Republicans Vote To Repeal Obama-Backed Bill That Would Destroy Asteroid Headed For Earth

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Republicans Vote To Repeal Obama-Backed Bill That Would Destroy Asteroid Headed For Earth

The funny part is that Obama defunded NASA and turned it into a Muslim outreach organization.  So, like anything funny, there is always a thread of truth in it, that's what makes it funny.

But, I'll tell you this:  If that asteroid hits and wipes me out, I'm gonna be real mad.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: Republicans Vote To Repeal Obama-Backed Bill That Would Destroy Asteroid Headed For Earth

I'm opposed to the destruction of the earth due to asteroid. I suppose you can say I'm anti-asteroid. Hey, do you suppose that if we protest and petition the government we can end the asteroid threat in our time?

Hey Ho!
    Asteroids have got to go!

Visualize asteroid-free space!

Asteroids are not healthy for children and other living things!

Make love, not rocky iron/nickle Sun-orbiting objects!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

In Response to Republicans Vote To Repeal Obama-Backed Bill That Would Destroy Asteroid Headed For Earth:
    [QUOTE]In a strong rebuke of President Obama and his domestic agenda, all 242 House Republicans voted Wednesday to repeal the Asteroid Destruction and American Preservation Act, which was signed into law last year to destroy the immense asteroid currently hurtling toward Earth. The $440 billion legislation, which would send a dozen high-thrust plasma impactor probes to shatter the massive asteroid before it strikes the planet, would affect more than 300 million Americans and is strongly opposed by the GOP. "The voters sent us to Washington to stand up for individual liberty, not big government," Rep. Steve King (R-IA) said at a press conference. "Obama's plan would take away citizens' fundamental freedoms, forcing each of us into hastily built concrete bunkers and empowering the federal government to ration our access to food, water, and potassium iodide tablets while underground." "This law is a job killer," said Rep. Virginia Foxx (R-NC), who argued the tax increases required to save the human species from annihilation would impose unbearably high costs on businesses. "If we sit back and do nothing, Obamastroid will result in hundreds of thousands of lost jobs, which we simply can't afford in this economy." http://www.theonion.com/articles/republicans-vote-to-repeal-obamabacked-bill-that-w,19025/ That pretty much sums up the whacko wingnut position quite succinctly.
    Posted by 12-Angry-Men[/QUOTE]

It's all true, Obama want's 440,000,000,000 in additional spending NOW even though it will be 2.5 million light years before the asteroid makes impact!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

The GOP is just trying to ensure that man is not responsible for universe climate change.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WIIN12AM. Show WIIN12AM's posts

There's no need for a bill when we got Harry Stamper and his crew ready to go.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RevWright. Show RevWright's posts

Sorry Devall..

Asteroids.. Change we CAN believe in !

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from WIIN12AM. Show WIIN12AM's posts

The article he posted is from The Onion. It's a joke article.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

My favorite is the last one. Republicans have become a parody of themselves.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

In Response to Re: Republicans Vote To Repeal Obama-Backed Bill That Would Destroy Asteroid Headed For Earth:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Republicans Vote To Repeal Obama-Backed Bill That Would Destroy Asteroid Headed For Earth : So was my post.  Think of the asteroid as rising sea levels and increasingly violent weather patterns, and you will start to chuckle.
    Posted by slomag[/QUOTE]

Sure it was.....

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

"All satire contains an element of truth..."

Thanks heavens for The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Obama could introduce a bill to rescue kittens, and the gop would probably vote to repeal it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Republicans Vote To Repeal Obama-Backed Bill That Would Destroy Asteroid Headed For Earth:
    [QUOTE]I'm opposed to the destruction of the earth due to asteroid. I suppose you can say I'm anti-asteroid. Hey, do you suppose that if we protest and petition the government we can end the asteroid threat in our time? Hey Ho! Asteroids have got to go! Visualize asteroid-free space! Asteroids are not healthy for children and other living things! Make love, not rocky iron/nickle Sun-orbiting objects!
    Posted by StalkingButler[/QUOTE]

Hey, be serious now.

If asteroids are outlawed, then only outlaws will have asteroids.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]The article he posted is from The Onion. It's a joke article.
    Posted by WIIN12AM[/QUOTE]

No! its real.  You can't fool me.... DOH!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

Shaking my head.

If you're going to argue to destroy an asteroid, at least argue to do it in a way that doesn't kill the planet. Splitting it into smaller pieces still destroys the human race, if not the planet.

The saddest part of this is, even if you could give the government 440,000,000,000, it wouldn't pay off the national debt.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dazydo. Show dazydo's posts

Wait, has Rachel Madcow wieghed in on this?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

[QUOTE]"All satire contains an element of truth..." Thanks heavens for  The Onion - America's Finest News Source Obama could introduce a bill to rescue kittens, and the gop would probably vote to repeal it.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

"All satire contains an element of truth"

U.S. Authorities Can't Really Fault Al-Qaeda For Deadly Bombing Of Carnival Cruise Ship

'Those Things Represent Everything That's Wrong With America,' Officials Say

http://www.theonion.com/articles/us-authorities-cant-really-fault-alqaeda-for-deadl,19105/

WASHINGTON—Following Monday's deadly terrorist attack on a Carnival Cruise Line ship, U.S. officials have had difficulty issuing a stern condemnation of the incident, saying that while any act of terrorism is inexcusable, they couldn't completely blame al-Qaeda for wanting to blow up what is essentially a giant, floating symbol of everything that is truly god-awful about America.

The ship, a 15-deck, $740 million vessel that slowly traveled up and down the Atlantic Ocean while its passengers continuously ate and drank—referred to by Carnival as a "fun ship"—was destroyed in an act U.S. authorities have said is "not completely senseless" and "actually makes a pretty solid point about American excess run amuck."

Heh.