REFORM GUN LAWS NOW.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

REFORM GUN LAWS NOW.

Explain to me why a suburban housewife in an affluent community, living with a "mentally unstable" son, feels the need to and has the right to possess an arsenal of automatic weapons that would equip a small militia or an Al Queda cell?

Explain to me why civilians need to own assault rifles?

Explain to me why we continue to pander to the NRA?

Every other week there is a Mass shooting in the US.

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!

Let the slaughter of 20 innocent children, be the catalyst for change!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

Re: REFORM GUN LAWS NOW.

THE RESPONSE TO THE MASSACRE BY ROBBIE PARKER, THE FATHER OF VICTIM EMILIE  PARKER,  DELIVERED PERHAPS THE MOST HEART WRENCHINGLY BEAUTIFUL TESTIMONIAL/REMEMBRANCE OF HIS DAUGHTER..................

WHAT AN AMAZING MAN TO EXUDE SUCH GRACE, COMPASSION AND SPIRITUALITY  ADMIST OVERWHELMING PERSONAL ANGUISH AND GRIEF!

MY PRAYERS, ROBBIE, ....ARE WITH YOUR FAMILY.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Dear Santa,

With all this violence in society I'd really like an AK47 for Christmas. I would feel safer with it in my home to protect my children.

Thanks Mary

Cookies and milk will be on table.

[/QUOTE]

you're such a dick.  Kids are dead and you're making jokes.

Why do I get the sense that you're attitude would be different if your 6 year old son were killed by multiple gunshots from an Assault rifle.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Guess I went too far. My obtuse point is..

The tragedy makes me want to have a gun. Not the opposite.

[/QUOTE]

Fear leads to the dark side, young padawan....

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from FaolanofEssex. Show FaolanofEssex's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dear Santa,

With all this violence in society I'd really like an AK47 for Christmas. I would feel safer with it in my home to protect my children.

Thanks Mary

[/QUOTE]

Why do I get the sense that you're attitude would be different if your 6 year old son were killed by multiple gunshots from an Assault rifle.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kind of ironic that you would want to own the very thing that caused you fear in the first place.  Also kinda ironic since owning a gun puts you at a greater risk of dying from one.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Democrats had total control of the House and Senate after Obama was elected for TWO years....why didnt they put the assault weapon ban in place then????

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kelldog1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Explain to me why a suburban housewife in an affluent community, living with a "mentally unstable" son, feels the need to and has the right to possess an arsenal of automatic weapons that would equip a small militia or an Al Queda cell?

She has the right to possess such a gun because congress didn't renew the assault weapons ban.

Explain to me why civilians need to own assault rifles?

Because they can....because congress allowed the ban on assualt weapons to lapse

Explain to me why we continue to pander to the NRA?

You'd have to ask congress that question

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Let me add to the why civilians might want to own an "assault" rifle.  If I lived in Chicago on the south side, I would definitely want one, as a pistol is fairly useless in that environment for personal protection.  The bad guys on the south side have no problem getting these types of weapons illegally.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dear Santa,

Thanks Mary

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Kind of ironic that you would want to own the very thing that caused you fear in the first place.  Also kinda ironic since owning a gun puts you at a greater risk of dying from one.

[/QUOTE]

Ironic? Sounds like common sense. Who knows what other crazies are left to wander the streets due to liberal policies?

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

This is the last time I will engage No Mo O . There is something very wrong with you. Your Dear Santa letter was very cruel and replusive. You are a very depraved person and I would like you to know that you are not welcome in any discussion that I start.

Thank You,

Sistersledge

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Getting back to the subject yes we need reform.

The gun show back ground check loop hole must be closed; up to 40% of guns are sold this way.

There should be different levels of permits;

hunters,

enthusiast shooters,

home self defense

carry permits, and the

highest level of collector enthusiasts

Each of these levels would authorize ownership of differenct types of guns and require various levels of training and recertification training including a psych evaluation for the highest level that would include assualt rifles.

It's a citizen's right to possess guns and its the governments obligation to ensure that gun owners are legitmate holders of permits for various types of guns.

Besides ensuring that people with guns are trained and evaluated we do need some restrictions on some guns and magazines matching the level of permit

Only the non-standard magazines above 15 rounds should be restricted to the highest level; these include the 30 round magazine used by the Gabby Giffords shooter and the drums.

We need to keep guns away from those not allowed to have them whether that be due to lack of training, precluded by past felony or the medically and/or pschologically unfit.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Here's a free market solution some conservatives will love:

If you want a conceal/carry permit, fine.  You MUST register your weapons with local law enforcement and clearly indicate which guns may be carried.

Then, by law, you must carry a minimum $1M strict liability insurance policy in case you accidentally discharge the weapon or shoot an innocent bystander while 'defending' yourself.

Same goes if you possess guns in a multi-family dwelling or in a neighborhood in which houses are so close (proximity rule) as to be susceptible to errant gunshots.

Personal responsibility, y'know....

As for assault weapons, limit their ownership to firing ranges/gun clubs only and allow them to be rented (like bowling shoes) if people want to go shoot a few hundred rounds and get their kicks.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me add to the why civilians might want to own an "assault" rifle.  If I lived in Chicago on the south side, I would definitely want one, as a pistol is fairly useless in that environment for personal protection.  The bad guys on the south side have no problem getting these types of weapons illegally.

[/QUOTE]

Stop pretending you know (or care) one whit about Chicago's south side, m'kay.  Your derision toward that community and others like it is well covered.

OTOH, thanks for implying that gun violence is the same whether it's in Newtown, Chicago, L.A., or Nassau County.