Racial violence in Minn. but, it's not about skin color

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Racial violence in Minn. but, it's not about skin color

That “all-out brawl” at South High in Minneapolis got coverage from virtually every local outlet. At WCCO-TV, Esme Murphy reports: “Twelve people complained that they had been sprayed with mace. Police at the scene said they had to use chemical agent to get the crowd under control as they were being pelted with objects as they tried to break things up. … [One student] said the fights were over pride. ‘I know it’s a pride thing between Muslims and black people,’ she said. ‘They want their pride back for something. I don’t know.’ She also said ‘boys were hitting girls’ and that some people were lying on the floor, with their hands over their heads, in surrender.… The fight, students say, was the result of long-simmering tensions between the 8 percent of students who are Somali Americans and the 20 percent who are African Americans.”

The Strib story, by Paul Walsh and Kelly Smith, says, “Guled Omar, a senior, said he was sitting in the cafeteria when the outburst began after a boy hit a girl. ‘I don't feel safe here,’ Omar said. ‘This is something that has been going on’ for at least two years, he said. ‘I don't know if it's because we're minorities of the newest immigrant group,’ Omar added, saying he has complained to the principal and the School District.”

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2278928/Minnesota-high-school-placed-lockdown-cafeteria-food-fight-turned-huge-brawl-racial-tensions-black-Muslim-students.html

http://www.minnpost.com/glean/2013/02/long-simmering-tension-south-high-leads-all-out-brawl

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Racial violence in Minn. but, it's not about skin color

It's "racial violence" because the newspaper called it "racial violence"?  I recall reading where the fight started when a male threw a milk carton at a female.  Why wasn't it immigrants vs non-immigrants?

Ib Boston, back in the 70s, Italians couldn't walk throw Charlestown withon getting jumped - was white on white racial violence?  And what did they call the violence when kids from Charlestown were jumped as they walked through Southie?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:

Black racism... unheard of.

I'm Barrak Hussein Obama and I approve this message.

"Psst Jay Carney.. tell the dept of propaganda to squash this quick".

You didn't read the story.  The particiapnts are all of the same race.  You just like the idea of "Black racism", it makes you feel good for some twisted reason.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to Reubenhop's comment:

Black racism... unheard of.

I'm Barrak Hussein Obama and I approve this message.

"Psst Jay Carney.. tell the dept of propaganda to squash this quick".

You didn't read the story.  The particiapnts are all of the same race.  You just like the idea of "Black racism", it makes you feel good for some twisted reason.

Color was the same yet doesn't racism and bigotry transcend beyond simply color?

Yes you can use your limited uninformed selective interpretation when it suits you.

I'm no the topic sir. You like making me the topic but you do get boring.

I grew up in Roxbury and assure you that you know nothing of racism.

"Racism" pertains to race.  It is in the word.

You grew up in Roxbury?  That explains a lot.  I bet you do know about racism.  Much too much about racism.  You lived it.  You live it still.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

My point was that the "media from the UK" claimed it was "racism" even though it included only blacks.

However there may be some ethnic bigotry involved here against Somali or even religious being they are stated to be Somali Muslims in the minority group; who knows but, the media loves a good race story.

9. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts