R.I.P. General Schwarzkopf

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

R.I.P. General Schwarzkopf

Stormin Norman !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rushfan2112. Show Rushfan2112's posts

Re: R.I.P. General Schwarzkopf

Rest in peace.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

R.I.P.

Schwarzkopf supported President George W. Bush in his successful 2004 re-election bid against Democratic nominee John Kerry, stating --(President Bush) is the candidate who has demonstrated the conviction needed to defeat terrorism. [Yeah, except for that Bin Laden guy, right?] In contrast to the President's steadfast determination to defeat [read: torture] our enemies, Senator [Future Secretary Of State] Kerry has a record of weakness that gives me no confidence in his ability to fight and win the War on Terror.-- However, by December 2004, Schwarzkopf became critical of the Iraq War and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.[11]

Better late than never, I guess....

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

In response to TFefio's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember when America was great! Stormin Norman incinerated the worlds fourth largest army in a week end. 

[/QUOTE]

Technology "incinerated the world's 4th largest army in a week end."

We had bigger and deadlier toys than the Iraqis.

This "war" was not a war....it was like the New England Patriots playing against your High School team.....the freshman backup team. There would be no halftime or even a second quarter, because 25 or 30 of your school's 14 year old boys would have to be shoveled off the field by the time the game was about 5 minutes old.

They could have beaten Iraq without a great general. Compared to real wars, this was a weekend practice session because your tax dollars bought loads of jetfighters with high tech devices similar to what Luke Skywalker used against the Empire.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Stormin Norman !

[/QUOTE]

"The Bear" was a great general known for taking care of his troops and being very tough on officers - something that is lacking in todays Army!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

AlleyCatBruin did you serve under him ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

AlleyCatBruin did you serve under him ?

[/QUOTE]

No, I never served under Stormin Norman, but I have many friends who did. I was already back in civilian life when he became well known.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

AlleyCatBruin he was a real leader of men and I'm sure somebody who the guys never wanted to let down !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MattyScornD's comment:
    [QUOTE]

R.I.P.

Schwarzkopf supported President George W. Bush in his successful 2004 re-election bid against Democratic nominee John Kerry, stating --(President Bush) is the candidate who has demonstrated the conviction needed to defeat terrorism. [Yeah, except for that Bin Laden guy, right?] In contrast to the President's steadfast determination to defeat [read: torture] our enemies, Senator [Future Secretary Of State] Kerry has a record of weakness that gives me no confidence in his ability to fight and win the War on Terror.-- However, by December 2004, Schwarzkopf became critical of the Iraq War and Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld.[11]

[/QUOTE]

And endorsed McCain.

Ooops!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well he was a soldier, not a politician...to his credit.

Schwarzkopf, too.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

R.I.P.

[/QUOTE]

And endorsed McCain.

Ooops!

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, well he was a soldier, not a politician...to his credit.

Schwarzkopf, too.

[/QUOTE]

Schwartz may have soured on Bush (so did I) but he never endorsed Gore, Kerry or Bambi.

You brought him up (Bush)

[/QUOTE]

I know that.  It's clearly stated in the wiki.

Norman brought up W.  I'm just the humble messenger.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

AlleyCatBruin he was a real leader of men and I'm sure somebody who the guys never wanted to let down !

[/QUOTE]

The biggest thing is that the officers knew they better take care of the troops or Stormin Norman was going to be all over them. Sadly, there are no more generals like Stormin Norman. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to AlleyCatBruin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The biggest thing is that the officers knew they better take care of the troops or Stormin Norman was going to be all over them. Sadly, there are no more generals like Stormin Norman. 

[/QUOTE]

Chuck Horner is retired

[/QUOTE]

He was a good one too. Where good guys like that today?

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts