Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Sadly, the government owns most of us, all except those rich enough to have the mobility to escape their grasp.  That's what really rankles the liberals about the rich:  success has liberated them from the clutches of government control.  You think all this "tax the rich" talk is about taxes?  Really.  For the left, this condition of the government controlling us is to be celebrated.  For the right, the condition is a disease.
    Posted by skeeter20[/QUOTE]

I'm not rankled by the rich.  I'm ranked by their lackeys.  The same way I would have been rankled by the British Loyalists in America during the Revolutionary War.  I'm always rankled by people who have to be dragged kicking an screaming to a better place.

I'm rankled by people standing in a tub of dog sh*t that won't step out of the tub.

I'm rankled by the people who say, "Yes.  I believe you.  Let's go to war".

I'm rankled by the people who believe that wealth has to be concentrated into the hands of the "job creators" in order for the economy to grow even though there is no evidence supporting the claim.

I'm rankled by people who won't see what is right in front of them.

I'm rankled by the people who voted for that career failure George W Bush and blame the democrats when W's job performance as president was the same as every other job he ever had. 

I'm rankled that W could even invade a back water country like Iraq without completely messing it up, leaving it to be cleaned up by others.

I'm rankled that W did the same thing to the US Economy as he did to the invasion of Iraq.

Obama gets no credit for getting us out of Iraq and gets the blame for the financial sector not being mriaculously cured, even though the Righties don't think he should have done anything. 

They want it fixed but they don't think the government should do anything.  It's the stupidest attitude I've ever come across. 

You were wrong about W.  You were wrong about Iraq.  You were wrong about the financial sector.  And you're wrong about the economy.  The Republicans have no track record of success on anything other than driving the country into the ground. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BetheKoolaid. Show BetheKoolaid's posts

Dirty has a big time "W derangement syndrome"...

The average unemployment rate during Bush's 2 terms: 5.2%

The average unemployment rate during Obama's one (and only) term : 9.4%

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    [QUOTE]Dirty has a big time "W derangement syndrome"... The average unemployment rate during Bush's 2 terms: 5.2% The average unemployment rate during Obama's one (and only) term : 9.4%
    Posted by BetheKoolaid[/QUOTE]

In the last 2 months of W's presidency, the US lost 1.4 million jobs.  That's the largest 2 month total for job losses in the past 5 years.  The greatest single month was January 2009 with 740,000 lost jobs.  In 2 months, the rate of job loss had more than doubled. 

As soon as Obama took office, the rate of job less began to fall.  The rate of loss was so staggeringly high, that it took a $900 billion stimulus 9 months to completely stop it.

Bush left office with 13 consecutive months of job losses.

The man stood by and watched as the world got thrown into economic chaos and I'm deranged. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    [QUOTE]That is way less than 98% of the country. And wing nuts want to give him more breaks by voting for him. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romney-says-he-paid-at-least-13-percent-in-taxes-for-past-10-years/2012/08/16/bf4b5944-e7be-11e1-8487-64e4b2a79ba8_story.html?hpid=z1
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

It's 100% more than you pay.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : What about those who didn't work hard and still got wealthy anyway?  Can we still resent them...? I'm not saying Mitt didn't work hard at some point, but he had a good head start it's not clear that money paid was always money earned.
    Posted by MattyScornD[/QUOTE]

" What about those who didn't work hard and still got wealthy anyway?"

Who?  Any examples?

I just want to see who makes you jealous.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : I'm not rankled by the rich.  I'm ranked by their lackeys.  The same way I would have been rankled by the British Loyalists in America during the Revolutionary War.  I'm always rankled by people who have to be dragged kicking an screaming to a better place. I'm rankled by people standing in a tub of dog sh*t that won't step out of the tub. I'm rankled by the people who say, "Yes.  I believe you.  Let's go to war". I'm rankled by the people who believe that wealth has to be concentrated into the hands of the "job creators" in order for the economy to grow even though there is no evidence supporting the claim. I'm rankled by people who won't see what is right in front of them. I'm rankled by the people who voted for that career failure George W Bush and blame the democrats when W's job performance as president was the same as every other job he ever had.  I'm rankled that W could even invade a back water country like Iraq without completely messing it up, leaving it to be cleaned up by others. I'm rankled that W did the same thing to the US Economy as he did to the invasion of Iraq. Obama gets no credit for getting us out of Iraq and gets the blame for the financial sector not being mriaculously cured, even though the Righties don't think he should have done anything.  They want it fixed but they don't think the government should do anything.  It's the stupidest attitude I've ever come across.  You were wrong about W.  You were wrong about Iraq.  You were wrong about the financial sector.  And you're wrong about the economy.  The Republicans have no track record of success on anything other than driving the country into the ground. 
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

So, in other words, you are rankled by people who try to better themselves instead of flopping on the couch and depending on government.  OK, got it.

You were wrong about W.  You were wrong about Iraq.  You were wrong about the financial sector.  And you're wrong about the economy.  The Republicans have no track record of success on anything other than driving the country into the ground. 

How was I wrong about IRaq?  Evertime you bring it up I thrash you with facts.

How was I wrong about the financial sector?  I don't even know what you are referring to.

How was I wrong about the economy?  Are you saying things are GOOD?  Don't test me on economics.  I'll thrash you again.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ergoetal. Show Ergoetal's posts

Amazing how the rich, like Romney, get the little people, like the wingnuts, to carry their water, not realizng it's against their own interests.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Wrong.  At least you're consistent. There's this thing called payroll taxes.  It goes to paying medicare and Social Security.  Everyone that works pays into it. Try not to make it so easy to find the holes in your arguments.  And notice that Mittens didn't say he paid 15% in income taxes or even in federal taxes.  He said "taxes".  I want to see his tax bill itemized.  How much for FICA, Federal income taxes, state income taxes, property taxes, etc.
    Posted by DirtyWaterLover[/QUOTE]

And I want to see Obama's college records, all of them.  Unlike Romney's taxes, something stinks with Obama's college career.  Just from what we know, his path from Occidental to Harvard law is highly improbable.  I'd like to know how he did that.

What's he hiding?  If he really was "all that" , then he should be proud.  Again, what's he hiding? 

You can't point to a similar smoking gun with Romney, can you?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

[QUOTE]If you pay MILLIONS in taxes AND give 15% of your annual income to charity....how is that paying LESS than 98% of Americans?????? Essplain.....
    Posted by macnh1[/QUOTE]

New math.

Clearly the marching orders from the Obama campaign is to just lie, lie, lie.  Throw anything out, because we don't have the cycles to challenge everything.

The typical Obama supporters here have been doing that all well.  Rube, DWL, BeKool, all just throwing absolutely INSANE claims out, and NOT ONE of them have answered the charges to back up their claims from me and others.

The left is losing, and they know it.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

In Response to Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    [QUOTE]That is way less than 98% of the country. And wing nuts want to give him more breaks by voting for him. http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romney-says-he-paid-at-least-13-percent-in-taxes-for-past-10-years/2012/08/16/bf4b5944-e7be-11e1-8487-64e4b2a79ba8_story.html?hpid=z1
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

He pays 13 percent because he lives off his investments.

He pays a tax on money that he has already paid taxes on when he claimed it as earned income.

He's paying taxes on capital gains.

You can't compare paying tax on capital gains because that money has already been taxed once and why the rate is lower then on it is on earned income.

The tax rates on capital gains and earned income is totally different.

What Romney has done is totally legal, if you don't like it change the law.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Obama would love to keep the focus on what Romney paid in taxes and not on the enormous debt the country has run up the past three years which is unsustainable.

Obama would rather not talk about the fact we had to borrow 45 billion to meet the demands of SS in 2010.

Medicare and SS are not sustainable in their current form, 2/3 s of our national budgets goes to paying entitlements and it keeps growing.

But let's talk about Romney's income tax.

The 3 wealthiest members of the Senate are Democrats a wonder how they were ever elected to office. No one has a problem with them or with Queen Pelosi's wealth.

Why didn't we have a problem with John Kennedy's wealth when he ran or John Kerry?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]Obama would love to keep the focus on what Romney paid in taxes and not on the enormous debt the country has run up the past three years which is unsustainable. Obama would rather not talk about the fact we had to borrow 45 billion to meet the demands of SS in 2010. Medicare and SS are not sustainable in their current form, 2/3 s of our national budgets goes to paying entitlements and it keeps growing. But let's talk about Romney's income tax. The 3 wealthiest members of the Senate are Democrats a wonder how they were ever elected to office. No one has a problem with them or with Queen Pelosi's wealth. Why didn't we have a problem with John Kennedy's wealth when he ran or John Kerry?
    Posted by ThatWasMe[/QUOTE]

And all those democrats EXCEPT JFK want to raise taxes on themselves.  Think any republican would do that ?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : And all those democrats EXCEPT JFK want to raise taxes on themselves.  Think any republican would do that ?
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

You don't have a clue. 60 percent of all income tax paid is currently paid by the top 10 percent of wage earners, 50 percent of the US population pay zero income tax.

Do you think that system is fair?

The left leaning democrats get elected by giving and promising perks to their constituency so naturally they need high spending and high taxes to support all the entitlement programs that they want to enact.

Wealth redistribution, take from the wealthy give it those who the Democrats feel are more needy.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

Taxing the rich at a rate of 75 percent of their income would not solve the current crisis, we are simply spending way more than we are taking in.

Obama borrowed 850 billion from the Chinese for his stimulus.

The rich not paying their fair share is a canard, we are spending money that we simply do not have and won't have even if the rich pay 75 percent.

Nothing but class warfare by Obama because he needs votes to get elected.

In 2010 the US govt. had to borrow 45 billion to cover the cost of Social security payouts, with the baby bombers just beginning to retire.

We need to face the reality that we are broke.

Paul Ryan is telling the truth when he says we have to make real reforms.

Mitt Romney's income tax form is a diversion to get people talking about anything other than the enormous unsustainable debt that we have amassed in the past few years and what we need to do about it.

There is a reason that president Obama is the first President NEVER to pass a federal budget for a President in office for 3 1/2 years. With a fillibuster proof democrat majority in both houses of congress his first two years. 3 1/2 years without a budget a disgrace and he wants to talk about Romney's income tax forms..

Because his ridulous rate of spending and all his budgets have been rejected by both parties and both houses of congress.

Obama wants to continue spending.

In order to continue spending the way he has ALL OF US will be paying higher taxes not just the rich, there aren't enough rich people in the USA to fund his programs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : And all those democrats EXCEPT JFK want to raise taxes on themselves.  Think any republican would do that ?
    Posted by beKool[/QUOTE]

"It's just plain wrong that millions of middle-class Americans pay a higher share of their income in taxes than some millionaires and billionaires." -- President Barack Obama

This is class warfare, Obama is not dumb he knows that Romney is paying tax on capital gains earnings not taxes on earned income as he would like you to believe.

Obama knows that Romney has already paid a much higher tax on this money when he claimed it as earned income.

Romney is now being taxed a second time for the same money. He took his own money after paying taxes and invested it he is paying 13 percent taxes on the money he has made investing.

This all part of Obama class warfare against the evil rich.

He will have us at each others throats just to be relected.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : He pays 13 percent because he lives off his investments. He pays a tax on money that he has already paid taxes on when he claimed it as earned income. He's paying taxes on capital gains. You can't compare paying tax on capital gains because that money has already been taxed once and why the rate is lower then on it is on earned income. The tax rates on capital gains and earned income is totally different. What Romney has done is totally legal, if you don't like it change the law.

What proof do you have that Mitt Romney paid earned income taxes on the money he "invested".

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :   What proof do you have that Mitt Romney paid earned income taxes on the money he "invested".
    Posted by vtfanofcs[/QUOTE]

Apparently you've never filed a long form.

I've been audited a few times.

Common sense says anyone running for high office as a Republican during a democrat administration generating the income that Romney has if there was a discrepancy would have been audited and outed in the media.

Like the Secretary of the treasury tax cheat Tim Geitner.

Besides Romney has been vetted having run for office before, if it was out there it would have come out long before now.

The problem Obama and his slime machine has in this election is that Romney is too clean.

He and Axelrod can't release Romney's personal marital issues to the press like they did to 2 other Obama opponents when Obama was running for the Senate.

Because there are none, happily married, honest, good businessman they have to make up stories about tax cheating when they know it isn't true.

All Obama has is slime he can't run on his record and he can't beat Romney sliming Bush that's what got him elected in 2008.

Romney is a felon, Romney murdered one of his former employee's wife, Romney is a tax cheat.

Chicago goon politics.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from vtfanofcs. Show vtfanofcs's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Apparently you've never filed a long form. I've been audited a few times. Common sense says anyone running for high office as a Republican during a democrat administration generating the income that Romney has if there was a discrepancy would have been audited and outed in the media. Like the Secretary of the treasury tax cheat Tim Geitner. Besides Romney has been vetted having run for office before, if it was out there it would have come out long before now. The problem Obama and his slime machine has in this election is that Romney is too clean. He and Axelrod can't release Romney's personal marital issues to the press like they did to 2 other Obama opponents when Obama was running for the Senate. Because there are none, happily married, honest, good businessman they have to make up stories about tax cheating when they know it isn't true. All Obama has is slime he can't run on his record and he can't beat Romney sliming Bush that's what got him elected in 2008. Romney is a felon, Romney murdered one of former employee's wife, Romney is a tax cheat. Chicago goon politics.

So you are saying that you can't prove that Mitt Romney paid earned income taxes on the money that he later invested.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

What does it matter what Romney paid in taxes? BTW at least he paid them.
    Everybody must know those that make money have ways to make sure they pay as little as possible. He11 we all try to pay as little as we can.

BTW
    GE paid ZERO taxes last year they are the largest US company and their CEO Jeffery Emelit(sp) is on Obama's Jobs Task Force.
    Obama had as the Treasury guy a person that also paid no taxes because "He did not understand..." what BS this is from the Left.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThatWasMe. Show ThatWasMe's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years :   So you are saying that you can't prove that Mitt Romney paid earned income taxes on the money that he later invested.
    Posted by vtfanofcs[/QUOTE]

That's what Romney said.

No one that I know of has produced any evidence to proove otherwise.

Sections
Shortcuts