RIP Governor

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

RIP Governor

Former MA Governor Paul Cellucci passed away this afternoon after a 5 year battle with ALS. Celucci will always be remembered as a genuine good guy who never lost touch with his average guy roots. Even after he was appointed as Ambassador to Canada, he never moved out of his Hudson Ma. home.

Celluci broke down political barriers for women in MA when he chose Jane Swift as his running mate and Lt. Gov.  Like her or not...she became the first ( and thus far only) woman governor for the State of MA. He also appointed Justice Margaret Marshall as the first female Chief Justice of the SJC.

Although a republican, Cellucci was not tied to any one ideology. His opinions on different subjects were so varied that he was widely regards by everyone, including those with more liberal political leanings.

I for one thank him for his service to the State of MA. He is one who never let it get to his head. He never let the position become something bigger than the people he swore to serve.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: RIP Governor

That's too bad ...... I didn't vote for him but I thought he was pretty good and fair guy .    

R.I.P. Governor Cellucci

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Re: RIP Governor

That's a nice memory that you have of him....

Did anyone see the article about him in the Globe this morning? It was quite extensive and quite a tribute to him. When you think about it..he really did provide a good balance with Weld..who was more of an elite type of person. Even up to the final weeks of his life, Celluci was still fighting to raise money for ALS research.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron