REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.

In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : The fact that you equate those two thing is just another exhibit of your disingenuousness on these kinds of issues. They're not even close to the same thing.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

...and you realize that that is just your opinion.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : Right...Reid never suggested it was illegal for Mittens not to pay taxes.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

From Reid's Huff Puff

"Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years," Reid recounted the person as saying.

Harry Reid recounted (as a matter of fact, not suggested) a statement made by an unnamed Bain Investor that he was told...."Harry, he didn't pay any taxes for 10 years,"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : ...and you realize that that is just your opinion.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

If you think so, but both logically and materially, they are not equivalent.  The comparison makes no sense.

From a purely cultural perspective, there are reasons why the accusations about POTUS' birth are much more sinister and malicious than those of Sen. Reid.

Different ballparks, different games.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : If you think so, but both logically and materially, they are not equivalent.  The comparison makes no sense. From a purely cultural perspective, there are reasons why the accusations about POTUS' birth are much more sinister and malicious than those of Sen. Reid. Different ballparks, different games.

So let's get this straight; its OK for the Senate Pro Tem to repeat unsubstantiated statements that Romney paid no taxes for 10 yrs (without stating it was illegal) all to sully his reputation and build a case that Romney is Gordon Gecko supporting the Dems class warfare platform.  Remember Romney did release his recent tax records, now they want more well you only have to keep your last 7 years.  So this ten year period appears to have ended 10 years ago.

But it not OK to have someone running for the President of the United States to prove he's a citizen.  I believe it should be an obligation to prove you're a legal citizen meeting the requiremnets of the office.  The President could have made this go away in 2008 but it didn't suit his narrative at the time.  The President did finally prove it 3 years after it was asked for by releasing his long form, because an idiot with strange hair got the medias attention, so this is done.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : So let's get this straight; its OK for the Senate Pro Tem to repeat unsubstantiated statements that Romney paid no taxes for 10 yrs (without stating it was illegal) all to sully his reputation and build a case that Romney is Gordon Gecko supporting the Dems class warfare platform.  Remember Romney did release his recent tax records, now they want more well you only have to keep your last 7 years.  So this ten year period appears to have ended 10 years ago. But it not OK to have someone running for the President of the United States to prove he's a citizen.  I believe it should be an obligation to prove you're a legal citizen meeting the requiremnets of the office.  The President could have made this go away in 2008 but it didn't suit his narrative at the time.  The President did finally prove it 3 years after it was asked for by releasing his long form, because an idiot with strange hair got the medias attention, so this is done.

He did prove he's a US citizen born in the good ol USA.  He did it on multiple occassions and some still question it.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

If Romney's done nothing wrong and got nothing to hide then why doesn't he release them?  Wasn't this the argument for invading Iraq?  If Saddam doesn't have WMD's then why won't he let people see for themselves?  If Romney's done nothing wrong, then why won't he do what his dad did and release multiple years of tax returns?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : So let's get this straight; its OK for the Senate Pro Tem to repeat unsubstantiated statements that Romney paid no taxes for 10 yrs (without stating it was illegal) all to sully his reputation and build a case that Romney is Gordon Gecko supporting the Dems class warfare platform.  Remember Romney did release his recent tax records, now they want more well you only have to keep your last 7 years.  So this ten year period appears to have ended 10 years ago. But it not OK to have someone running for the President of the United States to prove he's a citizen.  I believe it should be an obligation to prove you're a legal citizen meeting the requiremnets of the office.  The President could have made this go away in 2008 but it didn't suit his narrative at the time.  The President did finally prove it 3 years after it was asked for by releasing his long form, because an idiot with strange hair got the medias attention, so this is done.

I didn't say anything was "OK".  Reid is an idiot for blindly quoting hearsay as anything but. 

I just said that the two accusations are distinct enough to make your comparison both puerile and unconvincing.

That you still think the birth certificate issue was somehow unresolved beyond 2008 (and still is among the gop crackpot caucus) just proves my point.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : I didn't say anything was "OK".  Reid is an idiot for blindly quoting hearsay as anything but.  I just said that the two accusations are distinct enough to make your comparison both puerile and unconvincing. That you still think the birth certificate issue was somehow unresolved beyond 2008 (and still is among the gop crackpot caucus) just proves my point.

OK, we agree on Reid being an idiot, and I think you might likely agree that Trump is also an idiot.

Just because the the two accusations are distinct enough?, ...distinctly different I assume is what you mean, doesn't mean comparisons can't be drawn, any other assumption is purely a callow display of logic.

Romney's tax problem will last until he provides his taxes, and then the back up and then who knows what will be wanted, and that's because of the class war of being different that is being waged against him.

Obama had a problem with his worldly differences that created a need to display his citizen status; first whispered by the Clinton camp.  He made a decision to incrementally respond to this (much like Romney and his taxes); with a short form certificate, then newspaper announcements, then as this simmered he ignored the rumbles and whispers because they hurt him less then the outrage empowered his supporters (much like Romney); until it was highlighted to a distracting level by Trump and only then did he bother to release his long form certificate.

You see although they are distinct they are similar.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : OK, we agree on Reid being an idiot, and I think you might likely agree that Trump is also an idiot. Just because the the two accusations are distinct enough?, ...distinctly different I assume is what you mean, doesn't mean comparisons can't be drawn, any other assumption is purely a callow display of logic. Romney's tax problem will last until he provides his taxes, and then the back up and then who knows what will be wanted, and that's because of the class war of being different that is being waged against him. Obama had a problem with his worldly differences that created a need to display his citizen status; first whispered by the Clinton camp.  He made a decision to incrementally respond to this (much like Romney and his taxes); with a short form certificate, then newspaper announcements, then as this simmered he ignored the rumbles and whispers because they hurt him less then the outrage empowered his supporters (much like Romney); until it was highlighted to a distracting level by Trump and only then did he bother to release his long form certificate. You see although they are distinct they are similar.

No, they're not even similar.

First, there is no qualitative difference between the info on the 'short' or 'long' birth certificates.  The former was more than sufficient and should have closed the matter, period.  Pursuing it after the election was insulting and degrading, and there should have been no need to "respond" to anyone.  He already had the job.

And there is indeed a larger issue when extreme partisans, fueled by racism, demand to see a minority american's "papers".  It's humiliating and echoes previous cultural failings that those same partisans can't seem to let go of.  (Same goes for voter ID and non-existent voter fraud, btw)  They bypassed his character completely and questioned his very identity.  If you don't see that, then I can't help you understand why you're wrong.

Romney's self-described expertise is in finance.  His business record and tax policies speak volumes to that expertise, so it's not out of line to ask if he's playing by the rules. (and not just rich peoples' rules)  It doesn't help that he's extremely cagey about taxes, paying, "exactly what was due and not a penny more."  Tone deafness.  And he's still interviewing for the job.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I read that Romney created a charitable trust and made a huge contribution to it a few years ago - something like $5 million.  He uses the trust to pay his annual Tithe to the church as well as other charitable donations.

I'm not sure about the $5 million - I read where the trust has $10 million in assets.  I'm not sure if that means the $5 million he originally contributed to it grew in value, that he's made additional contributions, or if the original contribution was more than $5 million.

The creation of the trust was set up for tax purposes.  Not illegal.  Pretty smart, in fact, as long as you don't plan to run for President and people are going to expect you to release several years of tax returns.

I think some question was raised about his residency during his run for Governor because he named an address in Utah as his primary Residence, which saved him a bunch in proerty taxes. 

The dude is obsessed with minimizing his tax bill.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: REID CLAIMS THAT ROMNEY PAID ZERO INCOME TAX IN MUCH OF THE PAST DECADE. : Hey spanky, this ain't a court of law and he didn't accuse Mittens of breaking said law. He is speculating, nothing more.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

Have you stopped beating your wife yet 12?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BobinVa. Show BobinVa's posts

[QUOTE] The dude is obsessed with minimizing his tax bill.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

Do you pay more in taxes than you lawfully owe? 
    If the answer is no, you too are "obsessed" with minimizing your tax bill.

Whether or not Romney releases his tax returns, the Obama campaign and the media (but I repeat myself) will be barking at his heels, to deflect from what Obama has accomplished: "the worst economic recovery in US history".