REFORM GUN LAWS NOW.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

Re: REFORM GUN LAWS NOW.

Knee jerk reactions to this tragedy do not honor the children in fact they make their death a political opportunity for some!

Prohibiting the sale of assault rifles will not stop people who are determined to kill in masses!!

The real problem is mental health in the US and in part because many states will not put people with known mental illness in the database due to privacy concerns.

This guy didnt buy these guns!!

He would have done as much or more damage with a pump shotgun and a few clips!!

Get real and get serious about the issue and quit using this to promote an agenda!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to NO MO O's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is the last time I will engage No Mo O . There is something very wrong with you. Your Dear Santa letter was very cruel and replusive. You are a very depraved person and I would like you to know that you are not welcome in any discussion that I start.

Thank You,

Sistersledge

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the X-mas present sistah. I hope you live up to promises. I haven't met a dem that does.

I concluded that you are just another naive soul dependent on this corrupt government and you say things for vested financial self interests.

Your denials don't need to become my reality. As this country heads into the abyss of chaos, this family will be able to protect itself.

Have a nice day comrade.

[/QUOTE]

No ability to reflect.  That's Mr. Nomoo.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to FaolanofEssex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Dear Santa,

With all this violence in society I'd really like an AK47 for Christmas. I would feel safer with it in my home to protect my children.

Thanks Mary

Cookies and milk will be on table.

[/QUOTE]

you're such a dick.  Kids are dead and you're making jokes.

Why do I get the sense that you're attitude would be different if your 6 year old son were killed by multiple gunshots from an Assault rifle.

[/QUOTE]

Guess I went too far. My obtuse point is..

The tragedy makes me want to have a gun. Not the opposite.

[/QUOTE]

Kind of ironic that you would want to own the very thing that caused you fear in the first place.  Also kinda ironic since owning a gun puts you at a greater risk of dying from one.

[/QUOTE]

The gun doesn't cause the fear.  The crazies cause the fear.  

Your swipe at a statistic has been debunked often.  One thing to consider is that the oft cited Kellerman study only counts homicides that happen in the gun owners home.  Kinda leads you to a "duh" moment, eh? Excludethe evidence that doesn't support your desired conclusion.

Don't trust these studies completely.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to skeeter20's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Let me add to the why civilians might want to own an "assault" rifle.  If I lived in Chicago on the south side, I would definitely want one, as a pistol is fairly useless in that environment for personal protection.  The bad guys on the south side have no problem getting these types of weapons illegally.

[/QUOTE]

Stop pretending you know (or care) one whit about Chicago's south side, m'kay.  Your derision toward that community and others like it is well covered.

OTOH, thanks for implying that gun violence is the same whether it's in Newtown, Chicago, L.A., or Nassau County. 

[/QUOTE]

Who said I cared?  Just pointing out that gun control doesn't work.  Get with the program.

"As Chicago deals with a surge of murders that, thus far this year, has outpaced that of U.S. troops in Afghanistan, the Chicago Police Department has assigned at least 100 officers to secure the wedding of White House advisor Valerie Jarrett's daughter." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/chicago-homicide-rate-wor_n_1602692.html)

Gun prohibition for the common man, gun protection for the elite.  Is a picture beginning to form in your head?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Let me add to the why civilians might want to own an "assault" rifle.  If I lived in Chicago on the south side, I would definitely want one, as a pistol is fairly useless in that environment for personal protection.  The bad guys on the south side have no problem getting these types of weapons illegally.

[/QUOTE]

Stop pretending you know (or care) one whit about Chicago's south side, m'kay.  Your derision toward that community and others like it is well covered.

OTOH, thanks for implying that gun violence is the same whether it's in Newtown, Chicago, L.A., or Nassau County. 

[/QUOTE]

Who said I cared?  Just pointing out that gun control doesn't work.  Get with the program.

"As Chicago deals with a surge of murders that, thus far this year, has outpaced that of U.S. troops in Afghanistan, the Chicago Police Department has assigned at least 100 officers to secure the wedding of White House advisor Valerie Jarrett's daughter." (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/16/chicago-homicide-rate-wor_n_1602692.html)

Gun prohibition for the common man, gun protection for the elite.  Is a picture beginning to form in your head?

[/QUOTE]

I know you don't care.  You've made that clear. 

But your non sequiturs show that you don't seem to understand it, either.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for clarifying your view.  You don't care about deaths caused by gun violence.  Your ideology says it does not matter.  

And gun control works just fine in other democratic nations.  But your ideology says they are on the "road of tyranny".  Proof?  No need.  Ideology answers all.  It needs no facts.  Safety is tyranny to you.  

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

Here's a link to an article about a school massacre that occurred in Michigan in 1927.

Seems that some of the same themes are being echoed today.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2012/12/18/bath_school_bombing_remembering_the_deadliest_school_massacre_in_american.html

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

The gun doesn't cause the fear.  The crazies cause the fear.  

Your swipe at a statistic has been debunked often.  One thing to consider is that the oft cited Kellerman study only counts homicides that happen in the gun owners home.  Kinda leads you to a "duh" moment, eh? Excludethe evidence that doesn't support your desired conclusion.

Don't trust these studies completely.

[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  I have had my share of dealings with crazies and I am not concerned EXCEPT if I suspect they have a potential of violence.  I have not been threatened by a weapon, but that would raise the stakes considerably.  I can handle a crazy by himself, maybe with a knife, but I am dead if he has an assault rifle.  Those are very real fearful thoughts.  And we teachers think about this issue more than most.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

We made cocaine and heroine illegal around 1903.  Just look at how their usage has decreased.

[/QUOTE]

The jails are full of criminals, obviously laws do not work.  Government is a failure.  Back to the woods.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

thanks for implying that gun violence is the same whether it's in Newtown, Chicago, L.A., or Nassau County. 

-------------------

Rather a gimme

[/QUOTE]

You'd think so, wouldn't you...?

Not according to the gun lobby. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to kelldog1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Here's a link to an article about a school massacre that occurred in Michigan in 1927.

Seems that some of the same themes are being echoed today.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/crime/2012/12/18/bath_school_bombing_remembering_the_deadliest_school_massacre_in_american.html

[/QUOTE]

1927 ?  relevant ?

[/QUOTE]

2nd Amendment.  Written in 1791.  Relevant?

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts