Riots when Obama loses???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

Riots when Obama loses???

There has been a lot of Twitter and other internet chatter by people threatening to riot when Obama loses.

I can see how the media would avoid the topic....unless of course the threats were coming from Tea Party folks.

What is the probability of major cities having riots???  Unfortunately I think it's high.  I hope I'm very, very wrong. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BilltheKat. Show BilltheKat's posts

Re: Riots when Obama loses???

Riots?

But if Obama wins, there will be bloodshed.

Are we done now or are the wingnuts whipped up way too much?

So much anger with so much stupidity. A toxic mix.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

The sky is falling, the sky is falling.

More race baiting by the righties.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to DirtyWaterLover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Sky is falling, how is that?

GALLUP: R 51% O 45%

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In response to msobstinate99's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Sorry. You were the first to bring race into this conversation. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I just assumed the righties were afraid of the minorities in the Major Cities.  Otherwise you dipshits would have said riots in the suburbs.

Really said how intellectually dishonest you and the rest of the righties are.  It's worst than blatant racism - at least then you could be given credit for having guts.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nope. Sorry. You were the first to bring race into this conversation. 

[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I just assumed the righties were afraid of the minorities in the Major Cities.  Otherwise you dipshits would have said riots in the suburbs.

Really said how intellectually dishonest you and the rest of the righties are.  It's worst than blatant racism - at least then you could be given credit for having guts.

[/QUOTE]

STUDY: Blacks Feel 'Less Empowered' Under Obama...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

Looks like we've got a tag team thing going...

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/threats-of-violence-and-assassination-attempts-is-romney-wins-we-as-americans-must-rise-above-the-thug-mentality-regardless-of-political-preferences/80/6405869

Interesting that this comes up at this point.  Angst, projection at work?  Same themes again from the loyal opposition: angst, projection, limning the racism line.  How many more versions of this OP and comments are coming as the show amps up the closer the election grows?  One of the loyal opposition has apparently been urged to take a powder after tweaking the last couple of weeks.  Next.

But then, it goes with the world view.  What was the last president worried about during the Katrina disaster?  Is the fact that he flew directly to Northern Command headquarters in Colorado Springs an indication?  When the people in New Orleans were down for the count.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

STUDY: Blacks Feel 'Less Empowered' Under Obama...

[/QUOTE]

There you go.  Who could say it better than this post?  The OP and this make effective bookends.  Point made.  (Yours.)

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to Firewind's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Looks like we've got a tag team thing going...

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/news/politics/general/threats-of-violence-and-assassination-attempts-is-romney-wins-we-as-americans-must-rise-above-the-thug-mentality-regardless-of-political-preferences/80/6405869

Interesting that this comes up at this point.  Angst, projection at work?  Same themes again from the loyal opposition: angst, projection, limning the racism line.  How many more versions of this OP and comments are coming as the show amps up the closer the election grows?  One of the loyal opposition has apparently been urged to take a powder after tweaking the last couple of weeks.  Next.

But then, it goes with the world view.  What was the last president worried about during the Katrina disaster?  Is the fact that he flew directly to Northern Command headquarters in Colorado Springs an indication?  When the people in New Orleans were down for the count.

[/QUOTE]

Bush the old go to when you have nothing else.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

I was just asking because thousands of people have tweeted that they are going to riot if Obama loses and I was wondering if people thought the threats were credible.

Riots have occurred over less.  People are passionate about Obama....I can understand where frustration can lead to action if the he wasn't re-elected.

I love all people....if Obama loses I will want to give hugs and spread words of joy not throw bricks through windows and set cars on fire.....

Why can't we all just get along??? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

[QUOTE]

Times ticking on the Bush card. Then what will you nut jobs use?

[/QUOTE]

Why?  I still hear about Jimmy Carter ten times a day on this board.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because this is the 2nd term of Jimmy Carter.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from slomag. Show slomag's posts

In response to ThatWasMe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to slomag's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Because this is the 2nd term of Jimmy Carter.

[/QUOTE]

Then I guess we're allowed to gripe about Bush for at least 28 more years.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

In response to macnh1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I was just asking because thousands of people have tweeted that they are going to riot if Obama loses and I was wondering if people thought the threats were credible.

Riots have occurred over less.  People are passionate about Obama....I can understand where frustration can lead to action if the he wasn't re-elected.

I love all people....if Obama loses I will want to give hugs and spread words of joy not throw bricks through windows and set cars on fire.....

Why can't we all just get along??? 

[/QUOTE]

Relax..no one is going to be rioting regardless of the outcome of the election. One thing I've learned over the last couple of years is don't believe half of what people on anonymous internet forums say. I suspect Twitter is no different. Of course..makes me wonder who you follow on Twitter. I follow a variety of people..but admittedly..most of the individuals I follow are probably more left leaning than I am. I've not seen one tweet from any of them about such a thing. Of course...I have allowed my "worlds to collide" on twitter and many of the people I follow and who follow me know me personally anyhow.  I am much more selective of who I associate with on these sites now. I would never follow someone who threatened political rioting.

Funny..I was having a conversation about this type of thing yesterday with one of my coworkers. He agreed that one of the biggest problems of the internet was that people could always find things to support their view...so I guess if Macnh wants to believe there will be rioting if Romney wins..then he would have no trouble finding some crazies on twitter threatening the same.

I imagine if I had the inclination to do a search of Romney supports threatening the same..I would probably come across some tweets to support my assertion.

Personally..I would prefer not to count my chickens before they hatch.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Firewind. Show Firewind's posts

I just need to know: Are they coming up the road or through the woods?