REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.

SURE WOULD EXPLAIN WHY MITT IS SO DETERMINED TO KEEP HIS HIS TAX RETURNS PRIVATE.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.

But he donated 10% of his income to the Mormon Church - who used it to fight gay marriage in California. Yes, yes, yes. He did nothing illegal. So let him serve up his tax routines.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

You moonbat morons have convinced me.
    I did think that Romney should release his tax returns, no big deal.

But now I have changed my mind; obviously it would only feed the class warfare clowns..... tell 'em what the Romney aide said to the leftie journalists.."kiss my a@@"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to "Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.":
    You moonbat morons have convinced me. I did think that Romney should release his tax returns, no big deal.   But now I have changed my mind; obviously it would only feed the class warfare clowns..... tell 'em what the Romney aide said to the leftie journalists.."kiss my a@@" Posted by BetheKoolaid
    You wouldn't be bothered if in fact he didn't pay federal income taxes for 10 years? All of you righties are always saying hw the low income people don't pay income taxes, even though they pay payroll taxes, which Romney doesn't pay.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.:
    In response to "Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.": You wouldn't be bothered if in fact he didn't pay federal income taxes for 10 years? All of you righties are always saying hw the low income people don't pay income taxes, even though they pay payroll taxes, which Romney doesn't .
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

Dingy Harry Reid has zero credibility. Nasty garbage based on anonymous sources... 
    The point is, not that you would listen, is ...whatever the tax system allows for and is legal, is proper for Romney to pay.
    Claiming Romney should pay more than he is legally obligated to,  is absurd.
    Nasty class warfare and hatred of private sector success is beyond pathetic. Despicable.  

Progressives whining about the private sector wealthy, and not supporting a flat fair tax system, are hypocrites of the worst sort.
    Change the tax law, dont expect a wealthy person to donate to the Nanny State, for your welfare check. 

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Okay, 12, let's put your personal CORE check out there for the world to see. Even better, let's do a FBI version of a CORE and put it out there for everyone to see. 
     Think real hard before you say yes, 12, because it will come back to bite you if you have ever done anything in your life and been caught. Your school records, your traffic violations, criminal records (If any), and your entire life would be laid out for the world to see. 
     I'm sure you would agree that this is a violation of your privacy, no? I'm sure you would agree that it would find something that would be considered disagreeable to John Q. Public (if you say no to this then you're a liar). 

You must be at least 35 years of age to be the president. Nobody on this earth can say, with a straight face, that in 35 years they haven't done something that runs afoul of public opinion.
     This is why we are left with choosing the lesser of two evils for POTUS, not someone who can truly fix the problems we face as a nation, because the people that could aren't stupid enough to subject themselves to that kind of scrutiny.

Look at it from an issue of privacy and you'll see where I'm coming from. A person's past is as damning to someone as it is rewarding. John Q. Public, however, only judges you by the bad parts.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

So according to the Huff Post....

WASHINGTON -- Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has what he says is an informed explanation for why Mitt Romney refuses to release additional tax returns. According a Bain investor, Reid charged, Romney didn't pay any taxes for 10 years.

In a wide-ranging interview with The Huffington Post from his office on Capitol Hill, Reid saved some of his toughest words for the presumptive Republican presidential nominee. Romney couldn't make it through a Senate confirmation process as a mere Cabinet nominee, the majority leader insisted, owing to the
    opaqueness of his personal finances.

"His poor father must be so embarrassed about his son," Reid said, in reference to George Romney's standard-setting decision to
    turn over 12 years of tax returns when he ran for president in the late 1960s.

Saying he had "no problem with somebody being really, really wealthy," Reid sat up in his chair a bit before stirring the pot further. A month or so ago, he said, a person who had invested with Bain Capital called his office.

"Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years," Reid recounted the person as saying.

So this this unidentified investor; must be the same one that told Liawatha Warren that she saved capitalism.  Opps, Warren just retracted that yesterday as an over the top comment that she shouldn't have passed on.  The Dems are getting desperate with their lies.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

There are no charges that he didn't file.  Most people have anticipated that he had some embarrassing writeoffs or investments.  But if this is true, it's a political time bomb that he's only amping up by delaying.  And if the goods make it out before the election, especially if not by his doing, he's set himself up.  Meg Whitman didn't register or vote for years before she ran for governor of California.  It came out after her rollout, much of which was about her business acumen and success. It was one of the first albatrosses that sunk her.  This could be worse.  (Though he, like she, would land on his feet in the business world -- she got Carly Fiorina's job.)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

"ALL PERFECTLY LEGAL,... BUT IS IT MORALLY ETHICAL? DO
    WANT A GUY LIKE THAT RUNNING OUR COUNTRY?"

Paying more taxes than you lawfully owe to the US government is not only stupid, it is immoral.

It is also immoral to envy those who are successful. Ever hear of "thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's goods"?
    Not steal, just covet.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

There's one foolproof way to demonstrate that Reid is wrong...

...release the tax returns.

Seems simple enough.  If there's nothing to hide, then why hide it...??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.:
    There's one foolproof way to demonstrate that Reid is wrong... ...release the tax returns. Seems simple enough.  If there's nothing to hide, then why hide it...??
    Posted by MattyScornD

Romney will release the addtional tax years when he get's the most benefit; just like Obama's decision to release the long form birth certificate.

When the issue causes more of a distraction then its worth then it will happen.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kelldog1. Show kelldog1's posts

There's one foolproof way to demonstrate that Reid is wrong... ...release the tax returns. Seems simple enough.  If there's nothing to hide, then why hide it...??
    Posted by MattyScornD

========================================================

AGREE 100%

IF THERE IS NOTHING TO HIDE WHY HIDE IT?

THIS IS BECOMING A HUGE DISTRACTION FOR THE ROMNEY CAMPAIGN.

PUBLIC PRESSURE IS MOUNTING.....

I MEAN WHY ELSE WOULD YOU VISIT POLAND IN THE MIDST OF A PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN?  UNLESS YOU NEEDED TO ESCAPE PUBLIC SCRUTINY OR YOU REALLY CRAVED SOME AUTHENTIC GOLUMPKI !

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to "Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.":
    In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : Romney will release the addtional tax years when he get's the most benefit; just like Obama's decision to release the long form birth certificate.   When the issue causes more of a distraction then its worth then it will happen. Posted by massmoderateJoe
    How about this? He doesnt need to release his tax returns. Just tell us how much he made and how much he paid in taxes. I don't need to see his War and Peace length tax returns. Just the first page and the last page.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : Ummmm, nice rant but one big problem... I'm not running for the most powerful position in the world. Why do you wingnuts have this whacko double standard? All you righty-tighties wail and nash your teeth that Obama wasn't vetted enough by the press but ask for Mittens tax returns for a few years and you lemmings go bonkers. Mittens would be a key player in the tax debate so the tax loopholes he takes advantage of have a direct connection to that debate. The wingnuts threw everything at Obama including the ridiculous Rev Wright. Ya let me know what that has to do with being president. And by the by, in order to be part of spec-ops, I had to meet the requirements for a Top Secret security clearance in addition to a psych test and polygraph...and all those tests had to be retaken periodically. Let me know when Mittens signs up for ONE poly or pysch tests.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men

So, what you're saying is that the POTUS, a US citizen, has absolutely no right to any privacy, public or private. I know the dems want to the throw the constitution out the window so this shouldn't surprise me and yet it does. 
     Alright, if Mitt settles for that then so must Obama, but the problem is that they both have things to hide, and if Obama can hide things, why can't Romney? 
     Obama has never taken a poly or psych test, why should Romney? You can't hold the candidate to a higher standard than the guy currently in the position he wants.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Tradition? Your basing your entire argument on tradition? Oh, please, please tell me people are smarter than this. 

Traditions do not have to be followed. They aren't rules, they're long standing suggestions. If Romney (or Obama) wants to break with tradition then they have every right to. 
     You're complaining that Romney isn't showing his tax returns but then again he doesn't actually have to.
     Throw the traditions out the window and stick with the actual laws concerning campaigning. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I heard from some guy that Harry Reid is a pederast. I wonder why he hasn't addressed this very serious charge?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In response to "Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.": How about this? He doesnt need to release his tax returns. Just tell us how much he made and how much he paid in taxes. I don't need to see his War and Peace length tax returns. Just the first page and the last page.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover

DWL,

I'm amused by the interest in his taxes and once it becomes a real distraction he'll release the info, but we all know that relaeasing the first and last pages won't satisfy anyone as then what is he hiding will come up.  I think he should release his 1040 but no schedules or other supporting info.

The lastests from Harry Reid pulled from Polico

Earlier today, he doubled down on the unsubstantiated claim with reporters in Nevada:

"I am not basing this on some figment of my imagination," Reid said in a telephone call with Nevada reporters. "I have had a number of people tell me that."

Asked to elaborate on his sources, Reid declined. "No, that's the best you're going to get from me."

"I don't think the burden should be on me," Reid said. "The burden should be on him. He's the one I've alleged has not paid any taxes. Why didn't he release his tax returns?"

A Romney spokesman said Reid's charge was baseless and below the belt.

"This is further proof that the president's campaign is willing to say whatever it takes to distract from his economic record, no matter how baseless, unfounded or demonstrably false their attacks are," spokesman Mason Harrison said. "President Obama condemned these kinds of negative attacks in 2008, but like many of the promises he made back then, they have turned out to be just more words."

Funny I always thought the burden was on the accuser to provide some details, or have we become a land of assumed guilt and not innocence.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts