Republican leaders asked to speak at March on Washington anniversary, declined

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Republican leaders asked to speak at March on Washington anniversary, declined

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2013/08/28/1234584/-Republican-leaders-asked-to-speak-at-March-on-Washington-anniversary-declined?detail=email

Why don't the republicans like black people?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

Re: Republican leaders asked to speak at March on Washington anniversary, declined

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:

Dunno...maybe same reason they hate clean water, clean air, the elderly, children, small fury animals, Prius's, work towards curing cancer, handicapped people, etc.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Re: Republican leaders asked to speak at March on Washington anniversary, declined

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Dunno...maybe same reason they hate clean water, clean air, the elderly, children, small fury animals, Prius's, work towards curing cancer, handicapped people, etc.

Good point. We could also add veterans to that question.............

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

ABC News:

Republican Party officials reached out to organizers of this week’s March on Washington commemoration with a series of suggestions for possible GOP speakers, but several of the people they recommended were never contacted with invitations to speak, according to Republican National Committee officials.

Miscommunication and lack of coordination appear to have played a role in at least some of the invites not going out to Republican office-holders. Event organizers say they assumed Sen. Tim Scott, R-S.C., couldn’t attend, based on a failure to RSVP to an earlier, more general invitation. But his office says he was never actually invited to speak, and he may have been able to attend if he was formally invited.

More than half a dozen different prominent Republicans were invited to speak, but several of the invitations went out quite late in the planning. All sent their regrets.

Regardless of the motivations, the result was that an ostensibly non-partisan program on the steps of the Lincoln Memorial took on a political edge. Heated comments on affirmative action, gun rights, and racial discrimination in law enforcement echoed from the podium, with none of the 30-plus speakers – a list that included all three living Democratic presidents — representing a Republican point of view.

That’s not a tone that members of the King family and other groups involved in organizing the day wanted. And Republican Party officials, intent on reaching out to minority voters and with a large television audience tuning in to the 50th anniversary events, say they didn’t want the GOP to go unrepresented, either.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to FortySixAndTwo's comment:

Good point. We could also add veterans to that question.............

Yes of course...how silly of me to forget veterans. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

Because they can vote.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Bill O'Reilly apologized Thursday night for his erroneous comments about the 50th anniversary celebrations of the March on Washington the previous day.

O'Reilly had complained that no Republicans had been invited to the event. In fact, many, including both living Republican presidents, John McCain, Jeb Bush and John Boehner had been asked to attend. All declined for various reasons.

O'Reilly admitted that he had been wrong.

"The mistake? Entirely on me," he said. "I simply assumed ... Republicans were excluded."

He advised viewers to "always check out the facts when you make a definitive statement, and added that he was "sorry I made that mistake."

------------------------------------

No word yet on whether his viewers believe his apology, as the lie was more appealing to them.

A quote from Mark Twain seems appropriate here (and for so much of the right wing strategy) : "A lie can travel halfway around the world while the truth is still putting on its shoes."

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

No word yet on whether his viewers believe his apology, as the lie was more appealing to them.

Not sure if these are your words or from the article you read? Either way the assumption republicans prefer to believe a lie over righting the truth is pathetic. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

If what you say is true then why are so many on these boards wasting so many pixels trying to dispute a settled point: The R's were invited but they refused to attend.

CLC being "so many" apparently

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

In response to A_Concerned_Citizen's comment:

In response to newman09's comment:

Not sure if these are your words or from the article you read? Either way the assumption republicans prefer to believe a lie over righting the truth is pathetic. 

If what you say is true then why are so many on these boards wasting so many pixels trying to dispute a settled point: The R's were invited but they refused to attend.

My reply was on the quote italicized, I think you missunderstood.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

ABC:

"One Republican aide likened the late flurry of invites to “unvitations,” the “Seinfeld”-inspired practice of inviting someone to an event with the knowledge that they won’t attend.

That accusation doesn’t sit well with those who put the event together. The lack of Republicans was a disappointment to event organizers, up to and including members of the King family, said Donna Brazile, a veteran Democratic strategist who was tasked by event organizers with helping line up a Republican for the program."

Brazile certainly messed up, then didnt she?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Either way the assumption republicans prefer to believe a lie over righting the truth is pathetic. 

Maybe if I'm more specific.

If your statement above is true, then why are so many on these boards wasting so many pixels trying to dispute a settled point:

The R's were invited but they refused to attend.

I hear you, but I am comenting on this statement.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Either way the assumption republicans prefer to believe a lie over righting the truth is pathetic. 

If your statement above is true, then why are so many on these boards wasting so many pixels trying to dispute a settled point:

You are a vicious hater of Republicans, arent you? That GOP kid who stole your lunchbox in first grade really messed up your head.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

In response to ComingLiberalCrackup's comment:

You are a vicious hater of Republicans, arent you? That GOP kid who stole your lunchbox in first grade really messed up your head.

Next he's going to cry about his posts being deleted. Meanwhile mine and others' posts get deleted without so much as a complaint. He talks a big game about being tough yet cries when his insult-laden posts get removed. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

"If you did you would have seen this update:

"UPDATE: As Roll Call first reported, Sen. Scott’s office did respond to the request to attend the event by noting that he would be in South Carolina that day and would be “unable to attend.” On August 9, a Scott aide replied to what appears to have been a form e-mail invitation sent to all members of Congress: “Thank you for extending to Senator Tim Scott the invitation to the 50th Anniversary of the March on Washington on August 28th. Unfortunately, the Senator will be in South Carolina during this time, so he will be unable to attend the event. Please do, however, keep him in mind for future events you may be hosting.” http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2013/08/gop-official-march-on-washington-organizers-ignored-suggestions/'

Of course, just attending the event, and being asked to speak from the podium,  are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS.

Just being invited to attend, Sen. Tim Scott had other plans. If they invited him as a prominent speaker, he would have attended.

But keep on hatin', airborne, that is your thing.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from FortySixAndTwo. Show FortySixAndTwo's posts

"Heh, heh, heh... says the dipstick who constantly plays the victim card, this being just latest example of you throwing p00p that ends up on your face."

The irony is astounding....heh heh heh

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from newman09. Show newman09's posts

Judging by the efforts just on these boards to keep the lie alive, then it's pretty obvious that the statement had a lot of truth to it.

Well I beleive there were efforts made to include all, how much an effort we don't know.

Pathetic statement though that Fox viewers may not accept O'Reillys correction and apology because the initial misquote is more appealing to the Fox viewers beliefs.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Judging by the efforts just on these boards to keep the lie alive, then it's pretty obvious that the statement had a lot of truth to it.

Well I beleive there were efforts made to include all, how much an effort we don't know.

Pathetic statement though that Fox viewers may not accept O'Reillys correction and apology because the initial misquote is more appealing to the Fox viewers beliefs.  

There are so many lies coming out of the Republicans these days that I have to consider that they aren't "lies" and that they truly believe the garbage they are spitting out.

Perhaps a psychologist could weigh in here...if there are any on this board.

Is there such a thing as mass hysteria where millions become so enthralled with an ideology that they all delude themselves to the point of collectively disconnecting with reality?

Sections
Shortcuts