RAMBO comes alive in BAWSTON?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: RAMBO comes alive in BAWSTON?

It is odd

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

RIP Patrol Officer Sean A. Collier, 26, of Somerville, Mass.

Collier had served as a member of the MIT Police since Jan. 9, 2012, following service as a civilian employee with the Somerville Police Department. He was a native of Wilmington, Mass.

“Sean was one of these guys who really looked at police work as a calling,” said MIT Police Chief John DiFava. “He was born to be a police officer. R. I. P.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

RIP Patrol Officer Sean A. Collier, 26, of Somerville, Mass.

Collier had served as a member of the MIT Police since Jan. 9, 2012, following service as a civilian employee with the Somerville Police Department. He was a native of Wilmington, Mass.

“Sean was one of these guys who really looked at police work as a calling,” said MIT Police Chief John DiFava. “He was born to be a police officer. R. I. P.

Good one, Sis!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

It seems reasonable to me to have people stay off the streets in a situation like this. Local governments do similar things when there are weather emergencies, why not terror emergencies?

I think there were two main goals here. First, to keep everyone as safe as possible and second, to make it impossible for teh bad guys to move around without getting spotted. The results seem to have proven the methods.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to CommyContrarian's comment:

the commy loves everything about the red, white and blue and always cheers for it in conflict but jeez.. part of the contrarian in me cant help but be in awe of how one guy can bring an entire superpower, a major city, and the enire world's safety to its knees. for all of u who derided how bin laden could hide in plain sight in pakistan and how everyone must have known there, u dont think they are now boomeranging this to the US? this is like rambo using his bow and arrow to bring down the high tech russian helicopter and beyond. hollywood could not have scripted this! sad as it is, these jabronis will have followers and devotees for years and years!

And if law enforcement didn't ADVISE people to stay indoors and people were out and about and as a result were killed by this a55hat you'd b!tch about how the police didn't do enough to keep people safe. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

As someone said, this was like a citywide snow emergency...without the snow.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

How did the dogs not find this guy?

His aunt and father still proclaim its a set up and they are innocent.

If there is no video of them actually placing the bombs and all the govt has is the pictures and video we've seen and the testimony from the carjacking victim of them bragging.

I can see the defense dragging in countless people who knew them and never noticed anything.

The FBI interviewed them and then let them go.....etc etc

What we KNOW isnt important it's what they can prove without a shadow of doubt!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

In response to tvoter's comment:

If there is no video of them actually placing the bombs and all the govt has is the pictures and video we've seen and the testimony from the carjacking victim of them bragging

Wrong. There is a whole body of law on what is allowed in as post-crime evidence that is consciousness of guilt. Also, where you are talking conspiracy to commit a crime and/or joint venture carrying it out, the escape often comes in part and parcel to prove the crime.

Every violent act they committed after the shooting likely comes in one way or another.

Its all allegations at this time; with a presumption of innocense.

They must be proven guilty without reasonable doubt.

There are video's being posted every day showing these two laughing and dancing and acting completely nomal by friends and acquaintences of theirs who support them!

I fully expect the defense to request a different venue outside of Boston as well.

OJ imo was guilty and sin and got off scott free!

Its not about what you KNOW it's about what you can PROVE without a good defense team injecting REASONABLE DOUBT in 1 juror!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

tvoter: For once in your life, actually listen.

You said: "all the govt has is the pictures and video we've seen and the testimony from the carjacking victim of them bragging"

I explained why that's not true. They have more, specifically, the post-bombing actions that reflect consciousness of guilt. That is evidence that is very likely admissible on a number of different bases.

But let's talk about cognitive dissonance:

"OJ imo was guilty and sin and got off scott free!"

v.

"Its all allegations at this time; with a presumption of innocense. They must be proven guilty without reasonable doubt."

Think about how you just completely contradicted yourself.

Kind of like that comma in the 2nd ammendment you left off that I saID "if" before that!

Im saying that guilty people can and are exonerated by good defense teams and by instilling certain perceptions i.e. "if, it dont fit, you must acquit"

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Im saying that guilty people can and are exonerated by good defense teams and by instilling certain perceptions i.e. "if, it dont fit, you must acquit"

Well, no, you're applying your presumption of innocence to the marathon bombers - despite being roughly 100 times more obviously 'guilty as sin', but calling OJ guilty as sin despite the fact that a jury found that the government failed to pierce the presumption of innocence.

And the glove business? Please. The defense came up with a catchy line, but the real damage was done by the prosecutor in making a colossal blunder in the first place.

The bombers are in criminal law due an assumption of innocence that is indulged in the absence of contrary evidence.

I am not saying these guys are innocent. I am saying that with every piece of evidence there can be contradicting information that blows holes in it and all it takes is 1 joror to have reasonable doubt.

It is not a perfect system but imo it is the best available in the civilian world.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

all it takes is 1 joror to have reasonable doubt.

For a mistrial and retrial.

True, but what a waste!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

all it takes is 1 joror to have reasonable doubt.

For a mistrial and retrial.

True, but what a waste!

[QUOTE]

Waste?

If one juror has reasonable doubt and therefore refuses to convict, time and money were spent, but they were no "waste."

A mistrial only looks like waste to someone who thinks the defendant is guilty.

That possible result is WHY we require (well it can depend on the nature of the case and where it's happening) unanimous verdicts. That is what gives the standard of proof beyond reasonable doubt its meaning.

In my opinion it is a waste of money time and resources if the prosecution in a case like this or OJ allows it to happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

In my opinion it is a waste of money time and resources if the prosecution in a case like this or OJ allows it to happen. b

Our system is wasteful whenever the prosecution fails to convince 12 people that someone you personally feel is guilty, is guilty?

Seems you don't understand our system particualrly well.

Yea Im sure it's just me that feel OJ was guilty