R.I.P. Helen Thomas

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

R.I.P. Helen Thomas

You will be in the front row in Heavan !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: R.I.P. Helen Thomas

Helen Thomas reflected the gender diversity of the mainstream media, a good thing.

Her radical left politics reflected the total lack of diversity in the mainstream media of the more important element of political philosophy....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

RIP.

On politics:  Liberal politics can be tolerated.  Thomas was a vocal anti-semetic, which in the end, was the undoing of her career.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Veteran White House journalist Helen Thomas, who resigned in June over comments many viewed as anti-Semitic, has taken to the airwaves to defend the remarks, saying they were "exactly what I thought."

"I hit the third rail," Thomas told Ohio radio station WMRN-AM in an interview that aired today. "You cannot criticize Israel in this country and survive."

Thomas, 90, caused an uproar May 27 when she said Israelis should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go home" to Poland, Germany, America and "everywhere else."

"They distorted my remarks, which they obviously have to do for their own propaganda purposes, otherwise people might wonder why they continue to take Palestinian land," Thomas told WMRN reporter Scott Spears during the radio interview, referring to the Israelis.

Thomas also called accusations that she's anti-Semitic "baloney," saying that she hopes her legacy will be her "integrity and my honesty and my belief in good journalism."

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

Veteran White House journalist Helen Thomas, who resigned in June over comments many viewed as anti-Semitic, has taken to the airwaves to defend the remarks, saying they were "exactly what I thought."

"I hit the third rail," Thomas told Ohio radio station WMRN-AM in an interview that aired today. "You cannot criticize Israel in this country and survive."

Thomas, 90, caused an uproar May 27 when she said Israelis should "get the hell out of Palestine" and "go home" to Poland, Germany, America and "everywhere else."

"They distorted my remarks, which they obviously have to do for their own propaganda purposes, otherwise people might wonder why they continue to take Palestinian land," Thomas told WMRN reporter Scott Spears during the radio interview, referring to the Israelis.

Thomas also called accusations that she's anti-Semitic "baloney," saying that she hopes her legacy will be her "integrity and my honesty and my belief in good journalism."

Well, that's her side of the story.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

R.I.P. Helen.

You did not let them get away with a thing.

You paved the way for a lot of women to follow.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

In response to MrCricket's comment:

Well, that's her side of the story.

well, when you accuse someone of being anti-semetic usually it's their side of the "story" that you want to hear... 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Sad..but not unexpected. She did have a remarkable career.

" Above all..be the heroine in your life..not the victim" Nora Ephron

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Sections
Shortcuts