RIP James Gandolfini

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

RIP James Gandolfini

You will be missed!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: RIP James Gandolfini

Loved the Sopranos, mostly due to Gandolfini's acting ability.  I was really bummed to hear this news last night.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tvoter. Show tvoter's posts

He was great in The Mexican too

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to tvoter's comment:

He was great in The Mexican too

tvoter,

You were the other person I know who saw that movie. Brad Pitt, Julia Roberts, and Gandolfini as a sensitive burly gay hitman.

He was great in "Get Shorty" as well.

Brilliant, genius as Tony Soprano. Made HBO worth paying for. Could not control his own household but, etc.

Only 51 in Italy...dead from a heart attack. So sad. Leaving a wife and 2 children behind.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

In response to UserName99's comment:

Loved the Sopranos, mostly due to Gandolfini's acting ability.  I was really bummed to hear this news last night.

UserName99,

As the news started rolling out, I was stunned. Then I hoped it was one of those stories about a high profile person having died that turns out to be untrue.

As time went on, and confirmation after confirmation came out, I just felt so sad. 

When my morning newspapers came I could barely push myself to read the details they had confirmed.

I am not a celebrity follower. But, genius is genius. He was a genius in terms of his acting. 

It is very hard to succeed in any of the performing arts. He did it and did it with class. He died far too soon. 

Sections
Shortcuts