Records of Christine O’Donnell tax snooping disappear

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Records of Christine O’Donnell tax snooping disappear

Delaware state officials have told Congress that they likely destroyed the computer records that would show when and how often they accessed Christine O'Donnell’s personal tax records and acknowledged that a newspaper article was used as the sole justification for snooping into the former GOP Senate candidate’s tax history.

There's that word likely again. Does anyone bloody know anything?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ppannos. Show ppannos's posts

Re: Records of Christine O’Donnell tax snooping disappear

Obamas version of transparency.

Did the backups ALSO disappear?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Has nothing to do with Obama, the article clearly refers the actions of state level officials.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregStillinMeffa. Show GregStillinMeffa's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Has nothing to do with Obama, the article clearly refers the actions of state level officials.  

"likey destroyed" = CYA

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

It likely has nothing to do with Obama.

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

My understanding is that it was the state level employees accessing federal level tax records.  Might not be the feds fault, but, come on.

As far as the state destroying records, this was not done indiscriminately.  Nothing, and I mean NOTHING that touches government gets destroyed that easily.  I remember Gov. Sargent telling me about how the state police still had a record of his mother being part of a disturbance in a sorority around the turn of the last century, as of the time he ran for governor, some 50-60 years later. 

So, you can beleive that this was deleted as a normal course of business, or you can go with what is more likely, that it was destroyed because the eveidence put someone further up the food chain at risk.

Nothing informational gets destroyed by any government except on purpose.  And, nothing political gets destroyed unless it is called for further up the food chain.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to andiejen's comment:

National Review editor-at-large Jonah Goldberg has apologized for inaccurately accusing the IRS of "snooping" on former Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell's tax records -- a charge that actually falls on Delaware officials.

In an interview with Fox News on Wednesday, Goldberg erroneously suggested that the IRS had scrutinized O'Donnell's tax records. It wasn't until after the interview that he realized it was Delaware officials, not IRS officials, who allegedly opened up her tax records.

"I went on a bit of a tear about how this is part of wider pattern of IRS bureaucrats working to help Democrats and liberal causes," he wrote. "The leaking of the National Organization for Marriages donor lists. Harry Reid making an issue of Romney’s tax returns, the political intimidation of pro-life groups etc. "

"There’s only one problem: the abuse in the O’Donnell incident was perpetrated by Delaware officials, not IRS officials," he continued. "I’d read the news accounts beforehand, planned to make that distinction clear, and it just went out of my head when I got on air. It’s a very similar violation and potentially driven by the same motives, but it’s an important distinction. I always leave the studio thinking 'I should (or shouldn’t) have said that.' But it’s usually about one-liners or the best points to make. But this is different. I regret the error."

It's important to note that the IRS did in fact place a tax lien on a propery O'Donnell owned the same day she announced her Senate bid, but the IRS eventually said the lien was a computer glitch and had it removed. The unauthorized access and release of her information came from Delaware officials.

During the interview, Fox Host Martha MacCallum made no attempt at correcting Goldberg, though she introduced the topic correctly.

"Let's move on to the Christine O'Donnell tax records because this is a fascinating story to me. Delaware says 'We looked into her based on one newspaper article and we would like to help you out to explain why we did all that but those records seem to have disappeared.' Sounds funny," MacCallum said.

Goldberg said the O'Donnell situation had two possible roots, either a political operation from the top or the culture at the IRS in general. 

"Either this was a political operation from the beginning, run by the White House or political operatives around Barack Obama, which would be a huge scandal. Or, this was basically a freelance operation reflecting upon the culture at the IRS in general which would be almost more disturbing. Here you have one example of many now where the bureaucrats in the IRS seem to have singled out conservatives, controversial conservatives for special attention, special scrutiny and possibly, you know, special punishment."

•  

So, is snooping her tax record right or wrong?

Do oyu think the records pertainingto the "investigation" simply disapeared, or were purposely made to disapear?

Why do you condone of Democrats things that caused you to blame Bush for 8+ years?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [

Do oyu think the records pertainingto the "investigation" simply disapeared, or were purposely made to disapear?

Why do you condone of Democrats things that caused you to blame Bush for 8+ years?

[/QUOTE]

What leads you to believe a Democrat is behind any of this?  O'Donnell primaried against republican Mike Castle, who was a 30 year former governor and Congressman in the state.  The tax probe happened once she announced she was running for Senate against him.  Isn't it possible that Castle or someone in the GOP establishment was behind it?  O'Donnell had plenty of enemies from her own party.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

National Review editor-at-large Jonah Goldberg has apologized for inaccurately accusing the IRS of "snooping" on former Delaware Senate candidate Christine O'Donnell's tax records -- a charge that actually falls on Delaware officials.

In an interview with Fox News on Wednesday, Goldberg erroneously suggested that the IRS had scrutinized O'Donnell's tax records. It wasn't until after the interview that he realized it was Delaware officials, not IRS officials, who allegedly opened up her tax records.

"I went on a bit of a tear about how this is part of wider pattern of IRS bureaucrats working to help Democrats and liberal causes," he wrote. "The leaking of the National Organization for Marriages donor lists. Harry Reid making an issue of Romney’s tax returns, the political intimidation of pro-life groups etc. "

"There’s only one problem: the abuse in the O’Donnell incident was perpetrated by Delaware officials, not IRS officials," he continued. "I’d read the news accounts beforehand, planned to make that distinction clear, and it just went out of my head when I got on air. It’s a very similar violation and potentially driven by the same motives, but it’s an important distinction. I always leave the studio thinking 'I should (or shouldn’t) have said that.' But it’s usually about one-liners or the best points to make. But this is different. I regret the error."

It's important to note that the IRS did in fact place a tax lien on a propery O'Donnell owned the same day she announced her Senate bid, but the IRS eventually said the lien was a computer glitch and had it removed. The unauthorized access and release of her information came from Delaware officials.

During the interview, Fox Host Martha MacCallum made no attempt at correcting Goldberg, though she introduced the topic correctly.

"Let's move on to the Christine O'Donnell tax records because this is a fascinating story to me. Delaware says 'We looked into her based on one newspaper article and we would like to help you out to explain why we did all that but those records seem to have disappeared.' Sounds funny," MacCallum said.

Goldberg said the O'Donnell situation had two possible roots, either a political operation from the top or the culture at the IRS in general. 

"Either this was a political operation from the beginning, run by the White House or political operatives around Barack Obama, which would be a huge scandal. Or, this was basically a freelance operation reflecting upon the culture at the IRS in general which would be almost more disturbing. Here you have one example of many now where the bureaucrats in the IRS seem to have singled out conservatives, controversial conservatives for special attention, special scrutiny and possibly, you know, special punishment."

•  

Isn't she the tea partier who wants to snoop on the what is going on in every American's bedroom ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Isn't she the tea partier who wants to snoop on the what is going on in every American's bedroom ?

Sister, I have no doubt that you remember what the DIs said about excuses in boot camp...

--

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

•  

[/QUOTE]

Is snooping her tax records right, or wrong?

I ask you, Sister, to put down your blind partisanship and recognize an injustice done to those you hate is also an injustice to you.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

[QUOTE]Isn't she the tea partier who wants to snoop on the what is going on in every American's bedroom ?

Sister, I have no doubt that you remember what the DIs said about excuses in boot camp...

--

[/QUOTE]

I just took the beatings with a closed mouth .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

•  

[/QUOTE]

Is snooping her tax records right, or wrong?

I ask you, Sister, to put down your blind partisanship and recognize an injustice done to those you hate is also an injustice to you.

[/QUOTE]

skeeter is the snooping wrong ..... yes it is ....... do we know who did the snooping .... no we don't ........ which one of us placed the blame for the crime ..... you did .... because of your blind partisanship .

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

What leads you to believe a Democrat is behind any of this?

It's Delaware. The Governor, L. Governor, Sec of State, AG, both Senators and it's single Rep are all Democrats.

Hello?

--

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

[

What leads you to believe a Democrat is behind any of this?  O'Donnell primaried against republican Mike Castle, who was a 30 year former governor and Congressman in the state.  The tax probe happened once she announced she was running for Senate against him.  Isn't it possible that Castle or someone in the GOP establishment was behind it?  O'Donnell had plenty of enemies from her own party.

[/QUOTE]

What makes me think a Democrat was behind this?  Deleware, like Massachusetts, is a virtual one party state.  The only positions republicans hold are those that have to do with holding doors.

That, and her eventual opponent, Coons, a Democrat, ran the county governemnt for the country in which this happened.

The investigator: a Democrat?

The boss of the investigator:  Democrat?

The boss's boss, the Treasurer:  A Democrat?

The boss's boss's boss:  the Governeor:  A Democrat?

So, yah, no reason to suspect the Democrats.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]What leads you to believe a Democrat is behind any of this?

It's Delaware. The Governor, L. Governor, Sec of State, AG, both Senators and it's single Rep are all Democrats.

Hello?

--

[/QUOTE]

be careful the whole world thought that Zimmerman looked guilty too !

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Hello?

--

In 2010, when the tax records were accessed, the US Rep was a republican.  The same republican who had the most to lose, and had the most incentive to smear O'Donnell. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I just took the beatings with a closed mouth

And did morale improve?

C'mon, you remember: Excuses are like ********, everyone has one and they all stink.

--

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

In 2010, when the tax records were accessed, the US Rep was a republican.  The same republican who had the most to lose, and had the most incentive to smear O'Donnell.

Call me crazy but I'm thinking that Republican congressmen don't have much juice when it comes to a state government that's dominated by Democrats...

--

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

be careful the whole world thought that Zimmerman looked guilty too !

Only in the community based reality community Sister, the rest of us looked at the evidence.

--

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Call me crazy but I'm thinking that Republican congressmen don't have much juice when it comes to a state government that's dominated by Democrats...

--

That Congressman was also the former governor.  Call me crazy, but I don't think it requires a conspiracy involving numerous levels of stata government to tap into someone's tax records.  It just takes one person with a computer and the right credentials.

Anyway...this is going nowhere, just like O'Donnell's political career.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Must be a "phony scandal"

You mean "likely phony scandal."

--

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

Hello?

--

[/QUOTE]

The lone wolf conspiracy.  A Republican rep convinced the army of Democrats to do this.  RIIIIGHT.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

--

That Congressman was also the former governor.  Call me crazy, but I don't think it requires a conspiracy involving numerous levels of stata government to tap into someone's tax records.  It just takes one person with a computer and the right credentials.

Anyway...this is going nowhere, just like O'Donnell's political career.

[/QUOTE]

goverment employees showing initiative?  That's a laugh.

Governent employees do what they are told.  The guy in question asked his superior if he should look into it.  His superior said yes.  "likely", someone further up the food chain was consulted as well, but, there is always a firewall of plausible deniability with these things.

Sections
Shortcuts