Remember which party likes forced medically unnecessary trans-vaginal ultrasounds. Guess how they attack Obamacare

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Remember which party likes forced medically unnecessary trans-vaginal ultrasounds. Guess how they attack Obamacare

I wonder when some of these folks figure out that so-called Obamacare will never be de-funded or destroyed...

...and start bringing viable solutions to the house floor to make the law better.

Instead, they want to throw the baby, the bathwater and the whole kitchen sink over the cliff.  What a waste.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Re: Remember which party likes forced medically unnecessary trans-vaginal ultrasounds. Guess how they attack Obamacare

Maybe if they spent more time upfront writing this god awful bill, it wouldn't be in such a need of a major over hal and a call for de-funding. But the 2010 elections were coming fast, and there was no time to waste. Right Nancy???

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'm wondering if the people that produced the commercial are the exact same people that were for ultrasounds or even if they overlap in any way. Do you know?

Or does it even matter cuz they're Republicans and whatever man, war on women you know what I mean?

--

Think for yourself, question authority.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

nobody needs to attack Obamacare....it's doing a great job all by itself as a disaster....when the unions are protesting a dem idea that THEY supported, you know its not good....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to newman09's comment:

Maybe if they spent more time upfront writing this god awful bill, it wouldn't be in such a need of a major over hal and a call for de-funding. But the 2010 elections were coming fast, and there was no time to waste. Right Nancy???

What's so "god awful" about it?    

Millions of americans are covered now where they were denied previously.

Repubs are calling for de-funding because they want to deny health care to people they feel don't deserve it.  Their fiscal excuses are mostly red herrings.

Over a year was spent debating the ACA...on top of public debates which had occurred for decades prior that warned - explicitly - about the rising costs of health care.  Politicians on both sides punted for way too long.  Now, it's time to pay the piper one way or another.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:

nobody needs to attack Obamacare....it's doing a great job all by itself as a disaster....when the unions are protesting a dem idea that THEY supported, you know its not good....

Tell that to the people who now have insurance who were denied earlier.

The law is working and will continue to do so as it's phased in.

Repubs have ZERO alternative and thus want to throw all of these new enrollees off of their coverage and into the streets.

When the majority of the least productive House in history opposes it out-of-hand, you know they're scared.  

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

you are right the repubs have zero alternatives..they blow too....you and i are lucky..neither of us have lost our jobs and healthcare because of obamacare....its a disaster...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

The law is working...liberals made no secret that the purpose of ObamaCare was to destroy the private sector health care industry, leading inevitably to single payer Government health care..the more of a train wreck ObamaCare is, the sooner the "crisis" would result in a Government takeover.

So ObamaCare is working!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"That's right. They will happily try to impede exercise of a constitutional right by requiring medically unnecessary invasive vaginal procedures."

An ultrasound is a medically necessary procedure before an abortion, even Planned Parenthood acknowledges that.

It is needed to determine the viability of the fetus, and whether other medical problems exist.

You deny that?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

What's so "god awful" about it? My bad....everything is just fine!

The federal government's own bookkeepers have once again determined that President Obama's so-called "Affordable" Care Act is driving up overall health spending. In the lead-up to the law's passage, Obama and his Democratic allies promised the American people that the new measure would have the opposite effect, bending down the "cost curve." Not even close:

The nation's health care spending will jump by 6.1 percent next year as the big coverage expansion in President Barack Obama's overhaul kicks in, government experts predicted Wednesday. That's more than 2 percentage points higher than the growth rate forecast for this year, and compares with a growth rate that has hovered under 4 percent, historically low, for the past four years. Much of the increase projected for next year is attributed to the new health care program... Without it, the estimated growth would be 4.5 percent, according to the report Wednesday from Medicare's Office of the Actuary. The findings were published online by the journal Health Affairs.

Re-read the sentence in bold font. Without Obamacare, national health spending would be projected to increase 4.5 percent. Not great, obviously, but comparable to the recent historical average. Now that the law -- again, which was billed as a cost-reduction endeavor -- is going into effect, that number has jumped to over six percent. According to the report, the acceleration is equivalent to a $621 billion jump in cumulative health spending over the next decade, compared to what it would have been in the absence of Obamacare's "affordability." That's a substantial increase over last year's estimate of $478 billion in extra expenditures. The new CMS data layers on top of CBO's latest projections that health costs will explode and "overwhelm" the budget over the next 25 years, further laying waste to the president's assurances. Yet just this week, Obama -- utterly unconcerned with empirical evidence -- pressed ahead with the claim that his law is containing costs:

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

[QUOTE]

The law is working...liberals made no secret that the purpose of ObamaCare was to destroy the private sector health care industry, leading inevitably to single payer Government health care..the more of a train wreck ObamaCare is, the sooner the "crisis" would result in a Government takeover.

So ObamaCare is working!

[/QUOTE]

Except that's not happening.  The health care sector is stronger than ever and one of the few that's been hiring over the past 5 years.

Companies like mine have created dozens of good-paying, private sector IT jobs to help coordinate implementation of the law and manage the systems for years going forward.

(I've cameo-ed on one of these projects myself since it took time to fill the position.)

Who on earth said "the purpose of Obamacare was to destroy the private sector health care industry"...??

Please provide said quote or eat your words....

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

What's so "god awful" about it? My bad....everything is just fine!

The federal government's own bookkeepers have once again determined that President Obama's so-called "Affordable" Care Act is driving up overall health spending. In the lead-up to the law's passage, Obama and his Democratic allies promised the American people that the new measure would have the opposite effect, bending down the "cost curve." Not even close:

The nation's health care spending will jump by 6.1 percent next year as the big coverage expansion in President Barack Obama's overhaul kicks in, government experts predicted Wednesday. That's more than 2 percentage points higher than the growth rate forecast for this year, and compares with a growth rate that has hovered under 4 percent, historically low, for the past four years. Much of the increase projected for next year is attributed to the new health care program... Without it, the estimated growth would be 4.5 percent, according to the report Wednesday from Medicare's Office of the Actuary. The findings were published online by the journal Health Affairs.

Re-read the sentence in bold font. Without Obamacare, national health spending would be projected to increase 4.5 percent. Not great, obviously, but comparable to the recent historical average. Now that the law -- again, which was billed as a cost-reduction endeavor -- is going into effect, that number has jumped to over six percent. According to the report, the acceleration is equivalent to a $621 billion jump in cumulative health spending over the next decade, compared to what it would have been in the absence of Obamacare's "affordability." That's a substantial increase over last year's estimate of $478 billion in extra expenditures. The new CMS data layers on top of CBO's latest projections that health costs will explode and "overwhelm" the budget over the next 25 years, further laying waste to the president's assurances. Yet just this week, Obama -- utterly unconcerned with empirical evidence -- pressed ahead with the claim that his law is containing costs:

I never said it was perfect, and nobody said it would be easy.  Sea changes never are.

Spending is up because more people are on the rolls paying for health care services and coverages have improved - giving access to services which were previously denied or simply not covered.

This is contrary to the claim that the law is "destroying the private HC sector", btw.  Of course, there's a big difference between spending and costs.

Even better, both patients and doctors are waking up to the issues of quality in health care, making more prudent choices and becoming better consumers of services.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

[QUOTE]

Companies like mine have created dozens of good-paying, private sector IT jobs to help coordinate implementation of the law and manage the systems for years going forward.

(I've cameo-ed on one of these projects myself since it took time to fill the position.)

Now I see why your all for keeping things moving along.Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Now I see why your all for keeping things moving along.Wink

My company provides services within many verticals; health care is only one of them.  (I work in utilities myself, but I'm a team player.)

Point taken, however.

It's also another reason why the law can't be de-funded.  Think of all the jobs the GOP would try to kill...and with no other alternative of their own....

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

I'll become more concerned about when I start seeing BDC conservatives start calling out other BDC conservatives for over-generalizations about liberals/Dems.

Taking the high road eh?

So, to recap, all Republicans are hypocrites because some of them wanted prospective abortion clients to have an ultrasound while others are claiming Obamacare represents government intrusion into the collective American uteri.

Sure. I'll buy that.

--

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

So ObamaCare is working!

Except that's not happening.  The health care sector is stronger than ever and one of the few that's been hiring over the past 5 years.

Who on earth said "the purpose of Obamacare was to destroy the private sector health care industry"...??

August 2013:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is predicting those [Obamacare] plans, and the whole system of distributing them, will eventually be moot.

Reid said he thinks the country has to “work our way past” insurance-based health care during a Friday night appearance on Vegas PBS’ program “Nevada Week in Review.”

“What we’ve done with Obamacare is have a step in the right direction, but we’re far from having something that’s going to work forever,” Reid said.

When then asked by panelist Steve Sebelius whether he meant ultimately the country would have to have a health care system that abandoned insurance as the means of accessing it, Reid said: “Yes, yes. Absolutely, yes.”

The idea of introducing a single-payer national health care system to the United States, or even just a public option, sent lawmakers into a tizzy back in 2009, when Reid was negotiating the health care bill.

“We had a real good run at the public option … don’t think we didn’t have a tremendous number of people who wanted a single-payer system

"Single Payer: when you have to ask your congressman to put your Mother on the list for a new hip – and he checks your party affiliation and donation history before he agrees."

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

So ObamaCare is working!

August 2013:

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid is predicting those [Obamacare] plans, and the whole system of distributing them, will eventually be moot.

Reid said he thinks the country has to “work our way past” insurance-based health care during a Friday night appearance on Vegas PBS’ program “Nevada Week in Review.”

“What we’ve done with Obamacare is have a step in the right direction, but we’re far from having something that’s going to work forever,” Reid said.

When then asked by panelist Steve Sebelius whether he meant ultimately the country would have to have a health care system that abandoned insurance as the means of accessing it, Reid said: “Yes, yes. Absolutely, yes.”

The idea of introducing a single-payer national health care system to the United States, or even just a public option, sent lawmakers into a tizzy back in 2009, when Reid was negotiating the health care bill.

“We had a real good run at the public option … don’t think we didn’t have a tremendous number of people who wanted a single-payer system

[/QUOTE]

He said that a month ago.  And it's neither a prediction nor an exclamation of killing the "entire private health care sector"...just the insurance part.

Even in single-payer systems, the private health care sector thrives just like other govt contractor - like Lockheed and Boeing - do now.  There will always be a market for people who want elite health care.

Fortunately, now there will be a market for people who just want to keep from getting sick to the point where they lose their house and job.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

What's so "god awful" about it?    

Millions of americans are covered now where they were denied previously.

Repubs are calling for de-funding because they want to deny health care to people they feel don't deserve it.  Their fiscal excuses are mostly red herrings.

Over a year was spent debating the ACA...on top of public debates which had occurred for decades prior that warned - explicitly - about the rising costs of health care.  Politicians on both sides punted for way too long.  Now, it's time to pay the piper one way or another.

[/QUOTE]

Mostly red herrings?

unlike your constant prattling about how people are denied healthcare. No one, NO ONE in this country was denied access to health care before Obamcare.

Obamacare is likely to make that red herring from the left true.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Oh wow, this whole thing where you make things and attribute them to someone else is fun!

It is, and it's a common tactic used by both the President and many of his supporters.

I have to tell you though, this time it was inadvertent. So, why don't you summarize your essential point so I can see how far off the mark I was.

--

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Obviously I'm not saying ALL Republicans support both. Do you doubt that at least some support both?

Beats me man, I'm just trying to summarize your point as accurately as I can. I'm sure that you're right, at least some of them support both things. Sort of like how some male Democrats support women's rights while simultaneously regularly harassing them. Hey, stuff happens right?

--

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

[QUOTE]

So ObamaCare is working!

[/QUOTE]

Destroy private sector health insurance..??? You must be joking. "Obamacare" does the exact opposite...thus the reason why many on the far left oppose it as well.

Sections
Shortcuts