Right-wing backlash against Occupy Wall St. begins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Right-wing backlash against Occupy Wall St. begins

Fox News and the opinion-makers of the conservative movement mobilize against the Occupy Wall Street protesters

It’s official: Occupy Wall Street has now become so large that the message makers of the conservative movement have set their sights on the growing protest movement.

Out of some combination of contempt and opportunism, Fox News along with right-wing pundits and magazine writers are calling out Occupy Wall Street as stupid, juvenile, and dangerous.

The strain of deep contempt is best expressed in this column by National Review editor Rich Lowry, titled “The Left’s Pathetic Tea Party”:

Occupy Wall Street is not a real answer. It is both more self-involved and more ambitious than the Tea Party. It represents an ill-defined, free-floating radicalism. Its fuzzy endpoint is a “revolution” no one can precisely describe, but the thrust of which is overturning our system of capitalism as we know it. If elected Democrats dare associate their sagging party with this project, they need immediately to consult their nearest psychiatrist and political consultant, in that order.

Continue Reading

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

Re: Right-wing backlash against Occupy Wall St. begins

Pathetic Tea Party huh?

Guess you hold contempt for legal middle class working Americans.

Maybe there should be protests in the "communities" bro.
    Thats where OUR money is flowing to.

We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem and Obama is the biggest spender of all time.

Have a nice day comrade

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

It's a farce.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Keep your eyes open boys i told you something was coming . You want protest WATCH how its done kids. Tea who ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from KittyDuke. Show KittyDuke's posts

This over publisized propaganda stunt may well be orchestrated by fearless leader HIMself.

Divide and conquer is his trademark.

Helllooo Herman !

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

They have as much right to protest as the tee partiers do.  The comparisons are fair game for examination, whether in bad faith or not.  (et tu, Lowry?)

And, like the tee partee, it happened a bit late in the game to truly deflect any charge of opportunism.  It gives hacks like Lowry the chance to opine that - somehow - protests against govt-enabled capitalism are wrong while protests against our capitalist-beholden government are right.

Criticize their arguments (such as they are) all day if you want but not their efforts to be heard. 

This is our democracy in action...provided it translates to votes at the polls.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In Response to Re: Right-wing backlash against Occupy Wall St. begins:
    [QUOTE]This over publisized propaganda stunt may well be orchestrated by fearless leader HIMself. Divide and conquer is his trademark. Helllooo Herman !
    Posted by KittyDuke[/QUOTE]

"over publicized" - compared to what...??

You are truly an obsessed dou(c)he if you think POTUS has anything to do with it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

Absolutely they have the right to peacefully protest, demonstrate and be heard without being slandered and/or accused of being racist or any other rude and divisive BS behavior!!

I say let'em speak their minds and if, they are a farce it will show.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobc33. Show bobc33's posts

I think the smelly losers "occupying" wall street are hilarious.  Just a bunch of moochers hoping to pick up freaky chicks.

They will go home when it gets cold.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]It's not dangerous, but it is stupid and juvenile. And isn't just the right-wing that thinks so. As I said in the truther-infested forum (Nat. News): _______________________________________________________________ Like Jillian Aydelott, 19, and Ben Mason, 20. They are a couple, both having taken an indefinite leave from school in Boston to travel across the country, very much on the cheap. Stopping in Providence, R.I., five days ago to sleep at a homeless shelter, they encountered a man who called himself Germ and said he was an activist. He was coming to the protest. They figured why not. They have yet to leave. Ms. Aydelott’s feeling was: “Nothing is happening. People on Wall Street have all the power.” http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/01/nyregion/wall-street-occupiers-protesting-till-whenever.html?hpw   _______________________________________________________   Interesting feeling, Ms. Aydelott. I am curious about your belief that a ragtag bunch of unemployed or soon to be unemployed persons sitting around on the sidewalk eating pizza that other people bought for them, announcing that they are protesting things they don't like, will cause "Wall Street" to make the financial system "equitable." I'm even more curious, Ms. Aydelott, as to why you think I need a ragtag bunch of peopel to eat pizza in protest of things they don't like to illuminate systemic flaws.   "More than 700 protesters demonstrating against corporate greed, global warming, and social inequality, among other grievances," http://www.boston.com/news/nation/gallery/protest_on_ny_brooklyn_bridge/ Yes. I suppose swarming on the Brooklyn Bridge will cause corporations to decide that they have been naughty and that they should stop it at once! ________________________________________________________ In Response to Re: The Marines are coming to Wall St. (to PROTECT protestors)! : The most I've been able to work out is that they want things that suck- to stop happening.
    Posted by WhatDoYouWantNow[/QUOTE]

I think I saw that interview I thought it was a scene out of the movie dumb and dumber.  If they were my kids, I'd cut off all funding and tell them to get a job at Micky D's or join the military.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Right-wing backlash against Occupy Wall St. begins : I think I saw that interview I thought it was a scene out of the movie dumb and dumber.  If they were my kids, I'd cut off all funding and tell them to get a job at Micky D's or join the military.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

But if it was a tea nut rally you wouldn't i would bet .

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]Keep your eyes open boys i told you something was coming . You want protest WATCH how its done kids. Tea who ?
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

So you seem to be aware of some prior planning which I can only infer came from the collection left progressive websites you visit. 

I assumed that where there was smoke there was fire and the right's accusations about this being a contrived astroturf effort of the Obama camp most likely is true. I think this could very well backfire on the Obama camp if this disgruntled group of demonstrators become violent like they did in Britain.
    If these events become violent over a class warfare battle cry it will look very bad for the group that has its finger prints all over it.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Right-wing backlash against Occupy Wall St. begins : But if it was a tea nut rally you wouldn't i would bet .
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

If it was a tea party rally they wouldn't be whining about needing a bail-out, they'd be railing against a government that provides them.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

They have as much right to protest as the tee partiers do.  The comparisons are fair game for examination, whether in bad faith or not. 

Agreed. They do have as much of a right. However, you think Menino would let it slide if it was the tea party camped on the greenway? It's a rhetorical question. We all know the answer is no.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Right-wing backlash against Occupy Wall St. begins : If it was a tea party rally they wouldn't be whining about needing a bail-out, they'd be railing against a government that provides them.
    Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

....I haven't been on this site that long, wondering what mattyscorn had for comments when the Tea Party was in Boston with Sarah P.
    I am guessing freedom of speech and freedom to gather were not part of his comments.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4286401. Show user_4286401's posts

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/morning/what-is-occupy-boston-20111006

Still doesn't anwer the question of what is your reasoning?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

[QUOTE]They have as much right to protest as the tee partiers do.  The comparisons are fair game for examination, whether in bad faith or not.  Agreed. They do have as much of a right. However, you think Menino would let it slide if it was the tea party camped on the greenway? It's a rhetorical question. We all know the answer is no.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink[/QUOTE]

In Boston you need a permit for everything, including the Burrito restaurant that provided free food for Menino's bicycle plan rollout earlier this year.  But the occupy crowd, no permit, just free power, free wifi access and free police protection.  Does anyone really think that this isn't a highly orchestrated astroturf event.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from WhichOnesPink. Show WhichOnesPink's posts

In Boston you need a permit for everything, including the Burrito restaurant that provided free food for Menino's bicycle plan rollout earlier this year.  But the occupy crowd, no permit, just free power, free wifi access and free police protection.  Does anyone really think that this isn't a highly orchestrated astroturf event.

Menino was questioned about this and he had no good answer as to why he's letting the permit thingy slide. Not to mention supplying them with electricity and wifi.
    The reporter asked if he and his family could camp out on the greenway some weekend and Menino said he couldn't do that. The reporter pressed him on it and he laughed saying the reporter couldn't because he didn't have a "cause". Which we all know is bullsh!t.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8ter2008. Show sk8ter2008's posts

http://1389blog.com/2011/10/06/occupy-wall-street-protestors-blame-jewish-bankers-billionaires/

Occupiers Look like bigots here.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Right-wing backlash against Occupy Wall St. begins : I assumed that where there was smoke there was fire and the right's accusations about this being a contrived astroturf effort of the Obama camp most likely is true.Posted by massmoderateJoe[/QUOTE]

Based upon what...??  That's a serious charge you're not backing up....

And even if it was astroturfed, how is that substantively different than freedomworks backing the tee partee groups?