Robertson: God gives less miracles to ‘too-educated Americans’ who learn science

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Robertson: God gives less miracles to ‘too-educated Americans’ who learn science

Glory Be!

Source: Raw Story

By David Edwards
    Monday, April 1, 2013 14:19 EDT

Televangelist Pat Robertson on Monday explained to his viewers that “sophisticated” Americans received less miracles because they had learned “things that says God isn’t real” like evolution.

On Monday’s episode of CBN’s The 700 Club, Robertson responded to a viewer who wanted to know why “amazing miracles (people raised from the dead, blind eyes open, lame people walking) happen with great frequency in places like Africa, and not here in the USA?”

“People overseas didn’t go to Ivy League schools,” the TV preacher laughed. “We’re so sophisticated, we think we’ve got everything figured out. We know about evolution, we know about Darwin, we know about all these things that says God isn’t real.”

“We have been inundated with skepticism and secularism,” he conintued. “And overseas, they’re simple, humble. You tell ‘em God loves ‘em and they say, ‘Okay, he loves me.’ You say God will do miracles and they say, ‘Okay, we believe him.’”

Read more: http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/04/01/robertson-god-gives-less-miracles-to-too-educated-americans-who-learn-science/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Re: Robertson: God gives less miracles to ‘too-educated Americans’ who learn science

God Bless you for this post.

Not a fan of Pat Robertson, but the title given by the OP and/or the author certainly doesn't line up with the contents.  Kinda like their trying to put words into his mouth.

I see why you like "The Raw Story" site.  Full of smears and focused heavily on knocking Christians.  Right up your "alley".

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

Re: Robertson: God gives less miracles to ‘too-educated Americans’ who learn science

If you can figure out how the world works you don't need miracles to get by .

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to Sistersledge's comment:

God bless you anyways, alley, er, I mean Sister.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Too funny. Roberston makes it sound like ignorance of science is a good thing. I believe in miracles and I think they happen everyday...but many things that society once considered miracles are actually easily explained by medical science.  I for one am thankful that we live in an age where we don't live in fear of disease but seek to identify the causes and cure it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sistersledge. Show Sistersledge's posts

In response to skeeter20's comment:

Thanks Pat .... I mean skeeter ......... why the negative vibes ...... I didn't say I didn't believe in miracles ..... I said that if you are smart enough you won't need  miracles.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DamainAllen. Show DamainAllen's posts

Not a fan of Pat Robertson, but the title given by the OP and/or the author certainly doesn't line up with the contents.  Kinda like their trying to put words into his mouth.

I see why you like "The Raw Story" site.  Full of smears and focused heavily on knocking Christians.  Right up your "alley".

Um, the title of the thread is entirely accurate. 

I wonder how Pat squares the fact that science and modern society have allowed him to build a digital and broadcasting empire that in turn has made him fabulously weathly.  I guess God doesn't have a problem with transistors, microchips, cable TV, and the internet, he just dislikes Ivy league colleges and the theory of evolution.  That makes sense. 

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reubenhop. Show Reubenhop's posts

This story belongs on a religion discussion post, maybe a national post, but it really is not part of a political discussion.  Robertson was not much of a political candidate and that was quite a while ago. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Too funny. Roberston makes it sound like ignorance of science is a good thing. I believe in miracles and I think they happen everyday...but many things that society once considered miracles are actually easily explained by medical science.  I for one am thankful that we live in an age where we don't live in fear of disease but seek to identify the causes and cure it.

I didn't get that out of Robertsons comments at all.  not that I like Robertson.  I wouldn't know him if I rode my bicycle over his feet.

I do , however, think the "reporter" wants us to think that's what he is saying.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

Thanks Pat .... I mean skeeter ......... why the negative vibes ...... I didn't say I didn't believe in miracles ..... I said that if you are smart enough you won't need  miracles.

The "miracles" comment was yours.  Are you forgetting what you posted?

God bless you, again.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to WhatDoYouWantNow's comment:

title given by the OP and/or the author certainly doesn't line up with the contents

If you understand English, it does.

nonsense.

Since when is referring to skeptisism and secualrism equate to science?  

I tend to think he is making more of a worldview or focus reference. Science isn't even mentioned.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In response to DamainAllen's comment:

Um, the title of the thread is entirely accurate. 

I wonder how Pat squares the fact that science and modern society have allowed him to build a digital and broadcasting empire that in turn has made him fabulously weathly.  I guess God doesn't have a problem with transistors, microchips, cable TV, and the internet, he just dislikes Ivy league colleges and the theory of evolution.  That makes sense. 

Um, no it is not.  Mentioning skepticisim and secularism does not make it about learning science. 

Science covers a lot of disciplines:  Astronomy, Biology, chemistry, etc.  They all cover the "how" of things.  To take what he says about how we interpret the "how" into the "why" and into the "unknown, is, well, inaccurate.

So, is Robertson saying knowing science leads to less miracles?  Clearly not.  He is saying that we learn science, and use this to support a disbelief in God.  therefore.  He's talking attitude.

At least, that's what I get ouut of it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from AlleyCatBruin. Show AlleyCatBruin's posts

Amen:).......

Sections
Shortcuts