bottom line:  partisan hacks like you will look at Putin solvingthe problem as a win for Obama.  That's some really rose colored glasses you got there.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I suppose you think we neo-cons would all be happy with a nuclear confrontation> Do you realize the authorization bills allow "boots on the ground"? 

Obama has jeopardized the safety and security of the country over something that is no threat to us at all. I suppose you are gleeful over such a display of utter incompetence.

Do you morons realize that the Russians are trying to control islamic terrorists that have been plaguing them and also happen to be from the same region that spawned the Marathon bomber?

Libruls = brain dead

Heh, heh, heh... another neo-con nitwit heard from.

So how, exactly, does holding a country responsible for gassing innocent civilians by launching tomahawk missles from a few hundred miles away jeapordize the US?

Funny how when there were no weapons found in Iraq, the same neo-cons kept making up new excuses for that catastrophe... all the way up to "Saddam had to be taken out because he gassed people a quarter-of-a-century earlier with weapons we gave him." Ya, that was some timely response.

And now that Obama has successfully pressured the Russians, and in turn the Syrians, into the prospect of destroying their chemical weapons ... weapons they admit they have ... all without a single American service member put in harms way, the neo-cons have their panties in a bunch because it hasn't been a colossal clusterbump like the neo-con's Iraq disaster was.

Watch and learn neo-cons, how foreign policy, used in conjunction with American military superiority, can be combined to achieve an objective beneficial to US interests.... the classic carrot and stick policy in action.

[/QUOTE]

More rose-colored glasses.

Putin bested that fool Kerry and his hapless boss.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That's funny coming from the master of arrogance, you.

Maybe this is the "flexibility" Obama talked about with Putin.

But, here's the bottom line:  partisan hacks like you will look at Putin solvingthe problem as a win for Obama.  That's some really rose colored glasses you got there.

[/QUOTE]

skeeter ..... how do you know what has been going on behind the scenes ...... it must be awful being you today ..... the sabre rattling worked ..... no world war 3 .....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Assad just paved the way to remain in power! not a bad move for putin to play Kerry like that!

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
    âۥ Socrates

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

Assad just paved the way to remain in power! not a bad move for putin to play Kerry like that!

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”
    âۥ Socrates

do you have a mole in the oil industry who told you that ..... oil came down almost $1.50 a barrel yesterday

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

The fact is, Russia would not have offered Syria a way out if it didn't beleive the US was going to strike, so I am not sure how Obama looks weak.  When it came down to it, Assad avoiding the trap that ended up toppling Saddam Hussein and Qaddafi, he recognized the threat and took a way out that preserves his power, at least for the time being.  

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

The fact is, Russia would not have offered Syria a way out if it didn't beleive the US was going to strike, so I am not sure how Obama looks weak.  When it came down to it, Assad avoiding the trap that ended up toppling Saddam Hussein and Qaddafi, he recognized the threat and took a way out that preserves his power, at least for the time being.  

Well, if it makes you and Sister feel better by claiming Obama was the mastermind behind this, go ahead.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

[QUOTE]

Well, if it makes you and Sister feel better by claiming Obama was the mastermind behind this, go ahead.

[/QUOTE]

Please show me where I said Obama was the mastermind behind this development.

The fact is there is no plan for a thrid party to take over Syria's chemical stocks without Kerry's comment, even if he was dismissive of it.  Kerry doesn't make that comment had Obama not sent the signal to the world that he would order strikes against Syria, even if he had to do without congress and the UN.  The impetus by Russia to extend the offer to Syria doesn't exist in a vaccum, it is a response to US pressure.  Basic cause and effect, surely you understand causation.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

If Obama and Kerry sat by and never rattled a sword, I dont think Russia would've even stood up. Assad would continue gassing at will.

But here we have a differant scenario thanks to Obama et al. Assad is now living under a microscope and nervous to do anything.

I wonder what Mittens wouldve done, or Sarah Palin or McCain...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

If Obama and Kerry sat by and never rattled a sword, I dont think Russia would've even stood up. Assad would continue gassing at will.

But here we have a differant scenario thanks to Obama et al. Assad is now living under a microscope and nervous to do anything.

Prolly whatever his advisors told him...same as Obama. Or do you think presidents act completely alone? That every decision a president makes was his sole idea? Please tell me you don't think this. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

Prolly whatever his advisors told him...same as Obama. Or do you think presidents act completely alone? That every decision a president makes was his sole idea? Please tell me you don't think this. 

[/QUOTE]

Pulling that old chestnut, eh? Must've been the part where I put in the et al that probably confused you. Please dont tell me you don't know what that means.

sigh.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I find it sad that progressives like Billthekat are arguing over the brilliance of a move that led to a political loss.  Putin outplayed Obama and Kerry, but the overall effect was no war, so let's take it and move on.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Pulling that old chestnut, eh? Must've been the part where I put in the et al that probably confused you. Please dont tell me you don't know what that means.

sigh.

[/QUOTE]

You asked...

I wonder what Mittens wouldve done, or Sarah Palin or McCain..

And I told you. Don't get pi55y because you can't follow what you asked.