Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

That is way less than 98% of the country. And wing nuts want to give him more breaks by voting for him.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/romney-says-he-paid-at-least-13-percent-in-taxes-for-past-10-years/2012/08/16/bf4b5944-e7be-11e1-8487-64e4b2a79ba8_story.html?hpid=z1

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

Romney's statement is pretty meaningless because he is paying 13% on his taxable income. If his taxable income is $0.00 then he could still claim to have paid 13% of that taxable income, yet paid not a single dime in taxes.

You want to be President?

Show us your tax returns.  End of story.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

George Romney, a man who got rich managing a company that built cars that Americans wanted and needed, nobly chose to reveal 12 years of tax returns when he ran for President. He understood that Americans had a right to know as much as possible about the man in whose hands they would place their futures, especially during a time of war.

In contrast, Mitt Romney refuses to let Americans know how he hid his money during the period when American solders fought without the essential body-armor that might have spared their life or limb in Iraq and Afghanistan. We citizens have a right to know this, just like the McCain campaign had a right to know it.

If Romney and his wife are uncomfortable revealing this level of financial detail, then perhaps they would be more comfortable running for higher office in the Cayman Islands, or Bermuda, or Switzerland.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    [QUOTE]So what? The 13% he pays is more than most people make you moron. I guess when you see money you want to take it is easy to complain you greedy basturd.
    Posted by Newtster[/QUOTE]

Thats it nut i mean newt make excuses for him . What is your tax  rate on your income kid 12% ?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    [QUOTE]You IDIOT.. 50% of the country pays NO taxes. It's personal with you. You RESENT sucessful people who were smart and worked hard to achieve. That explains alot.
    Posted by NO MO O[/QUOTE]

Wrong.  At least you're consistent.

There's this thing called payroll taxes.  It goes to paying medicare and Social Security.  Everyone that works pays into it.

Try not to make it so easy to find the holes in your arguments. 

And notice that Mittens didn't say he paid 15% in income taxes or even in federal taxes.  He said "taxes".  I want to see his tax bill itemized.  How much for FICA, Federal income taxes, state income taxes, property taxes, etc.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]Romney tax return from 2010 and an estimate for 2011 indicated that over the two years he expected to pay a total of $6.2 million in taxes on income of $42.5 million.
    Posted by chiefhowie[/QUOTE]

The more you make the more you pay. Nothing wrong with that . Percentage wise you pay more in your taxes than he did.I would like to see you get a break before someone who doesn't need it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]You IDIOT.. 50% of the country pays NO taxes. It's personal with you. You RESENT sucessful people who were smart and worked hard to achieve. That explains alot.

What about those who didn't work hard and still got wealthy anyway?  Can we still resent them...?

I'm not saying Mitt didn't work hard at some point, but he had a good head start it's not clear that money paid was always money earned.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MattyScornD. Show MattyScornD's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : C'mon Matty... you have higher potential. I don't resent them although are you talking about people who inherited money like... maybe the Kennedy boys? Nope, no resent.. no respect either. Heck Matty.. inheritance money had already been taxed how many times? I know Uncle Sam needs cash and only has one source but there are limits. Don't you want to leave your kids something without Barry grabbing some?

Actually, I was being facetious.  I don't resent people for making more money than they're worth; not too keen on the people paying them, though.

People use trusts and wills and other vehicles to hide their money from taxes as well as provide something for their heirs.  That's fine.

But when they start manipulating stocks to harvest tax losses, sometimes other people can get hurt.  Off-shore accounts are often transacted by the same banks laundering drug money for the deadly cartels.  That should be an ethical barrier right there.

Let's face it: there are honest ways to make a living and a few dubious ways, too.  I've worked in software for a long time and met many business guys who have trouble tying the laces on their loafers, if you follow me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : You flip floppers always want to use the rate when it comes to what you pay then you flip to the amount when it comes to a credit. Never an end to the whining and complaining.  Why should one person pay a higher rate than another? "Fair" would be an equal rate.

Even if Mitt paid 13%, it's less than 1/2 what I paid.

The wealthy would never stand for a flat tax. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : How much does the 13% equate to?  And why would you hold what he pays in taxes against him? Is he doing anything illegal? It's funny, you and your ilk preach all about freedom of choice. That as long as one isn't breaking the law that they should be able to do what they want. Apparently that doesn't apply to conservatives who take advantage of LAWFUL tax breaks. What's even funnier is that we didn't hear a peep from you guys about tax rates when Kerry ran for president. Newsflash...he paid just as low of a percent as Romney.
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2[/QUOTE]

There's legal and then there's ethical.

We knew what Kerry paid because WE SAW HIS TAX RETURNS.

Here's an opportunity for the public to see just exactly how the ultra rich pay their taxes.  Let the public see how they work the system so when they wealthy complain about their taxe rate.  Let the public see that raising their taxes fro 31% to 33% really means raising their taxes from 13% to 13.05%

Didn't I see the word "transparency" in a post by you recently?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : You flip floppers always want to use the rate when it comes to what you pay then you flip to the amount when it comes to a credit. Never an end to the whining and complaining.  Why should one person pay a higher rate than another? "Fair" would be an equal rate.

The rich would never go for a flat tax and you know it. And sorry if your tax rate in the end is higher than the boy you are going to vote for. Not very bright real.ly backing a man who pays less of a percentage than you ever could hope  for.

Sections
Shortcuts