Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Is the dollar amount he paid less that 1/2 what you paid?
    Posted by WhichOnesPink2

I thought we were discussing rates.

No he paid more.  But he has more to protect.  He uses the infrastructure more.  he benefits more from Government services.

Who has more to lose if our houses burn down?  Who has more to gain from a well educated work force, a guy with hundreds of millions in investments or me hoping I can retire at 70?  Who has more to lose fro a broken down highway system, a broken banking system.

Don't you have any understanding of how a society works?

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years:
    In Response to Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : If 50% of America pays NO taxes, and the top 10% pay 90% of the tax burden...........................how the heck can it be "way less than 98% of the country"? You suk at math don`t you?
    Posted by jmel

Percentage DA

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Romney is talking about his total tax burden. You paid 26% on your total income? I doubt it.
    Posted by Newtster

State Income Taxes plus Federal Income Taxes plus Federal Payroll Taxes plus City Property Taxes.  I have a nice mortgage interest deduction and 15% going into my 401K.  I am in a high tax bracket. 

I'd like to tap into one of Mitt's tax attorneys/accountants but not sure i can afford it. 

Doesn't he get to deduct the fees chaged by the team of people putting his taxes together from his taxes?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Capital Gains.  He doesn`t have a salary, a paycheck,..........His only "income" is Capital Gains, and it`s legal.
    Posted by jmel

How can you be sure...Have you seen his tax returns?

Even cap gains is 15%, not 13

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bald-predictions. Show bald-predictions's posts

You IDIOT.. 50% of the country pays NO taxes. It's personal with you. You RESENT sucessful people who were smart and worked hard to achieve. That explains alot.
    Posted by NO MO O

LOL

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Has he been working the Drive Thru at Burger King or something and we don`t know it? 
    Posted by jmel

or maybe being the CEO of Bain, or speaking engagements, etc.?

13% of what? Total income, taxable income? Does the figure include state and county level taxes? Is this before or after the dressage horse deduction? There are so many ways to come up with a "tax rate" that quoting such a figure without proper context is absolutely meaningless and you know it.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Be nice Billy. It's all Barrys wealth redistribution. No good honest deed goes unpunished. You harp on the rich who already pay 90% F'ING percent of ALL taxes. That's a percentage DA !!
    Posted by NO MO O

Idiots think that the rich own them not the smart people. We know where you stand or is that kneel .

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from beKool. Show beKool's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : Concentrate Billy, I posted facts. talk to them or dispute them. The Rubie babble is not your game. Guess I'm the exception because I'm your idiot but nobody owns me. The kneel stick didn't work. It's all timing.
    Posted by NO MO O

The mega wealthy own you kid you know it i know it crying about it doesn't get you off your knees. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from undead. Show undead's posts

The showing of taxes, as was discussed in another thread, is nothing more than a tradition, and until it's a law then anyone saying Romney (or anyone else) has to show them is wrong.
     Nobody has to show them. It's the spoiled kids (or is it adults) out there that don't like it when things don't go there way that have a problem with this. 

So Romney made some cash in his working days and he knows how to keep it. This is wrong? Funny, every time I talked to an elder (by that I mean a grandparant or two) they did everything they could to teach me how important it was to hang onto money instead of spending it.
     Romney knows to play the game and win and some of you out there are complaining about it. Is that because you don't know how to play or because you can't seem to win?

Not only that but why is everyone stuck on what me makes or pays in taxes? I'd be more worried about what I'm going to wind up paying in taxes then him. I'd be more interested in finding out how I can get my taxes down to 12%, but all the heavens and hells forbid that I or anyone else try to think about how they can make life better for themselves without the government getting involved.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from skeeter20. Show skeeter20's posts

In Response to Re: Romney: I’ve paid at least 13 percent tax rate in each of past 10 years : The govt owns you and you like it.
    Posted by NO MO O

Sadly, the government owns most of us, all except those rich enough to have the mobility to escape their grasp.  That's what really rankles the liberals about the rich:  success has liberated them from the clutches of government control.  You think all this "tax the rich" talk is about taxes?  Really. 

For the left, this condition of the government controlling us is to be celebrated.  For the right, the condition is a disease.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from macnh1. Show macnh1's posts

If you pay MILLIONS in taxes AND give 15% of your annual income to charity....how is that paying LESS than 98% of Americans??????

Essplain.....

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from UserName99. Show UserName99's posts

If you pay MILLIONS in taxes AND give 15% of your annual income to charity....how is that paying LESS than 98% of Americans?????? Essplain.....
    Posted by macnh1

Please keep in mind that the 'charity' he is talking about is their tithe to the Mormon church. Monies which are used to strip people's civil rights (Prop 8) and build luxury shopping malls (City Creek Center) among many other not terribly "charitable" causes.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts