Right to repair - NO assisted suicide - Medicinal weed: All Good, but...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Right to repair - NO assisted suicide - Medicinal weed: All Good, but...

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm bummed about the assisted suicide not passing.  I wish religious groups would stick to convincing people to act like good christians instead of using the government to force people to act like good christians. 

[/QUOTE]

You do realize that the VAST majority of those people opposing it on religious grounds are democrats, right?

[/QUOTE]

And?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

1)  Sin taxes nearly always come from the same political direction.  Sin is what demagogues build careers on.

2)  I'll bet the feds are going to fight this until the national consensus tips the scale enough against the alcohol industry.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to WhichOnesPink2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm bummed about the assisted suicide not passing.  I wish religious groups would stick to convincing people to act like good christians instead of using the government to force people to act like good christians. 

[/QUOTE]

So you think only religious people voted against it? I assure you that you're quite wrong if you do. I voted for it but know many not-so-religious people who voted against it....and they weren't the only ones.

[/QUOTE]

It's actually a fair assumption to make. I don't know who voted for or against it..but I've heard that the Catholic Church was the money behind the campaign against it.

BTW...I did not have a non-binding question on my ballot regarding taxing medicinal marijuana. If I had..I would have voted no.

Recreational marijuana..? That's different. That I would tax..with the caveat that the revenue be targeted for drug treatment programs.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

BTW...I did not have a non-binding question on my ballot regarding taxing medicinal marijuana. If I had..I would have voted no.

------------------

I am just finding out that a lot of districts didn't have the non-binding referendi.  I think the rationale is along the lines of - Why the F have non-binding questions when they ignore the binding ones?

[/QUOTE]

Haha...good point. Knowing my town leaders the way I do..no doubt that was what they were thinking.