Right to repair - NO assisted suicide - Medicinal weed: All Good, but...

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

Re: Right to repair - NO assisted suicide - Medicinal weed: All Good, but...

Why shouldn't it be taxed...?

Prescription and OTC drug sales taxes already exist in several states.   (MA is not one of them, btw.)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Why not tax it?  One of the big pushes for legalization in Colorado and Washington is that there is revenue to be generated by leagalizing Marijuana.  It is already a massive industry, it is becoming increasingly mainstream and decriminalized, so what is the harm in states taking advantage of it.  Instead of spending money enforcing antiquated Marijuana laws, make money off Marijuana. 

If you don't want to pay taxes on it, I'm sure you will still be able to purchase it illegally or you can grow a few plants of your own. 

I get that "revenue" is a dirty word for the FoxNews Crowd but the reality is we just had a presidential election in which 1 candidate said "increase revenue" the other said "decrease revenue".  You may not like it but the fact that the guy who said "increase revenue" won, means the people have spoken.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Back during prohibition, a person could get a perscription for booze from a Doctor and get it filled at the local drug store.

Don't tax medicinal weed, but make all weed legal and tax it big time.  Same with prostitution.  Of course, when I say make prostitution legal, I'm mean a heavily regulated business with minimum age requirements and health certification.

Let them sell weed the same way alcohol is sold.  Limit the number of licenses to sell weed like they do licquor licenses.

While they are at it, slap a tax on sugar and ear mark the revenue for community fitness programs, including playgrounds, sports facilities, school sports, adult sports leagues, etc.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

In response to Thesemenarecowards' comment:

Why not tax it?  One of the big pushes for legalization in Colorado and Washington is that there is revenue to be generated by leagalizing Marijuana.  It is already a massive industry, it is becoming increasingly mainstream and decriminalized, so what is the harm in states taking advantage of it.  Instead of spending money enforcing antiquated Marijuana laws, make money off Marijuana. 

If you don't want to pay taxes on it, I'm sure you will still be able to purchase it illegally or you can grow a few plants of your own. 

I get that "revenue" is a dirty word for the FoxNews Crowd but the reality is we just had a presidential election in which 1 candidate said "increase revenue" the other said "decrease revenue".  You may not like it but the fact that the guy who said "increase revenue" won, means the people have spoken.

We don't tax prescriptions here.  This is the camel's nose, and the point

I don't think most states tax Prescriptions but I know in some states with medicinal Marijuana it is taxed.  The larger point is that it is a billion dollar industry, that is going to exist legal or illiegal.  So it seems sensible to legalize and tap into this potential revenue source.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

Why shouldn't it be taxed...?

Prescription and OTC drug sales taxes already exist in several states.   (MA is not one of them, btw.)

MA is not one of them, btw.)      

That would be why.

Correction: OTC drugs ARE taxed in MA; scripts are not.

I take your point as saying that if all prescription drugs are not taxed, then neither should medical pot.

So, is medical pot truly a prescription drug, or is it more of a recommended drug?  Because a doctor can advise a patient to use OTC claritin, which is in turn taxed.

It will probably hinge upon who runs the medical pot concessions, no?

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

Anyways, back to the thread topic. I'm all for legalizing all weed usage, not just for medicinal purposes. I'm also for taxing it, mainly because I don't care since I don't use it : )

As for prostitution? Legalize the sh!t out of that too. While we're at it legalize gambling everywhere. Fcuk this puritanical bullsh!t. 

Amen, brother.

Some traditions are just fine.  Others are just fingernails clinging to a forgotten past.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In response to MattyScornD's comment:

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:

Anyways, back to the thread topic. I'm all for legalizing all weed usage, not just for medicinal purposes. I'm also for taxing it, mainly because I don't care since I don't use it : )

As for prostitution? Legalize the sh!t out of that too. While we're at it legalize gambling everywhere. Fcuk this puritanical bullsh!t. 

Amen, brother.

Some traditions are just fine.  Others are just fingernails clinging to a forgotten past.

It will be very interesting to see how truly legalized Marijuana plays out in Colorado and Washington.  It likely could end up in the courts, as a state rights issue, which would put the Conservatives in the awkward position of being Pro weed.

Legalization and taxation is a smaller government approach than criminalization, enforcement and incarceration, so in theory those on the right should be OK with it.  Of course the prison industry is largely privatized these days, so decriminalizing Pot is bad for business.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Legalize pot and tax it !

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

I'm bummed about the assisted suicide not passing.  I wish religious groups would stick to convincing people to act like good christians instead of using the government to force people to act like good christians. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts