R.I.P. Robert Bork .

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

R.I.P. Robert Bork .

Never agreed with his positions but that won't stop me from paying tribute to him !

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ComingLiberalCrackup. Show ComingLiberalCrackup's posts

Re: R.I.P. Robert Bork .

The brilliant Robert Bork is now arguing his case for slander against Ted Kennedy, before a High Court from which there is no appeal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to GreginMeffa's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The man whose name became a verb long before Lewinsky.

Who knows why?  As in why was Bork "borked"?

[/QUOTE]

Was it his position on Roe v Wade, civil rights, ?

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from massmoderateJoe. Show massmoderateJoe's posts

Its widely believe that the Dem attack on Bork for his SCOTUS nomination was a turning point in the formerly civil process of presidential nominations.  Many have been Borked since, just ask Amb. Rice; she received a pre-emptive Borking.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

If your God exists and is in fact all-powerful, then its plan is already perfect. You are insulting that plan by asking for things to be any different. You are blaspheming your invisible man by suggesting he should do things differently.

I think most mainstream Christian sects believe in free will. So, if you believe that there is no pre-destined plan, praying for some desirable outcome is a perfectly reasonable act.

Alternatively, if you believe in Yog-shogoth you better hope that he doesn't hear your prayer because you've just guaranteed that he'll eat your soul next.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Sistersledge's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

The man whose name became a verb long before Lewinsky.

Who knows why?  As in why was Bork "borked"?

[/QUOTE]

Was it his position on Roe v Wade, civil rights, ?

[/QUOTE]

No no no.  Nixon's "Saturday Night Massacre".  Nixon ordered Elliot Richardson to fire Archy Cox, and Richardson refused and resigned, so it fell upon Solicitor General Robert Bork to fire Cox - who was replaced by Leon Jaworski, and that didn't work out so well.

I'm a Watergate nut, and figured out who Deep Throat was in 1980.

[/QUOTE]

If Bork had resigned that moment he might have been confirmed to the SCOTUS !

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

[QUOTE]

"I serve at the pleasure of the President"

[/QUOTE]

He was in a predicament !

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

In response to massmoderateJoe's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Its widely believe that the Dem attack on Bork for his SCOTUS nomination was a turning point in the formerly civil process of presidential nominations.  Many have been Borked since, just ask Amb. Rice; she received a pre-emptive Borking.

[/QUOTE]

You are right.  You reap what you sow on this one.