Putin and Assad just blinked.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Re: Putin and Assad just blinked.

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

If Obama and Kerry sat by and never rattled a sword, I dont think Russia would've even stood up. Assad would continue gassing at will.

But here we have a differant scenario thanks to Obama et al. Assad is now living under a microscope and nervous to do anything.

I wonder what Mittens wouldve done, or Sarah Palin or McCain...

Prolly whatever his advisors told him...same as Obama. Or do you think presidents act completely alone? That every decision a president makes was his sole idea? Please tell me you don't think this. 

Pulling that old chestnut, eh? Must've been the part where I put in the et al that probably confused you. Please dont tell me you don't know what that means.

sigh.

You asked...

I wonder what Mittens wouldve done, or Sarah Palin or McCain..

And I told you. Don't get pi55y because you can't follow what you asked.

Back at ya.

That every decision a president makes was his sole idea?

Or do you think presidents act completely alone?

So um, WHO's pi55y?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

I find it sad that progressives like Billthekat are arguing over the brilliance of a move that led to a political loss.  Putin outplayed Obama and Kerry, but the overall effect was no war, so let's take it and move on.

Skeeter, finding praise his comrade leader. Who would've thunk it?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

If Obama and Kerry sat by and never rattled a sword, I dont think Russia would've even stood up. Assad would continue gassing at will.

But here we have a differant scenario thanks to Obama et al. Assad is now living under a microscope and nervous to do anything.

I wonder what Mittens wouldve done, or Sarah Palin or McCain...

Prolly whatever his advisors told him...same as Obama. Or do you think presidents act completely alone? That every decision a president makes was his sole idea? Please tell me you don't think this. 

Pulling that old chestnut, eh? Must've been the part where I put in the et al that probably confused you. Please dont tell me you don't know what that means.

sigh.

You asked...

I wonder what Mittens wouldve done, or Sarah Palin or McCain..

And I told you. Don't get pi55y because you can't follow what you asked.

Um, WHO's pi55y?

----------------------

Guess when you act that way all the time it seems normal to you. Not surprised

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

I find it sad that progressives like Billthekat are arguing over the brilliance of a move that led to a political loss.  Putin outplayed Obama and Kerry, but the overall effect was no war, so let's take it and move on.

Obama was bested by Putin, with the assist from Kerry. Putin won the political scrimmage. Get over it. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

[QUOTE]

Obama was bested by Putin, with the assist from Kerry. Putin won the political scrimmage. Get over it. 

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, without Obama et al (for pinkeye) Putin wouldn't have done anything. You and Snowdon have a nice day, comrade.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Here's the beauty of the position the Obama administration has just managed to maneuver the Russians and Syria fall into:

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hingmarsh. Show Hingmarsh's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [

OK, but I'm not willing to chalk it up to some brilliance on the part of the Obama administration. Sure, it's points for him if he now manages the situation. But I tend to think we just plain tripped and fell into it.

Russia gives something like 500 mil/yr to Syria, so they don't want us starting with a strike and escalating. And I think SB is unquestionably right that Syria will do its best to save WMDs from destruction. I also think Russia understands this.

In short, this is a plus to Russia because they like Syria. It's a plus to us because we don't really want to strike Syria. But it isn't some brilliant move by Obama.

[/QUOTE]

Gotta agree with you there.  Putin gave Obama and Kerry a wedgie and is laughing his butt off.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

How enlightening that some american conservatives are gleefully cheering on the conservative russian president...

...and against our own CiC.

Why?  Who knows, but it's par for the course.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

I think that's too generous, CC.

That would require Obama to have planned with Kerry that Kerry blurt out - and then deny it was a suggestion - that Syria disarm, in anticipation of this causing Russia to agree to the supposed non-suggestion

Except that Obama mentioned this type of solution last week in all but the details.

Kerry's off-the-cuff comments aside, it's difficult to believe the notion has never occurred to them.

In the end, all that matters diplomatically is the UNSC vote; russian support is the means to that end.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

I wonder what the neo-con response to this new developement will be?

Russia seizes on American offer to Bashar al-Assad and urges Syria to 'destroy' its chemical arsenal.

Russia urged Syria to "destroy" its chemical arsenal on Monday, seizing on an apparent American offer to cancel military strikes if President Bashar al-Assad disarmed within a week.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/middleeast/syria/10297356/Russia-seizes-on-American-offer-to-Bashar-al-Assad-and-urges-Syria-to-destroy-its-chemical-arsenal.html

Syria 'Welcomed' Russian Proposal to Destroy Its Chemical Weapons

http://abcnews.go.com/International/syria-welcomed-russian-proposal-destroy-chemical-weapons/story?id=20198655

Funny to hear Kerry try to claim credit when just yesterday he was trying to downplay a mistake.  He was right before he tried to convince us he was wrong before he was right all along.............

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Like I said, without Obama et al (for pinkeye) Putin wouldn't have done anything. You and Snowdon have a nice day, comrade.

[/QUOTE]

Right. in your analysis, it is like declaring the person who moved themselves into a position to be checkmated as the winner.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

[QUOTE]

I think that's too generous, CC.

That would require Obama to have planned with Kerry that Kerry blurt out - and then deny it was a suggestion - that Syria disarm, in anticipation of this causing Russia to agree to the supposed non-suggestion

Except that Obama mentioned this type of solution last week in all but the details.

Kerry's off-the-cuff comments aside, it's difficult to believe the notion has never occurred to them.

In the end, all that matters diplomatically is the UNSC vote; russian support is the means to that end.

[/QUOTE]

Sure he did. (Eye roll)

why are you so fixated on trying to make Obama look like the hero when it is so obvious to everyone else that politically, he was played like a chump?

it is like when the priest ran into the back of the car in front of him.  The officer shows up and says: "So, tell me Father.  How fast was he going when he backed up into you?"

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

For all the neo-con nattering nabobs....

Check and Mate.

Muallem's pledge to sign the (Chemical Weapons Convention) agreement and open Syria's storage sites comes amid a flurry of diplomatic moves around a Russian proposal that Syria place its chemical arms under international control.

Syria has agreed to the proposal, and France has proposed a related resolution for the United Nations.

Putin acknowledged that he had discussed such a possibility with President Obama on the sidelines of the G-20 summit last week in St. Petersburg, Russia.

It was agreed, Putin said, "to instruct Secretary of State (John Kerry) and Foreign Minister (Sergey Lavrov) to get in touch" and "try to move this idea forward."

Putin fleshed out the proposal Tuesday, saying it would only work if Washington called off any strike against Damascus.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/09/10/syria-un-resolution-france/2791315/

So Kerry blurted it out too quickly and had to retract the idea until Vlad was ready and now Vlad infers that Kerry was right and was Kerry's idea but it was actually Putin and Obama's idea from the G20.  But they could not talk about it until; Kerry had to be made to look like he just blurted it out, before it was ready............blah, balh, bum, kiss, blah............

Oh please this is so absurd that it doen't even survive the comment that if its absurd its most likley true.

and yes I did intend to type incomprehensible jibberish, because that is what your version is as its beyond absurbly partisan.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:

[QUOTE]

For all the neo-con nattering nabobs....

Check and Mate.

Muallem's pledge to sign the (Chemical Weapons Convention) agreement and open Syria's storage sites comes amid a flurry of diplomatic moves around a Russian proposal that Syria place its chemical arms under international control.

Syria has agreed to the proposal, and France has proposed a related resolution for the United Nations.

Putin acknowledged that he had discussed such a possibility with President Obama on the sidelines of the G-20 summit last week in St. Petersburg, Russia.

It was agreed, Putin said, "to instruct Secretary of State (John Kerry) and Foreign Minister (Sergey Lavrov) to get in touch" and "try to move this idea forward."

Putin fleshed out the proposal Tuesday, saying it would only work if Washington called off any strike against Damascus.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2013/09/10/syria-un-resolution-france/2791315/

So Kerry blurted it out too quickly and had to retract the idea until Vlad was ready and now Vlad infers that Kerry was right and was Kerry's idea but it was actually Putin and Obama's idea from the G20.  But they could not talk about it until; Kerry had to be made to look like he just blurted it out, before it was ready............blah, balh, bum, kiss, blah............

Oh please this is so absurd that it doen't even survive the comment that if its absurd its most likley true.

and yes I did intend to type incomprehensible jibberish, because that is what your version is as its beyond absurbly partisan.

Kerry blurted it out because he was, like most people, skeptical that Russia was serious about persuing that option. Kerry appeared, by everyone's admission, incredulous but that doesn't change the facts of the case on iota; This was an option that Putin and Obama discussed prior to the meeting between the two secretaries and it is being persued, much to the consternation of the rabid wingnuts.

But finally an admission from a whackjob wingnut that facts are really just gibberish and incomprehensible to people that are so ideologically ignorant as to cling to a version they've concocted in their fevered imaginations, despite the fact that the one person they have relied on to be complicit in creating their alternate reality, Putin himself, has just confirmed that this option for Syria was discussed between him and Obama prior to Kerry's comments.

You have sided with Putin in this foreign policy scenario and now even he has pulled out the threadbare rug you've been relying on for your partisan attacks.

Some advice, you should pick your allies more wisely and don't let your anti-American sentiment, which is based on nothing but your hatred of Obama, lead you to believe the echo chamber horsehockey that forms the basis of so many of your 'arguments'. You just end up looking petty.

[/QUOTE]

This big lie that Obama somehow orchestrated this is the same trick the progressives tried during the cold war:  Reagan didn't win the cold war by building up the military, Gorbachev did through glastnost.

Just like here:  Putin didn't put Obama into a box by offering to fulfill on Obama's demand, Obama' infetesimally small attack that would have no impact on Assad, scared Putin into doing Obama's dirty work.

sigh.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

skeeter .... this "Big Lie" ..... on this Day of all days you speak of a President who lied .... you should be ashamed of yourself ......  what Obama is trying do to is prevent another unconventional attack on our soil and on our citizens ... in his speech last night he was trying to shame a Congress which has no shame into doing what is right which is to allow him to "Carry A Big Stick"  and he was trying to awaken the American Spirit in us that allows us to protect those who can't protect themselves even if we are sick of war ..... Obama knows that as a country we are tired of war and that we all know that we were lied into a war by the last Administration that cost so much in blood ,treasure and Trust and we can't allow the ghosts of that Administration to haunt us any longer .

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

The fact is, Russia would not have offered Syria a way out if it didn't beleive the US was going to strike, so I am not sure how Obama looks weak.  When it came down to it, Assad avoiding the trap that ended up toppling Saddam Hussein and Qaddafi, he recognized the threat and took a way out that preserves his power, at least for the time being.  

Kerry gave assad an out unintentionally!

Putin just seized on the unintentional remark.

Do you really believe assad is going to give up any weapons during a war?

This was a game of words and world opinion and we lost!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

In response to Hansoribrother's comment:

[QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

I'm glad that it appears that cooler heads will prevail this time ..... btw Hanson .. here's a bronx cheer for your rant

Cooler heads prevailed...that means you consider Obama a hot head? He definitely acted that way.

Yeah, forgive my rant over the dumba55 hothead generating a nuclear confrontation over nothing.

[/QUOTE

it's your right to rant if you want and I support that right ..... I just thought that I would get you going a little but i have to ask you .. Obama is a hothead ? When and where did that happen... when did chemical weapons become as you say nothing ... and a nuclear attack is always possible  .... but it won't happen unless a terroist group gets their hands on nuclear material ....

[/QUOTE]

You were the one that said "cooler heads" prevailed. Guess I missed something, but wasn't it Obama that threatened the attack???

I never said chemical weapons were nothing, I was just pointing out that if  you are concerned about Assad abusing his people then how can you sit there and do nothing while he kills 90,000 with guns and just get upset when he uses a chemical weapon?

If  you are concerned about chemical weapons, how does the hothead approach of lobbing in cruise missiles achieve anything towrads controlling them? DO y ou expect that the Syrians are just going to lay down their arms and invite us in after the "shock and awe" of Obama's pea-shooting attack?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hansoribrother. Show Hansoribrother's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

How enlightening that some american conservatives are gleefully cheering on the conservative russian president...

...and against our own CiC.

Why?  Who knows, but it's par for the course.

How enlightening that leftwingers are supporting a chickenhawk president attacking a soveriegn country that represents no threat to the US.

25. This post has been removed.