Putin and Assad just blinked.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: Putin and Assad just blinked.

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Russia gives Syria a sizeable payrolll. Believe 500m/year lately, which indicates that for whatever reason, the Assad regime staying in power is seen as a good thing in Russia.

This way, we don't strike Syria and potentially escalate to boots on the ground, or we strike too hard and somehow the rebels throw out Assad. Etc. 

And this of course is why tvoter is wrong that we got "played": Both the U.S. and Russian interests are served to some extent if there is a disarmament rather than strike.

[QUOTE]

So now we trust Putin or oh wait.....the UN to disarm Assad?

lmfao!!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

If we can't trust the UN with the tasks it was created by us to resolve...

...then we can't trust anyone, including ourselves.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

There you go again, lying about what I said.

Quick, report my post!

> ? denotes a question so, quit lying about what I said you said!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Perhaps but, we know for sure we cannot trust the UN!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

You "lmfao" after asking people questions? Communicating with you face to face must be quite confusing.

posted at 9/11/2013 4:58 PM EDT

• tvoter
    • First: 3/29/2012
    • Last: 9/11/2013

There you go again, lying about what I said.

Quick, report my post!

> ? denotes a question so, quit lying about what I said you said!

it didnt end with lmfao!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Is the idea to deny it, then edit your post, then report all my posts, then call me a liar?

Or are you just drunk?

are you? I didn't edit that post. I did edit the one where I used CDL instead of CHL in another thread.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

[QUOTE]

I see. You're just trying to be cute. Seeing as nobody could be dumb enough to try to lie about what's on the same page....     

[QUOTE]

lmfao!!

[/QUOTE]

tvoter would never lie about such things, he'd just report them and let others fight his battles.

[/QUOTE]

But that would show chickenhawk cowardice. Shocked!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

I think that's too generous, CC.

That would require Obama to have planned with Kerry that Kerry blurt out - and then deny it was a suggestion - that Syria disarm, in anticipation of this causing Russia to agree to the supposed non-suggestion

Except that Obama mentioned this type of solution last week in all but the details.

Kerry's off-the-cuff comments aside, it's difficult to believe the notion has never occurred to them.

In the end, all that matters diplomatically is the UNSC vote; russian support is the means to that end.

Sure he did. (Eye roll)

why are you so fixated on trying to make Obama look like the hero when it is so obvious to everyone else that politically, he was played like a chump?

Because for ideologues like you, the constant struggle is to show you the obvious staring you right in the face. (ergo, Orwell)

Obama's not a hero for doing his job, but he more than deserves respect you see so fit to deny him at every turn.

When will you guys learn that the game matters far less to him than the determinant outcome...??

Look in the mirror, pal, you are the ideologue.  Earlier on in this thread or perhaps another, I stated something to the effect that we should just accept the deal and move on.  Then all you Obama rump-swabs had to go and try to paint Obama and Kerry as some sort of super-hero foriegn policy gods.  They are not, in fact, they are quite the opposite.  I just keep pointing out the obvious:  They goofed, Putin took advantage, Obama and Kerry lost the diplomatic fencing match.

Get over it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

That would require Obama to have planned with Kerry that Kerry blurt out - and then deny it was a suggestion - that Syria disarm, in anticipation of this causing Russia to agree to the supposed non-suggestion

Except that Obama mentioned this type of solution last week in all but the details.

Kerry's off-the-cuff comments aside, it's difficult to believe the notion has never occurred to them.

In the end, all that matters diplomatically is the UNSC vote; russian support is the means to that end.

Sure he did. (Eye roll)

why are you so fixated on trying to make Obama look like the hero when it is so obvious to everyone else that politically, he was played like a chump?

Because for ideologues like you, the constant struggle is to show you the obvious staring you right in the face. (ergo, Orwell)

Obama's not a hero for doing his job, but he more than deserves respect you see so fit to deny him at every turn.

When will you guys learn that the game matters far less to him than the determinant outcome...??

Look in the mirror, pal, you are the ideologue.  Earlier on in this thread or perhaps another, I stated something to the effect that we should just accept the deal and move on.  Then all you Obama rump-swabs had to go and try to paint Obama and Kerry as some sort of super-hero foriegn policy gods.  They are not, in fact, they are quite the opposite.  I just keep pointing out the obvious:  They goofed, Putin took advantage, Obama and Kerry lost the diplomatic fencing match.

Get over it.

Syria admitts that it has chemical weapons , it agrees to get rids of them and it signs the chemical weapon ban ..... so in your opinion Obama loses the fencing match .... I don't think Obama cares what a little .... ant like you thinks .... he is going to get the outcome he wants and the rest of the world can live without fear for another day .....

skeeter you are losing it .... seek help

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Only to an ideological imbecile would the fact that Syria has committed to abandoning all it's chemical weapons be considered a 'loss' for American foreign policy.

You weasels wouldn't be happy unless 4000 troops died to achieve a lesser result.

Pathetic poltroons.

[/QUOTE]

Were did I say it was a loss for American Foreign policy?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

Sure he did. (Eye roll)

Get over it.

Syria admitts that it has chemical weapons , it agrees to get rids of them and it signs the chemical weapon ban ..... so in your opinion Obama loses the fencing match .... I don't think Obama cares what a little .... ant like you thinks .... he is going to get the outcome he wants and the rest of the world can live without fear for another day .....

skeeter you are losing it .... seek help

[/QUOTE]

No, you are losing it.  Which is more true:

Obama carefully crafted a minimalist threat of attack, a pinprick, that scared Putin into strong-arming Assad into giving up his WMD?

or,

Putin siezed on Kerry's off-handed comment, one that was called a mistake by Kerry's very own press manager, and took control of the situation?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

The CIA has begun delivering weapons to rebels in Syria, ending months of delay in lethal aid that had been promised by the Obama administration, according to U.S. officials and Syrian figures. The shipments began streaming into the country over the past two weeks, along with separate deliveries by the State Department of vehicles and other gear — a flow of material that marks a major escalation of the U.S. role in Syria’s civil war.

The arms shipments, which are limited to light weapons and other munitions that can be tracked, began arriving in Syria at a moment of heightened tensions over threats by President Obama to order missile strikes to punish the regime of Bashar al-Assad for his alleged use of chemical weapons in a deadly attack near Damascus last month.

The arms are being delivered as the United States is also shipping new types of nonlethal gear to rebels. That aid includes vehicles, sophisticated communications equipment and advanced combat medical kits.

U.S. officials hope that, taken together, the weapons and gear will boost the profile and prowess of rebel fighters in a conflict that started about 21 / 2 years ago.

Although the Obama administration signaled months ago that it would increase aid to Syrian rebels, the efforts have lagged because of the logistical challenges involved in delivering equipment in a war zone and officials’ fears that any assistance could wind up in the hands of jihadists. Secretary of State John F. Kerry had promised in April that the nonlethal aid would start flowing “in a matter of weeks.”

The delays prompted several senior U.S. lawmakers to chide the Obama administration for not moving more quickly to aid the Syrian opposition after promising lethal assistance in June. The criticism has grown louder amid the debate over whether Washington should use military force against the Syrian regime, with some lawmakers withholding support until the administration committed to providing the rebels with more assistance.

Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), who has pressed the Obama administration to do more to help the rebels, said he felt embarrassed when he met with Syrians along the Turkish border three weeks ago.

“It was humiliating,” he said in an interview Wednesday night. “The president had announced that we would be providing lethal aid, and not a drop of it had begun. They were very short on ammunition, and the weapons had not begun to flow.”

The latest effort to provide aid is aimed at supporting rebel fighters who are under the command of Gen. Salim Idriss, according to officials, some of whom spoke on the condition of anonymity because part of the initiative is covert. Idriss is the commander of the Supreme Military Council, a faction of the disjointed armed opposition.

U.S. officials, speaking about the provision of nonlethal aid, said they are determined to increase the cohesion and structure of the rebel fighting units.

“This doesn’t only lead to a more effective force, but it increases its ability to hold coalition groups together,” said Mark S. Ward, the State Department’s senior adviser on assistance to Syria, who coordinates nonlethal aid to rebels from southern Turkey. “They see their leadership is having some impact.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/cia-begins-weapons-delivery-to-syrian-rebels/2013/09/11/9fcf2ed8-1b0c-11e3-a628-7e6dde8f889d_story.html

Is that good?

Rebels including al-Qaeda-linked fighters gained control of a Christian village northeast of the capital Damascus, Syrian activists said Sunday.

A Maaloula resident said the rebels, many of them sporting beards and shouting Allahu Akbar, or God is great, attacked Christian homes and churches shortly after moving into the village overnight.

"They shot and killed people. I heard gunshots and then I saw three bodies lying in the middle of a street in the old quarters of the village," said the resident, reached by telephone from neighboring Jordan. "So many people fled the village for safety."

Now, Maaloula "is a ghost town. Where is President Obama to see what befallen on us?" asked the man, who spoke on condition of anonymity for fear of reprisal by the rebels.

Just asking!

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-202_162-57601873/al-qaeda-linked-rebels-take-syrian-christian-village-activists-say/

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

If, we have a choice between a dictator and an extremist islamic leadership which do we prefer?

Or we could hope the al qeida fighters who reports say are the strongest of the rebel military wing don't influence the govt if, the rebels win.

50 killed during infighting in the rebel forces this morning. I think it probably wasnt al qeida types that were killed by other rebels but, I could be wrong.

This is just too insane for words!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Perhaps but, we know for sure we cannot trust the UN!

[/QUOTE]

That sort of paranoia will be your undoing, but it explains so much about the positions you shoehorn yourself into.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Sure he did. (Eye roll)

Get over it.

You're sorely mistaken...yet again.

I never took the positions you suggest in any way.  Your confirmation bias and persecution complex are just rearing their pockmarked faces again.

Honestly though, how can you pretend to tell what the score is, if you have no idea how to play the game??

Even stranger is your gullibility to swallow the whole false media narrative, bones and all. 

My only 'gods' are logic and reason, and as usual, they win the day over your sputtering and inane malapropisms.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

If the neo-con candidate McCain had won the election we'd be hip-deep in dog doodoo in Syria by now.

Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.) disputed the suggestion that U.S. aid for the Free Syrian Army is tantamount to aiding Al Qaeda Wednesday on “On the Record.”

McCain praised the Free Syrian Army as a viable entity operating on their own independent of extremists.

Now McCain is a neo-con.

I think someone is overinfatuated withthe term "neo-con".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Sure he did. (Eye roll)

Get over it.

You're sorely mistaken...yet again.

I never took the positions you suggest in any way.  Your confirmation bias and persecution complex are just rearing their pockmarked faces again.

Honestly though, how can you pretend to tell what the score is, if you have no idea how to play the game??

Even stranger is your gullibility to swallow the whole false media narrative, bones and all. 

My only 'gods' are logic and reason, and as usual, they win the day over your sputtering and inane malapropisms.

[/QUOTE]

Now the media, whihc essentially did all they could to elect Obama, are against him.  I've heard it all.

If logic and reason are your only gods, then you must come to the conclusion that Obama and Kerry have been played by Putin, right?