Raise The Minimum Wage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

Re: Raise The Minimum Wage

In response to skeeter20's comment:

This whole minimum wage discussion just points out the obvious shift in our society, from making your own way, improving yourself, to what will government gives me.  Obama is turning the whole nation into people who can't fend for themselves, or won't fend for themselves, instead, depending on government to set their wage, give them their food stamps, and so on.

That's what this argument is really about. Power through dependency.

So you do not support a minimum wage?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

Nothings Legitimate with you matty. The president could go on a Killing spree and You would probably still defend his stupid a55. I really hate that you guys play me like im stupid and that i dont know whats going on. I blamed no one for My Shortcomings  in life, Yet you guys twisted it like i did. Apparently saying that 1/3 of your pay being taken by the Federal government and state is some how complainin.  Im just tellin it like it is, but because your guy is in the white house you have to destroy the opposistion. I guarntee if a guy with an R next to his name was in the white house you all would be agreeing with me. But I guess when you get old and your not Getting any Pu55y from your wife or girlfriend you like to take it out on the people that are within reach.

Well, now that you've brought my wife into this unprovoked, I can see you deserve no quarter and even less consideration as a thoughtful contributor to these matters.

If you had half your wits, you would have seen I was appealling to your intelligence, not your fears and insecurities (which abound, it seems).

And you might also realize I've been posting here since before you could drive and made the same arguments back then under W, too.  My positions are consistent regardless of who's in office.

Think first.  Do some research.  Then, you might understand that your blame and whining are misplaced   This whole thing is bigger than just you and your paycheck.  In time, you may understand that, too.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

This whole minimum wage discussion just points out the obvious shift in our society, from making your own way, improving yourself, to what will government gives me.  Obama is turning the whole nation into people who can't fend for themselves, or won't fend for themselves, instead, depending on government to set their wage, give them their food stamps, and so on.

No, it really isn't.  Not surprised you'd see it that way, though.

It's really more about wage equality.  So, XR3 up there should really be making $2-3 more per hour if wages were properly indexed, as they should be.

In a service-based economy, without other incentives like tips, the minimum wage is the only baseline that matters.

What's your problem with feeding hungry kids with food stamps, anyway?  You don't want the govt handing out food, do you?  At least stamps give folks some semblance of control.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Yes obama Is the Reason The federal Government Takes so much out of my pay. Why are you arguing that point with me When its straight up the Truth?

Because it's straight up nonsense: You are still under the Bush tax rates.

You would be taking in less if you made over $400,000 a year, and that would be Obama's fault. But then - I hope - you wouldn't be complaining about it.

If anything Obama helped you with the payroll tax cut. Then Cantor and the House republicans screwed you by refusing to extend it.

So how the F is it Obama's fault that you are paying the same rates you'd be paying under Bush?

I Never Blamed obama For My not being able to get a better job.. I Blamed Him for not being able to get people that have degrees and Higher education better Jobs.

Ok. You blamed Obama because people with B.A.s can't get jobs. Which is absurd.

How is it Obama's fault they can't get jobs?

Are you going to cite the economy?

Well consider this:

1. It is recovering.

2. If it was already recovered, we would already be speeding towards the next crash. Why? Simple: The economy is in the dumps because two massive bubbles exploded. The economy was not as good as it looked. The only way we'd be recovered by now is if more bubbles sprung up to create the same illusion of wealth.

Real growth takes time. Or a world war (in which our infrastructure survives just fine).

How did i know you where gonna Blame bush... Actually it is Obama's fault because he let the "payroll Tax Holiday"  For Low income and middle class people taking home a paycheck Expire. Obama never Promised Extending it beyond 2012. Now i know The Republicans Had a Hand in not extending this Tax break and Believe me im mad as hell at them also for not extending it. But again It comes back to Obama not being who he says he is. The " Im Gonna Fight for Middle class and low income families" Well apparently Mr. President You didnt Try to damn hard..Especially When Mr.Obama is all up in arms about spending cuts that he says will hurt the economy but somehow this Tax hike isnt gonna hurt  the economy??? If I was making $400,000 Dollars a year I wouldnt be Angry At this tax hike, It would be a drop in the bucket at that wage. But im not. Making the wage i do, Every cent Counts.

1. The economy is Growing at The slowest rate ever.

2. So Now your trying to Hash out why its Good that the economy Isnt Recovered?? The economys success or failure has and Always will Rely on the success or failure of bubbles. The key is to know when to get out, Not Dig your head into the sand and hope nothing happens. And what bubble would you be referring to??? According to Bawney Fwank a housing bubble Never existed. So i have Zero idea What your talking about. Real Growth doesnt Take 5 Years if you Have even Just a little Clue Of what your doing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to tacobreath's comment:

Ding Ding Ding!

Wow.... ok... 

Wow what?  Didn`t we talk in another thread about larger government, redistribution, bailing everyone out of every mess, and taking care of everyone, being an issue?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

"How did i know you where gonna Blame bush"

Well if you want people to start ignoring your posts, by all means start repeating the same lame slogans.

" Actually it is Obama's fault because he let the "payroll Tax Holiday"  For Low income and middle class people taking home a paycheck Expire. Obama never Promised Extending it beyond 2012. Now i know The Republicans Had a Hand in not extending this Tax break and Believe me im mad as hell at them also for not extending it. But again It comes back to Obama not being who he says he is."

If you know how congress works, you know that Obama couldn't force them to extend it.

" So Now your trying to Hash out why its Good that the economy Isnt Recovered??"

And I'm twsiting words? Just pointing out something that economics and common sense agree upon.

"The economys success or failure has and Always will Rely on the success or failure of bubbles."

I do not think you know what a bubble is, if you say that.

"Real Growth doesnt Take 5 Years if you Have even Just a little Clue Of what your doing."

Well I guess you should run for office if you're so qualified to fix everything right off the bat.

I would be more than happy to run for office if i had enough money to do so.I know exactly what im talkin about so stop looking down at me like your better than me. I see now why you Like obama Your just like him, I bet you even hold your head up when you talk to people, Looking down on them like there a piece of garbage.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

But I guess when you get old and your not Getting any Pu55y from your wife or girlfriend you like to take it out on the people that are within reach.

I would be more than happy to run for office if i had enough money to do so.I know exactly what im talkin about so stop looking down at me like your better than me. I see now why you Like obama Your just like him, I bet you even hold your head up when you talk to people, Looking down on them like there a piece of garbage.

You're being treated better by people in this thread than you are treating them, so spare me the self-pitying bull.

Do you drive a Dodge? I know You think that Because im Only 24 I dont know what im talking about. And that because Your Older you know better than me. PLEASE.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

Wow what?

Wow @ the speaking about Obama as if he's the emperor of all machines in The Matrix is what.

Christ. It was delusional enough for some idiot leftists to claim Bush invaded Iraq for oil.

But you're seriously claiming that Obama's policies are all geared to enslave Americans?

Black helicopters, man... 

Not saying anyone`s "policies are all geared to enslave Americans".  Just saying more and more are government dependent every day.  And some on the Left are claiming "it`s getting better" or ""we`re in a recovery".  Everything is worse.  Gas, food, debt, unemployment, negative GDP, family worth and wealth..................

Seems like some are whistling past the graveyard.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Do you drive a Dodge? I know You think that Because im Only 24 I dont know what im talking about. And that because Your Older you know better than me. PLEASE.

I addressed you as an adult.

At first you behaved like a lot of the other conservatives here, just blaming Obama for everything without the slightest bit of nuance.

But now, you really are acting like a kid, and not a 24 year old.

because Your Older you know better than me.

Well, no, it certainly isn't because I'm older.

Skeeter's middle aged and look at all the stupid shat he spouts.

Nuance? 

let me know what is so great about Obama. Is it the swagga he has as he approaches the podium?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

I addressed you as an adult.

At first you behaved like a lot of the other conservatives here, just blaming Obama for everything without the slightest bit of nuance.

But now, you really are acting like a kid, and not a 24 year old.

because Your Older you know better than me.

Well, no, it certainly isn't because I'm older.

Skeeter's middle aged and look at all the stupid shat he spouts.

Just a question. When Will Obama Be held Accountable for ANYTHING he does??? He's Only the potUS but you act like he has control over nothing.

And im acting Like a kid because i point something out. Thats FANTASTIC.

I may not agree with Everything Skeeter Says but to me a good amount of what he says is very true, You and every other person here like you just buries thier head in the sand and DENIES DENIES DENIES.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

But I guess when you get old and your not Getting any Pu55y from your wife or girlfriend you like to take it out on the people that are within reach.

You're being treated better by people in this thread than you are treating them, so spare me the self-pitying bull.

Some words you might want to look up and commit to memory

There/ they're/ their.

Where/ were/ we're.

Your/ you're.

Also, you might want to look up the rules for capitalization. You seem to have gotten the hang of it being used for the first letter of a word, but it's not a random sort of a thing.

Is that what you do all day. Sit in mommys basement, collect welfare, and be a grammar nazi on BDC. Read my Lips A55hole I dont Give a sh!t about my Grammar on a fvcking forum. So go take your d!ck(If you can find it) and shove it in your mommys a55. It'll probably be the most exciting thing you've done all week. Your starting to make me rethink my opinion of WDYWN with your Bullsh1t.

Wow. Is this the "mature adult" republican discussion we're always hearing about??

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Ding Ding Ding!

Wow.... ok... 

So..on the one hand..Skeeter rails against government subsidies such as food stamps..etc. ..yet on the other...he is okay with companies paying workers depressed wages. We have a minimum wage in this country for a reason...and really it is too low as it is. Everytime a company pays a full time employee minimum wage..said company is basically asking the government to pick up it's slack. 

People need to live..after all. They need to be able to put a roof over their head or food on the table. No one can really do that working minimum wage on their own. Hence the government steps in with subsidies.

In other words..you can't be against both.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to BilltheKat's comment:

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

Some words you might want to look up and commit to memory

There/ they're/ their.

Where/ were/ we're.

Your/ you're.

Also, you might want to look up the rules for capitalization. You seem to have gotten the hang of it being used for the first letter of a word, but it's not a random sort of a thing.

Is that what you do all day. Sit in mommys basement, collect welfare, and be a grammar nazi on BDC. Read my Lips A55hole I dont Give a sh!t about my Grammar on a fvcking forum. So go take your d!ck(If you can find it) and shove it in your mommys a55. It'll probably be the most exciting thing you've done all week. Your starting to make me rethink my opinion of WDYWN with your Bullsh1t.

Wow. Is this the "mature adult" republican discussion we're always hearing about??

I can feel it now The BDC censors are probably all over that last post, im definitly gonna get in trouble for that one. But i honestly dont care. BDC shouldnt even allow trolls like that on the forums. If they actually did thier job correctly it wouldnt be a problem.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Ding Ding Ding!

Wow.... ok... 

So..on the one hand..Skeeter rails against government subsidies such as food stamps..etc. ..yet on the other...he is okay with companies paying workers depressed wages. We have a minimum wage in this country for a reason...and really it is too low as it is. Everytime a company pays a full time employee minimum wage..said company is basically asking the government to pick up it's slack. 

People need to live..after all. They need to be able to put a roof over their head or food on the table. No one can really do that working minimum wage on their own. Hence the government steps in with subsidies.

Skeeter is basically an anarchist at heart.

He would have government do essentially nothing except maintain an army. Fallen on tough times and can't make it on your own? Tough. Born disabled into a poor family? Expose 'em on a mountain.

He seems to think that human society should exist as any other animal.

Haha..true. I think skeeter has read one too many dystopian novels...and sadly believes them to be true.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Ding Ding Ding!

Wow.... ok... 

Skeeter is basically an anarchist at heart.

He would have government do essentially nothing except maintain an army. Fallen on tough times and can't make it on your own? Tough. Born disabled into a poor family? Expose 'em on a mountain.

He seems to think that human society should exist as any other animal.

Haha..true. I think skeeter has read one too many dystopian novels...and sadly believes them to be true.

No, you all got me wrong.  The difference between me and yous is that I understand economics.  Really, that's all it is.  Raising the minimum wage hurts workers, it doesn't help them.  your model is static, not to mention that you think business owners are bad people for offering the job in the first place.

The minimum wage issue is the new "life of Julia" wedge issue for Obama, but it makes absolutely no economic sense.  It breaks down like this:

A conservative:  If I can't earn what I want, I improve myself, and I do it.

A Liberal:  If I can't earn what I want, government gets it for me.

So, as a society, we are moving from " I can better myself"  To " government will get it for me"

From my initiative, to my entitlement.

Sad.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Oh. I see, Its all fun and Games Until Someone Fweelings get hurt. I love how You can all dish it but can't Take it. Keep Living Your world of delusion all of you.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts