Raise The Minimum Wage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Raise The Minimum Wage

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

The stimulus was a political payoff, no more, no less.

So, like every single other government spending bill in the history of mankind, you mean...?

Only a dishonest crank like you could oppose tax incentives for businesses, simply because you think they might have favored dem supporters more. 

Or maybe you're just pi**ed you didn't get any.

Way to cut and paste from another opinion blog, though.  Pipe in when you have any original thoughts of your own, m'kay?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to xXR3S1NXx's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

What tax cuts??? All i see is the Government and the state of massachusetts taking nearly a 1/3 of my pay right off the top...

You can look it up if you like, but it was four whole years ago...nearly $300 billion of the ARRA were for direct tax incentives to people and businesses.

I believe you on the tax cuts matty. But i also believe that a good portion of that money went to unions and obamas cronie buddies who helped him win his first election. Try and prove me wrong or whatever thats your perogative. But the math just doesnt add up when you try and determine where exactly the money went.

And how fair is it that a young Adult like me (Im 24) Has nearly a 1/3 of my paycheck taken in state and federal taxes??? I Can barely have any money for my pocket after paying for My room,Food,car insurance,Gas to get back and forth from work, and Utilities... Thank God i live with a roommate as id be screwed if i was living by myself. I thought your man was suppose to be about the middle class and the little guy??? All i feel is like im getting stepped on by the governement to pay for everyone else to have fun.

The answer to you would be to get a better job, work harder, go into business, etc.

No offense, but that's also the same message offered by POTUS...along with the opportunity for a college degree/post-hs cert, which is the bare minimum these days for a "middle class" admission...as well as a fair playing field and affordable health insurance.

Most people your age have roommates and share expenses. (Most my age, too.)  If you're not having fun, then I can't really comment on that.  What we call our 'salad days' can sometimes be more lettuce than tomatoes (if you follow).

However, I was never so conceited as to blame the president for any errors in judgement I had to make on my own...or to think that the man elected really changed my fortunes that much (as opposed to whom I agree with - difference).  What makes you so special?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

What tax cuts??? All i see is the Government and the state of massachusetts taking nearly a 1/3 of my pay right off the top...

You can look it up if you like, but it was four whole years ago...nearly $300 billion of the ARRA were for direct tax incentives to people and businesses.

I believe you on the tax cuts matty. But i also believe that a good portion of that money went to unions and obamas cronie buddies who helped him win his first election. Try and prove me wrong or whatever thats your perogative. But the math just doesnt add up when you try and determine where exactly the money went.

And how fair is it that a young Adult like me (Im 24) Has nearly a 1/3 of my paycheck taken in state and federal taxes??? I Can barely have any money for my pocket after paying for My room,Food,car insurance,Gas to get back and forth from work, and Utilities... Thank God i live with a roommate as id be screwed if i was living by myself. I thought your man was suppose to be about the middle class and the little guy??? All i feel is like im getting stepped on by the governement to pay for everyone else to have fun.

The answer to you would be to get a better job, work harder, go into business, etc.

No offense, but that's also the same message offered by POTUS...along with the opportunity for a college degree/post-hs cert, which is the bare minimum these days for a "middle class" admission...as well as a fair playing field and affordable health insurance.

Most people your age have roommates and share expenses. (Most my age, too.)  If you're not having fun, then I can't really comment on that.  What we call our 'salad days' can sometimes be more lettuce than tomatoes (if you follow).

However, I was never so conceited as to blame the president for any errors in judgement I had to make on my own...or to think that the man elected really changed my fortunes that much (as opposed to whom I agree with - difference).  What makes you so special?

Your POTUS is the reason why a good portion of my paycheck is going to the federal government. Your Dem Govrnor Deval is the reason why a good portion of my Paycheck is going to the state. Everything these punks say is a bunch of hot air and nothing more. They dont give a Crap about THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON all they care about is The supposed Bettering of people as a whole.   And Your really gonna give me the Get a better education speel???  Lol Sorry to break it too you Matty but People with higher education arnt finding it much better either. I have a Friend Who Graduated From St.Anselm With a 3.8 GPA and a Degree in Criminal Justice. And for the Life of her she cant Find work. She has been out of college for almost 3 years now and looking everyday for anything she can get her hands on. She's even gone so far as to offer he services to people for free, Just to get the expierance. The problem isnt needing to get higher education. The problem is you have to know someone to get you a job. Its not what you know Matty Its Who you Bl0w.  And where did i say i was special. All i want is my fair shot at the american dream and i cant even get that. It used to be you work hard, you put in that little extra bit of effort and your rewarded, Its not like that now and it probably will never be again being a lazy tax dollar sucking leech seems to be the way to go now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Your POTUS is the reason why a good portion of my paycheck is going to the federal government. Your Dem Govrnor Deval is the reason why a good portion of my Paycheck is going to the state. Everything these punks say is a bunch of hot air and nothing more. They dont give a Crap about THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON all they care about is The supposed Bettering of people as a whole.   And Your really gonna give me the Get a better education speel???  Lol Sorry to break it too you Matty but People with higher education arnt finding it much better either. I have a Friend Who Graduated From St.Anselm With a 3.8 GPA and a Degree in Criminal Justice. And for the Life of her she cant Find work. She has been out of college for almost 3 years now and looking everyday for anything she can get her hands on. She's even gone so far as to offer he services to people for free, Just to get the expierance. The problem isnt needing to get higher education. The problem is you have to know someone to get you a job. Its not who you know Matty Its Who you Bl0w.  

Sorry to hear you're so jaded.  Maybe you should do something about it instead of complaining.

Again, blaming POTUS or GOTC won't help you get ahead, unless you're a conservative commentator or radio host.  

I agree they don't care about one person...mainly because they have an entire country/state to run.  Don't be so conceited.

And sorry, but if you don't think that patronage happens in the private sector, too, than you're deluding yourself.

I worked for three years after high school and supported myself.  When I went back to college, I had a double-major and still worked 30-35 hours per week, and STILL graduated with honors in four years.  No help from mom or dad, but I did take out a few school loans, for which I have to thank the govt, if I'm being honest.

I didn't get a job right out of college, either.  But I was resourceful, prudent and eventually found a career I could do well and that paid the bills.  Now, I'm a married forty-something with a house, a yard, a few toys, etc. and I brew my own kick-azz beer.  What else do I really need...?

My advice is to decide what's really important to you and go do it.  If it's important enough, the opportunities will find you.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Your POTUS is the reason why a good portion of my paycheck is going to the federal government. Your Dem Govrnor Deval is the reason why a good portion of my Paycheck is going to the state. Everything these punks say is a bunch of hot air and nothing more. They dont give a Crap about THE INDIVIDUAL PERSON all they care about is The supposed Bettering of people as a whole.   And Your really gonna give me the Get a better education speel???  Lol Sorry to break it too you Matty but People with higher education arnt finding it much better either. I have a Friend Who Graduated From St.Anselm With a 3.8 GPA and a Degree in Criminal Justice. And for the Life of her she cant Find work. She has been out of college for almost 3 years now and looking everyday for anything she can get her hands on. She's even gone so far as to offer he services to people for free, Just to get the expierance. The problem isnt needing to get higher education. The problem is you have to know someone to get you a job. Its not who you know Matty Its Who you Bl0w.  

Sorry to hear you're so jaded.  Maybe you should do something about it instead of complaining.

Again, blaming POTUS or GOTC won't help you get ahead, unless you're a conservative commentator or radio host.  

I agree they don't care about one person...mainly because they have an entire country/state to run.  Don't be so conceited.

And sorry, but if you don't think that patronage happens in the private sector, too, than you're deluding yourself.

I worked for three years after high school and supported myself.  When I went back to college, I had a double-major and still worked 30-35 hours per week, and STILL graduated with honors in four years.  No help from mom or dad, but I did take out a few school loans, for which I have to thank the govt, if I'm being honest.

I didn't get a job right out of college, either.  But I was resourceful, prudent and eventually found a career I could do well and that paid the bills.  Now, I'm a married forty-something with a house, a yard, a few toys, etc. and I brew my own kick-azz beer.  What else do I really need...?

My advice is to decide what's really important to you and go do it.  If it's important enough, the opportunities will find you.

So its Complaining When i have a legitimate beef with the people that are running our government... ? Ok then..

You just dont get it when it Comes to individualism do you matty???

I never said patronage doesnt go On in the Private sector It goes on everywhere, thats the problem.

Dont thank the government for your loans Matty thank the people around you for your loans. What you think the government just pulled a wad of cash out of there a55for you to go to college???

The Working world isnt the same as when you where out of college matty. Sry to say but again People dont give a sh!t about what you know, Its who you know. Wait check that If your a good looking girl with a nice pair of t1ts you can get a job pretty easy too.And its Good to know you have some toys and Luxuries. You enjoying your Monthly payments?

And Honestly i dont know what important to me anymore. I used to know but since the country has gone to hell and a handbasket I dont know If what i want to do is gonna matter to people or if what i wanna do is gonna make a difference. Which is what people want right. To make a difference to leave thier mark on the world. Correct?

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

And Your really gonna give me the Get a better education speel?

Well if you don't have at least a college degree, you're more or less up the creek, unless you think up a great idea and put in 18 hrs a day to get a business up and running. College
    grads, particularly those with less marketable degrees (like English, History, etc), are indeed having trouble.But it is without a doubt that people without college degrees are having a lot more trouble, and it is also without a doubt that there is generally no ladder for them to climb. Unless they build the ladder themselves (form their own business).

And perhaps your friend's troubles are because a criminal justice degree doesn't lead to altogether too many jobs.

Who is she offering "services" to? And what "services"? She's not a lawyer, so she's not going to get a firm to take her even as a volunteer for actual legal work. Secretary and file monkey, perhaps.

Maybe it would help get a job with the police, but then, she's in trouble if she's smart. Recall the article about the NY cops refusing to hire someone because their IQ was 104. That's just barely over average, and they said it was "too high". The guy might get distracted on the beat because he was marginally above average intelligence, the reasoning went.

(Explains a lot of what I see in criminal cases, at that).

The fact that the government takes such a large chunk of our paychecks isn't Obama's fault. Obama extended the Bush tax cuts multiple times, remember?

If you're feeling more pain this year, you can thank the house Republicans for blocking any extension of the payroll tax cut.

Tons and Tons of people have become very successful without going to college. Sure your gonna have to Work a little Harder But i have no problem with that. I just dont enjoy Having the fruits of my labor Being Taken Away for some Lazy Tax dollar sucking leech to sit on the couch all day and collect his/her Welfare check when there More than capable of working.

Your kidding right WDYWN. Criminal Justice is one of the biggest and best fields you can get into. Pretty much anything that people will always need a service for like Food and Crime is the best field to be in. She is more than Qualified to be pretty much anything she wants in the Criminal Justice field Besides being a lawyer(She hasnt taken the BAR exam yet) and yet she still she cant find anything.  

And enough with the Blame Game Dude Your man has been in office for almost 5 years now. He OWNS everything. Blaming The previous president is Wearing really thin.  But thats a Dems Nature If it aint working for you Find someone else to blame.  

And what im telling you guys isnt Complaining When its LEGIT so enough with that.

You guys are the ones coming With the excuses for your messiahs Short coming. Which is no surprise really. The Blind Leading the Blind isnt exactly something i expect to go well.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to airborne-rgr's comment:

Seems to me 'individualism' would not be blaming PotUS, any PotUS, for your lot in life.

Did i blame him for my Standing in life. NO  I simply said that MR for the middle class Im for the little guy isnt what he says he is.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

This is really amusing, the "50 shades of Grey"  of liberal deflection and blame shifting...

"The fact that the government takes such a large chunk of our paychecks isn't Obama's fault. Obama extended the Bush tax cuts multiple times, remember?"

"If you're feeling more pain this year, you can thank the house Republicans for blocking any extension of the payroll tax cut."

"Seems to me 'individualism' would not be blaming PotUS, any PotUS, for your lot in life."

When Bush was President, libs held him personally responsible from Day 1 for anything and everything...many parnaoid libs libs who smoked too much dope blamed him for conspiring and attacking the US on 9/11

Now, the libs either blame Republicans in Congress, blame Bush for the economy 5 years later, or laughably go the "libertarian" route...."you are personally responsible  man, dont blame our President..."

Eventually by the end of the second term, Obama wil be held responsible for something...he wasnt elected  President just to be an observer of Washington politics, and to make campaign stops and say fifty billion times how the 'rich must pay their fair share' ...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

This is really amusing, the "50 shades of Grey"  of liberal deflection and blame shifting...

"The fact that the government takes such a large chunk of our paychecks isn't Obama's fault. Obama extended the Bush tax cuts multiple times, remember?"

"If you're feeling more pain this year, you can thank the house Republicans for blocking any extension of the payroll tax cut."

"Seems to me 'individualism' would not be blaming PotUS, any PotUS, for your lot in life."

When Bush was President, libs held him personally responsible from Day 1 for anything and everything...many parnaoid libs libs who smoked too much dope blamed him for conspiring and attacking the US on 9/11

Now, the libs either blame Republicans in Congress, blame Bush for the economy 5 years later, or laughably go the "libertarian" route...."you are personally responsible  man, dont blame our President..."

Eventually by the end of the second term, Obama wil be held responsible for something...he wasnt elected  President just to be an observer of Washington politics, and to make campaign stops and say fifty billion times how the 'rich must pay their fair share' ...

Exactly. It Cant POSSIBLY be the government so its gotta GOTTA be the person.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

Seems to me 'individualism' would not be blaming PotUS, any PotUS, for your lot in life.

Did i blame him for my Standing in life. NO  I simply said that MR for the middle class Im for the little guy isnt what he says he is.

You're my newest favorite idiot. It's so very entertaining reading your poorly spelled and ignorant rants.

Is that all you got. Im an idiot because My spelling is bad on a Forum?? Grammar Nazi Much. D1ck. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

In response to jedwardnicky's comment:

You're my newest favorite idiot. It's so very entertaining reading your poorly spelled and ignorant rants.

Is that all you got. Im an idiot because My spelling is bad on a Forum?? Grammar Nazi Much. D1ck. 

Well, pretty much.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

So its Complaining When i have a legitimate beef with the people that are running our government... ? Ok then..

I never said patronage doesnt go On in the Private sector It goes on everywhere, thats the problem.

Dont thank the government for your loans Matty thank the people around you for your loans. What you think the government just pulled a wad of cash out of there a55for you to go to college???

The Working world isnt the same as when you where out of college matty. Sry to say but again People dont give a sh!t about what you know, Its who you know. Wait check that If your a good looking girl with a nice pair of t1ts you can get a job pretty easy too.And its Good to know you have some toys and Luxuries. You enjoying your Monthly payments?

And Honestly i dont know what important to me anymore. I used to know but since the country has gone to hell and a handbasket I dont know If what i want to do is gonna matter to people or if what i wanna do is gonna make a difference. Which is what people want right. To make a difference to leave thier mark on the world. Correct?

If I actually heard a "legitimate beef" from you, I might address it.  But I see from you are the same tired, discredited talking points used by the rest of the obama-hating clowns around here.  These tax policies didn't just pop-up overnight when you started collecting a paycheck, y'know.  

And yes, you ARE blaming others for your own insouciance.  It's pretty much the same behavior you accuse the "tax-sucking leeches" of.  Weak.  Where is your own "individualism" that informs how you live your life?  Do you REALLY think your own life is so affected by current events?  Really?!

If you don't know what's important to you, then how can you utter a single word about "individualism"...?  At age 24, you should have SOME kind of clue by now.  I don't mean to patronize, but you're not getting any younger.

And I admit, I once tried to argue, "it's different now", but eventually realized that a job is a job and work is work, no matter what your actual "profession" is.  I had my first summer job (installing carpet) when I was 13, once held 4 part-time jobs simultaneously, worked my way through college and never collected a single unemployment check.  And yet I still consider myself one of the lucky ones.  Imagine that....

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

the country has gone to hell and a handbasket

You've lived long enough to say that?

It may look that way seeing as you turned 18 right around the time the mortgage crisis, made possible by financial deregulation, caused a global economic recession (and helpfully revealed the true cost of Bush tax cuts, Iraq, Afghanistan, and prescription plan)........

....but the country has been through a lot worse.

No, but i do Have older friends that tell me what things used to be like. But i guess that Never crossed your mind did it.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

i do Have older friends that tell me what things used to be like.

Ok. And I've read plenty of history.

Things are bad, but they're far from the worst ('hell in a handbasket').

Same here. History was probably One of My favorite Subjects in school.

But because you cant Visually see Millions and Millions of People Begging For Jobs and Food out in the street Like During the great depression, You say things "Arnt that bad" When in reality Millions and Millions Have given up Any hope Of ever finding a job. Not to Mention the Millions More that are extremely Underemployed. But Yea "They're Far from the Worst"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xXR3S1NXx. Show xXR3S1NXx's posts

Nothings Legitimate with you matty. The president could go on a Killing spree and You would probably still defend his stupid a55. I really hate that you guys play me like im stupid and that i dont know whats going on. I blamed no one for My Shortcomings  in life, Yet you guys twisted it like i did. Apparently saying that 1/3 of your pay being taken by the Federal government and state is some how complainin.  Im just tellin it like it is, but because your guy is in the white house you have to destroy the opposistion. I guarntee if a guy with an R next to his name was in the white house you all would be agreeing with me. But I guess when you get old and your not Getting any Pu55y from your wife or girlfriend you like to take it out on the people that are within reach.

You blamed Obama for the amount the federal government takes from your paycheck. You blamed Obama for the lack of better jobs for you to obtain.

And....that last sentence....         seriously?

Yes obama Is the Reason The federal Government Takes so much out of my pay. Why are you arguing that point with me When its straight up the Truth?  I Make 11 dollars an hour(Thats 3 dollars above min wage)  and Work 32-40 Hours a week. I get paid every 2 weeks. My pay For Two weeks after taxes is about 520. You do the math on how much the State and Government takes out of my pay.

I Never Blamed obama For My not being able to get a better job. I Blamed Him for not being able to get people that have degrees and Higher education better Jobs. Stop twisting my Words to suit your agenda. Thanks.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

This whole minimum wage discussion just points out the obvious shift in our society, from making your own way, improving yourself, to what will government gives me.  Obama is turning the whole nation into people who can't fend for themselves, or won't fend for themselves, instead, depending on government to set their wage, give them their food stamps, and so on.

That's what this argument is really about. Power through dependency.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tacobreath. Show tacobreath's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

This whole minimum wage discussion just points out the obvious shift in our society, from making your own way, improving yourself, to what will government gives me.  Obama is turning the whole nation into people who can't fend for themselves, or won't fend for themselves, instead, depending on government to set their wage, give them their food stamps, and so on.

That's what this argument is really about. Power through dependency.

Ding Ding Ding!