RNS star Eastwood is pro gay marry

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Re: RNS star Eastwood is pro gay marry

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to StalkingButler's comment:

there are very many Republicans that are perfectly fine with Gay unions

"Unions"?

There were probably many racists who were perfectly fine with letting blacks drink from water fountains. As long as they weren't the same water fountains whites drank from.

[/QUOTE]

I don't care what you call them (marriage, civil unions, etc) as long as everyone has the exact same rights under the law and to publc institutions as everyone else. It's not up to the government to decide who gets to marry who. In fact, the government should be completely out of it. I get these might be a difficult concepts for the average liberal affirmative action advocate to understand but there you go.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:
    [QUOTE]

there are very many Republicans that are perfectly fine with Gay unions

"Unions"?

There were probably many racists who were perfectly fine with letting blacks drink from water fountains. As long as they weren't the same water fountains whites drank from.

[/QUOTE]

I don't care what you call them (marriage, civil unions, etc) as long as everyone has the exact same rights under the law and to publc institutions as everyone else. It's not up to the government to decide who gets to marry who. In fact, the government should be completely out of it. I get these might be a difficult concepts for the average liberal affirmative action advocate to understand but there you go.

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree, get government out of the whole mess.  You have a church that wants to marry you?  Have at it.

However, don't force your view of how things should be on the rest of us.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]

Well I guess I have been under a rock because I didn't know Clints' view on marriage, gee maybe I have a life....

Clearly you do live under a rock because there are very many Republicans that are perfectly fine with Gay unions.

[/QUOTE]

None in the GOP leadership or in any real position of power...much less the devoted special and religious interests which are almost exclusively republican, i.e. FRC, FotF, NOM, etc.

A lot of conservative people I know would gladly join republicans if it wasn't for the stridency of the GOP brass on some social issues.  The problem is that same-sex marriage (ditto contraception) is also an important economic issue, too.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

[/QUOTE]

I actually agree, get government out of the whole mess.  You have a church that wants to marry you?  Have at it.

However, don't force your view of how things should be on the rest of us.

[/QUOTE]

You have it exactly backwards: you are forcing your view of things on the rest of us.  You don't have to worry: no one is going to make you go gay and get married to a guy.  As if any guy would have you... or gal for that matter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StalkingButler. Show StalkingButler's posts

Don't be such a putz. Nobody gives a sh!t what your conception of "the average liberal" is.

Jeepers, looks like we have yet another angry white man on our hands here!

9. This post has been removed.