Reporters Push Back on Obama's Attempt to Control Media, Manage Questions

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Xaphius. Show Xaphius's posts

Reporters Push Back on Obama's Attempt to Control Media, Manage Questions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fh5vzOAEQ-A&feature=related

"The point is the control from here. We have never had that in the White House. And we have had some control but not this control. I mean I'm amazed, I'm amazed at you people who call for openness and transparency and have controlled..." veteran White House reporter Helen Thomas said Wednesday.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ohhhhh-Bammy. Show Ohhhhh-Bammy's posts

Re: Reporters Push Back on Obama's Attempt to Control Media, Manage Questions

I don't think Helen will be fielding any front row questions from the big guy anytime soon. Now to me... that's open and very transparent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

What's transparent to me is that Obama expects you to believe everything he says simply because he says it. He has all the appearance of a man who believes that, because to this point the media at large has not called him to task for his inconsistencies, that he is above reproach. He appears to believe his own press clippings and we can only hope that eventually it will come back to haunt him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Xaphius. Show Xaphius's posts

In Response to Re: Reporters Push Back on Obama's Attempt to Control Media, Manage Questions:
    [QUOTE]What's transparent to me is that Obama expects you to believe everything he says simply because he says it. He has all the appearance of a man who believes that, because to this point the media at large has not called him to task for his inconsistencies, that he is above reproach. He appears to believe his own press clippings and we can only hope that eventually it will come back to haunt him.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]

At a BBQ this past Saturday, I ended up in a heated debate with a die-hard Obama supporter.  Even though I've known this woman very well for over 20 years, when she found out that I don't support or trust Obama, she nearly flipped her lid.  She threw out every empty headed barb I've ever seen on any message board - you would have thought I just got caught strangling her cat...

The man is a demagogue.  I don't care if anyone thinks he meant to be, but he is.  (and I DO think he meant to be).  He is practically a religious figure to millions of people, who still are completely incapable of criticising him for the exact same behaviors for which they considered Bush the Devil.

(oh - Greg will like this one - they tossed out the line about Bush not allowing photos of dead american soldiers - which was not only strange on account of the fact that I never voted for Bush, and we weren't talking about Bush - but also, was a CLINTON decision - classic self foist)

It truly frightens me sometimes how rigidly people cling to this man, as if he is literally a savior.... when a man can do know wrong, he'll do it.